Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
SabrX

Best way to strengthen shoulder muscles?

I made large armor costume recently. The weight of everything except the boots, helmet, and weapon is supported by my shoulders. After wearing my costume for a while, my shoulder goes numb. What's the best way to strengthen my shoulder muscles?
SabrX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
Zombieki11er
Zombie Response Team

Wow, your gear sounds pretty heavy. How heavy is that stuff? As for strengthening, there's tons of ways to strengthen your shoulders, so if I were you, I would actually consult google and see what exercises you would like to do. Here are a few that I'll name off the top of my head that you can do if you have dumbbells. Lateral raises, military press, dumbbell bench press, flies, and while they aren't really shoulders, I feel as though shoulder shrugs may be one of the best when it comes to carrying gear on you shoulders. Also, if you do pushups with your hands right under your shoulders and you touch you chest to the ground on every rep, you should get a good shoulder work out as well.

Hope this helps! =D

Last edited by Zombieki11er : 07-22-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Mah grammer.
Zombieki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Septi

Doing weights generally help. Go to the gym or buy some weights for home if gym membership is too costly.
Septi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
SabrX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieki11er View Post
Wow, your gear sounds pretty heavy. How heavy is that stuff? As for strengthening, there's tons of ways to strengthen your shoulders, so if I were you, I would actually consult google and see what exercises you would like to do. Here are a few that I'll name off the top of my head that you can do if you have dumbbells. Lateral raises, military press, dumbbell bench press, flies, and while they aren't really shoulders, I feel as though shoulder shrugs may be one of the best when it comes to carrying gear on you shoulders. Also, if you do pushups with your hands right under your shoulders and you touch you chest to the ground on every rep, you should get a good shoulder work out as well.

Hope this helps! =D
My costume weights 25 lbs. My shoulders is supporting 17.3 lbs distributed across two straps.

Thanks for the in depth tips on exercises!
SabrX is offline   Reply With Quote