Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 06-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
OrangeLadyBluth

Red face Maid Cafe

Hello! It's been a year or two since I've been to Anime Fest but I'm looking forward to going back.

I doubt we have enough time to have it prepared for this years convention, but has anyone ever thought of hosting a maid cafe? I have seen videos of conventions who have done this, with varying levels of success. Given the large hotel Anime Fest is located in, surely there would be plenty of space to hold such an event.

Here are what I think would be the primary issues:
-Location (we'd need access to a kitchen and a place that is separated from all the con traffic)
-Menu (I guess that depends on how much involvement we have with hotel staff. We would want at least a basic maid cafe menu)
-Pricing (What would we charge patrons? Most legitimate cafes charge an entry/hourly fee on top of the food and tips, but I figured we would make pricing a bit more accesible)
-Staff (Could we get the necessary amount of volunteers? Would we be able to allow them to keep tips? Could we get people willing to commit to the authentic maid service?)

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I wanted to get feedback from other Anime Fest attendees. Any ideas? I also thought it would be nice to donate a portion of the the proceeds to a charity, but that's a whole other issue in itself.

Thanks!
OrangeLadyBluth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
OrangeLadyBluth

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I would like to have some butlers aswell, provided we have enough volunteers.
OrangeLadyBluth is offline   Reply With Quote