Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Greatkernal

Jak And Daxter

Hey guys,

I'm new to this website and I'm seeking some help with my cosplay. I went to Comicon and was inspired to start my first cosplay costume. I really liked the series jak and daxter and have descided to do the JAK 2 Version of Jak. I started off asking commissioners how much they would cost to make my costume and one said 250 for everything above the feet and below the head and another in the UK said 1500 for the everything on the jak 1 costume. I knew cosplay was expensive but I couldn't afford that. SOO, I took on myself to start doing this. My primary concern is the goggles, and the chest piece. Any ideas how to go about making them. The goggles are the hardest and I made my first pair out of an old visor hat by cutting the balcony off and wrapping leather around it, then attatching the lenses, but it didn't look that great. Any suggestions would be great thanks. http://http://community.us.playstati...v=mpbl-1&px=-1
Greatkernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
3-Swords CEO
Swordsmith

I am as a HUGE fan of the series, but I also make/sell props so I've thought about this a lot. The advice I have is this: Steam punk google can usually be found cheap online thru hot topic, spencers, or another punk clothing line. The chest ring however is a different story; Your going to have to make it. They way I would go at it is Start by going to a hardware store looking for a cheap bendable (yet durable) think metal wiring, bending that into a ring, then covering with paper attacted by masking tape to get it to the size you want it. Then you could just pant it OR if you want to make it truely legitament; cover the ring with Fosshape or Wonderflex (fosshape is cheaper but harder to put on) other covers would be paper mache, I suggest only buying about a pound of material if going with the Mache.
Good luck on your cosplay! Hope this helps!
If you need to contact me faster just post on "3-Swords Cosplay" on facebook!
3-Swords CEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Greatkernal

thank you. I shall look into your suggestions.
Greatkernal is offline   Reply With Quote