Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 10-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
NerdNewsRealm

Boston locations?

Hi am doing a photoshoot in boston i was wondering what are some good location to shoot.

The theme is DC heroes i will have a bunch of people cosplaying at super heroes.

Thank you and help is great.
NerdNewsRealm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
rising_son
CSter Hegg

Are you looking specifically for a studio or an outdoor location? I live in the Boston area as well and been looking for places for outdoor shoots.

In looking, I've discovered that it has to be a place where you know that people are OK with shoots, IE making sure no cops are around in case you have cosplay weapons.

It also depends on what kind of tone are you looking for. Are you looking for a more industrial setting or outdoorsy park feel? Its hard, considering you might have to ask permission for certain locations, ie around schools or around the Common. The older building feel can also be found in the South End as well. For parks, there is Harvard Park right near Harvard Square that might work. I did a film shoot a while back for it.

If you need a studio and are willing to pay, Boston Studio Photography has some decent rates and a great basement look and an outdoor landing as well...

Hope this helps.
rising_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
rising_son
CSter Hegg

What kind of location are you looking for? Outdoor or studio? What's the tone? I live in the Boston area and I too am looking for a decent outdoor location for shoots.

If its outdoor, be wary of cops and the like in case your cosplayers have weapons. Harvard Park (not sure of the exact name) near Harvard Square is a possibility. I did a film shoot a few years ago there. Also, Boston's South End has a lot of interesting and older buildings worth scouting as well. Even the Boston Common might be worth looking into. I see tons of film students doing things out there.

As far as studios, check out Boston Studio Photography. Their rates are decent if you are willing to pay and they have studios as well as a basement that has a nice gritty feel to it. They also have an outdoor landing that's good as well.

I think most places in and around the city are worth looking into, but always check to see if there are any rules against it.

I hope this helps.
rising_son is offline   Reply With Quote