Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
angryshota
Idol

Fem!Kuroko makeup opinions

I would really like some advice on my Fem!Kuroko makeup and opinions if it's too much or not considering Kuroko is very simple himself.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Not familiar with the character, but you're adorable! However, I would recommend cleaning up the white near your eyebrows, a lip tint, and light blush.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
gtothedragon

I really like what you've done with your eyebrows; I remember the last time I tried coloring mine and that fell through horribly. Anyway, I do think you could clear up some of the white lining your wonderful blue brows and then use some BB cream and then a light foundation powder to even out the tone of your skin and cover up acne, blemishes, etc. It could also help you get a lighter skin tone color that would match your light blue wig! Other than that, I'd say use a light blush and lip tint like PSY-chan advised! ^~^
gtothedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
luukaa

I think the eyebrows are a bit messy, and maybe should be arched more, but the eye make up is adorbs.
luukaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
ChaiX
His Girlfriend the Moon

You are very cute! Like others have said prior, the eyebrow tinting is actually pretty good, but it wouldn't hurt to touch up a bit I love KnB, and my brother is even planning an Aomine Daiki cosplay! However, I do have a few little notes. Like you said, Kuroko is very simple, and he as a person is not meant to stand out at all. Since you are doing a genderbend, I would stay true to that key characteristic. The false lashes are a bit much, I think (unless those are your real lashes, then OMIGOD I'M SO JEALOUS.) and maybe you should try something a bit more natural looking? I imagine Kuroko, female or otherwise, probably wouldn't wear much make-up, if any at all. Then again, it is cosplay, so if you don't wear any make-up you'll look washed out on camera. I would suggest using brown eyeliner rather than black, and using natural tints to bring out your eyes rather than using such a bold black. There are lots of tutorials online for natural looking make-up, so why not take a peek at those?

Hope I helped,
Risa <3

P.S.
If you're ever in the West Coast, you and my brother should totally do a KnB photoshoot ^.^

CONVENTIONS I FREQUENT

FanimeCon - San Jose
AnimeiCon - Monterey
SacAnime - Sacramento
FurtherConfusion - San Jose
AnimeExpo - Los Angeles
ChaiX is offline   Reply With Quote