Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
Amanita

Since I do personification cosplay, I've got a huge "wanna-do" list.
I like doing original characters based on Skyscrapers..
There's several that New Yorkers here will recognize:
One Astor Plaza
Citicorp Center
Empire State Building
Chrysler Building
and a whole slew of others.

I've also got some Dubai skyscrapers on my list- I should get some friends together and make a mini skyline
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #17
Felidae Pounce
Nyan! =^w^=

I get a bit too ahead of myself by wanting to cosplay a lot of different characters instead of focusing on what I currently want to do for the next upcoming cons. It's more of a "Hey-I'm-looking-more-into-the-future-than-focusing-on-the-present"
Instagram: felidaepounce
World of Warcraft: Tinykitten (Echo Isles)
Rangerboard: Felidaepounce
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Felidaepounce
Felidae Pounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #18
Dalibar
Eat the Rude

I'm very indecisive and have a huuuuge amount of characters I want to cosplay. This makes me overwhelmed and is one of the many things that keeps me from cosplaying at all -_-
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #19
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

I want to do a lot of cosplays, but when it comes to actually making a choice on what to actually make, I'm quite picky.
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #20
GreenElfie

I have a huge list of characters on my "future cosplay" list too! It makes it kind of hard to narrow down the selection when I pick a new costume to start on.

Upcoming conventions:
Dragon*Con 2014
Senshi-Con 2014

In Progress:

Elsa - Frozen
Molly - The Walking Dead
Fallout - Vault Suit
GreenElfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #21
rynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Since I do personification cosplay, I've got a huge "wanna-do" list.
I like doing original characters based on Skyscrapers..
There's several that New Yorkers here will recognize:
One Astor Plaza
Citicorp Center
Empire State Building
Chrysler Building
and a whole slew of others.

I've also got some Dubai skyscrapers on my list- I should get some friends together and make a mini skyline

That's a really interesting concept! I've never heard or seen anyone dress up as buildings but I'm really drawn by that idea ^^
That's so cool ^^
rynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #22
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Well, if you have just that problem is ok. It could be worse if you were like one of my friends who forbid anyone to cosplay any character because it's hers...until she forgets about the character. Oh but she will remember when someone here does the costume anyways.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #23
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynth View Post
That's a really interesting concept! I've never heard or seen anyone dress up as buildings but I'm really drawn by that idea ^^
That's so cool ^^
I've got one such costume here on cosplay.com, and some work in progress pics, as well as lots of concept art here:

http://ladyamanita.deviantart.com/

It's a bit disorganized, but I've thrown a lot of stuff in there.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #24
Khorrupt

My friends joke about my "CCS", as they call it; closet cosplay syndrome.

Every time I like a character I want to cosplay them, but usually know that A, I'm not going to be able to come up with the money to do so, B, wouldn't have a place to wear them to (because my con schedules are ALWAYS FULL), and C, sometimes people wouldn't even know the character, and so because I don't throw stuff out I always have an abundance of recycled things to use in making closet cosplays that I can just throw together for my own satisfaction and then stuff them back into the closet, and, if something happens and I need a costume of that character...I've got it!

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #25
no-limit
There are No-Limits

yep I have this...
I have noticed after wanting to cosplay a large amount of the circus and other characters in kuroshitsuji, just keep adding them to my massive list of ideas.

My mom hates it when I get ideas added to my list she just tells me to calm down Dx

My work? My plans? Come find: www.facebook.com/No-Limit-Cosplay
no-limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydiaValentine View Post
Well, if you have just that problem is ok. It could be worse if you were like one of my friends who forbid anyone to cosplay any character because it's hers...until she forgets about the character. Oh but she will remember when someone here does the costume anyways.
Oh dear, she's one of -those- people, huh? I hope she acts jokingly about it and not as if you did something just to spite her.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #27
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

She was not like that before, but another friend contaminated her mind with that trail of thought. She actually liked watching people cosplaying her favorite characters before :S Right now is like "I'm the only person in the world with the right to cosplay anything". Seriously WTF.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #28
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Very guilty of this. I'm always working on something, often 2 or 3 costumes at a time.
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #29
The Boss
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
A lot of my friends also have extensive "future cosplays" lists, but I myself have a pretty small list. If I had endless income, my list would probably be longer, but when deciding what I'm interested in cosplaying, my potential ideas immediately go through a "Is it worth it?" test before I get attached to the idea of making them happen, haha. So the few that are on my list are ones that I feel are worth the cost, time, effort, and headache see through to the end. In other words, I have to want to make them REALLY REALLY badly. (I'm also a penny pincher who feels the pain of spending even when it's on things I really want, so this plays a huge role in my decision-making.)

THIS. EXACTLY.
I can't spend huge amounts of money on costumes. Hell.. I'm even thinking if I really need the most simple things like (normal/civil) clothes and often turn away because I want to save up money for bigger plans (car and a flat as an example)
And even very simple costumes easily went over 100$ because of the freaking details (buttons, zippers, snaps, cords, contact lenses with prescription) so...alone for a wig+contacts I pay usually around 30-50$..depending on the wig length and if contacs are needed or if I have an old pair which is still under the "days you should wear" limit) fabric can cost pretty much here, too. I try to keep it cheap due searching at the local fabricmarkets which travel through our country a few times per year. But per metre it's usually around 10-20$, still.... and shoes...omg shoes (even as a base) can be expensive...

But I often see characters in Games (mostly)/anime//manga and I'm totally flashed and think "daaamn I want to cosplay that" but when it finally comes to deciding, I really only do characters I feel a strong connection to. So much that I really REALLY want to cosplay them.
I'm often shocked when I see that some of my friends have 30 or 50+ cosplays (or even 70+) when they're cosplaying the same amount of years I do... or even less... I wish I could spend that much money on cosplay (and had enough time for it...time is my main problem), but nope, other things are more important sadly (food, rent, bills, clothes every few years and health care etc :/

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)

Last edited by The Boss : 06-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #30
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Considering I sew every day, it's not unusual for me to get through several costumes in a year, but it does get expensive. It used to be that, for every new series I watched, I cosplayed at least one character and wanted to cosplay two more. Real life money issues helped quash that. Also, as you learn more and more about proper sewing and tailoring, you start hating anything that isn't full finished and tailored. At least, that happened to me. I can't wear most of my old costumes now because I can see the seams or the poorly-constructed shoulders or whatever.

Still, I do want to have several new costumes in a year, so I keep myself happy with occasional thrift store costumes. This year's seen probably the most thrift store costumes since I haven't had the costuming time I used to have. Next year, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell may be the only sewn costumes we finish.

But yeah, sometimes people are like, "Well, why didn't you make this since you know how to sew?" I can't sew EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME, but I want to be John Watson or whatever. Don't hold that against me. You wouldn't hold it against a new cosplayer.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote