Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 07-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #16
KathyWeed

Usually to get rid of zit we people squeeze it and it not only makes it bad but leaves a permanent mark. So treat it patiently. Avoid oily facial products and apply a effective acne lotion it will surely help you.
KathyWeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
Lovely Udon
rainbow veins~

For the most part, my face only really breaks out near my chin and once in a while I'll get a pimple or two along my jawline. My skin is oily, too. I've lived with acne since I was a teenager (I'm in my 20s now).
At one point I tried Proactiv and it made me break out even worse. Tried AcneFree..worked for a bit, but it seemed like if I missed one day of using that product, the pimples would come back in full force. Gee, I love my skin. 9_9

For a few months my skin has been (relatively) the clearest its ever been. I wash my face with simple soap (I use an all natural oatmeal and honey bar, organic) and warm water, then pat it dry and then I apply lemon juice all over my face with some cotton. I don't know if it's just me but I can only use fresh lemon juice. I tried using the bottled lemon juice that you can find in the baking aisle and the preservatives & lemon oil seems to make me break out.

You can also apply some rose water to your face after the lemon juice has dried.

For those big nasty pimples, I tried dipping a q-tip in vinegar and applying it directly to the pimple. It......stung...so bad. Next time I'll dilute the vinegar in water before applying, but it did the job. Within a few days, the big pimple had drained and dried up. I want to try tea tree oil instead of vinegar, though. It sounds like it would be less harsh on the skin.

Once a week I mix 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (and some honey) in a glass of water and drink it to detox my body.

So far this routine has produced the best results for me. ^_^
+Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
My Better Half~
+Sebastian (Black Butler)
+Mephisto Pheles (Blue Exorcist)
Lovely Udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
building227

acne problem solved!

you guys advice is all wrong for getting rid of acne. If you want to get rid of acne, Take 50 milligrams of zinc, avoid milk and cheese, and use the astringent/toner product "thayer's witch hazel" (10 bucks at GNC) - you want to balance the ph in your skin! Also rubbing alcohol dries up a zit. but if its a pusser, you have to squeeze all the puss out of it first... then apply the alcohol. also equal amounts of apple cidar vinegar and water will help. Just wet your face and dump the solution into your hands and splash it on and rub it around. then rinse it off. this will bring the ph balance back to your skin too. and wiping with hyrdrogen peroxide (on the skin) will help bring all the impurities to the surface and will soften your skin. Don't believe the lie the medical field pushes claiming that hydrogen peroxide dries out the skin. IT DOESN'T! it helps it! oh and using the juice of an organic lemon on your face will help clean the surface of the face too.
building227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
luy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Udon View Post
Once a week I mix 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (and some honey) in a glass of water and drink it to detox my body.
I took a shot of ACV-water this morning, it tasted vinegary but I feel a lot healthier.
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
dchoi90

Try Body Shop's Tea tree line if you can, it help clear me up. Its somewhat pricey, I bought the full size set $25 and its been maybe 6minths since I had, I haven't even gotten through half of it yet
dchoi90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #21
Boyzenberry
Lemonade

These are some of the BEST things I have found for acne.

If you can find witch hazel, just put it on your face once in a while and it will dry you out and get rid of your oil.

ALTHOUGH EXPENSIVE, something that I have found that works is a product from LUSH called "Dark Angel."
http://www.lushusa.com/Dark-Angels/9...tart=1&q=angel

Lastly, a little more cheap is the products from the UK that are now in the US called SIMPLE.
http://www.simpleskincare.com/

For more specific things from organic scrubs and everything, you need to look at Michele Phan's videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan/videos

I will list a few of her best acne helping videos below.

For puffy eyes : http://youtu.be/BD9TAfFEp9A
Make your own pore strips : http://youtu.be/-bjOB4zS0uE
***Aspirin Mask : http://youtu.be/Q-Hksg8B4cQ
Find your BEST skin care CVS Trip : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Kcb9aNVfo

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #22
Spaztastic

I don't have acne, but I get the occasional pimple. Best thing I've found is tea tree oil. Dries it up really fast and doesn't make my skin flaky. A little goes a long way, so a bottle will last a long time. It'll tingle a bit, and the smell may get to you (it annoys the hell out of my mom, but I don't mind it), but it really works.
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #23
Ranger Soldat

Try this old Austrian Farmers Wife trick every morning...

1. Rinse your face for 1 minute with water as hot as is comfortable.

2. Rinse your face repeatedly with room temperature Apple Cider Vinegar (15-20 splashes)

3. Rinse with cold water...

4. Pat dry with a fresh new clean towel each day...

5. Go without makeup whenever you can.

It really works! Try it for two weeks then let me know.

~RS
Ranger Soldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #24
Lucifenia
Lucifenia

Don't use bleaches like benzoyl peroxide. It's horrible for your skin and strips your skin of it's natural oils. Your natural oils are there to keep your skin nice, youthful and healthy.
FYI, I have had acne since I was 10 and it got really bad around 12. At the moment (I'm currently 15, so I've had acne for 5 years), it's so-so at the moment, flaring up every now and then.

But my acne has improved heaps since I've started using lemon juice. (And I'll just mention, I've been taking an antibiotic and using a night cream for my acne, too, before this - but it has not had much of a dramatic effect as the lemon juice.)

Fresh, squeezed lemon juice applied to a cotton bud and dabbed all over your face is the best method. Sometimes straight lemon juice is way too strong, so if you find that your face stings horribly/you get a bit of a rash, maybe try watering it down a bit to make it weaker. Lemon juice is also great for acne scarring. I have heaps of scarring around my jaw and it's improved quite a bit since I've started using it.

By the way, acne can actually be triggered by either really dry skin (which can be a result of using bleaches) or very oily skin (which... is... yeah. Hormones).
I have combination skin (both dry/oily), so I can't use a normal moisturiser to keep it from being dry, because it'll make my skin break out. Therefore, I use a special natural acne moisturiser from the brand MooGoo.

MooGoo is a really good brand of skincare products which I recommend. I use the Acne Cleansing Cream (which is also a moisturiser). I find it doesn't give me breakouts and helps keep my skin nice and moist.
Another product I use is Sukin, (another natural brand) which I just use for face wash. They have a lot of different kinds of face washes/face scrubs available, so I can't recommend as you'll need to try them on your own if you want to. Sorry.

I can't guarantee my methods or recommendations will work, because everyone is different. Trust me, I have tried Pro Activ, Neutrogena, Clearasil, etc. None have worked effectively for me.

Keeping good hygiene can help, too. Washing your face 2-3 times a day with a face wash can help tone it down a little.

Maybe your acne may be related to your diet, as well? I'm not necessarily saying that you eat like a pig, but sometimes your body may not be able to handle certain foods very well (such as dairy, gluten, etc.) which results in it having trouble trying to excrete it as waste and may result in it building up and excreting it as waste through your skin. Maybe try to cut back on gluten and dairy products and see how it goes.

If anything, I don't recommend you going on the pill for acne control because it can actually make it worse in the long run. People who take the pill and then stop can get horrible cystic acne as a side effect of your hormones being screwed with. Seriously, you can Google it yourself.

Another reason why I don't recommend bleaching face products is because it's really, really not good for your health. Everything you put on your skin, your skin will soak up. That means it can cause a lot more damage to your insides as well.
Not saying that you can't try it. If your skin is literally the son of the devil and will not give in to any attempt then you could give it a go.

But be aware acne is pretty natural. Most of the time it's a hereditary thing so you can't really help it. Almost everyone gets acne, and it usually goes away by the time you're an adult. Yeah, I know it sucks - trust me, I've been bullied all throughout primary school for it and I'm extremely self-conscious of myself because of it! But just remember you aren't alone and there are millions of different things you can try to try and make it go away.

By the way, if your skin is actually oily, think of it as a good thing. Having oily skin means you won't get as many wrinkles when you're older.
Lucifenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #25
hikarigirl13
Hika-chan

I have very oily skin and I break out randomly every once in a while. I use ProActiv on a daily basis, but I want my skin to feel soft/look cleaner in just a few minutes, I do a coffee mask.

Make coffee in a coffee maker and take out the grounds. Put them in a bowl and mix in 5 teaspoons of cream and 5 teaspoons of sugar. Use a silicon brush to apply it to your face and scrub it in for about five minutes. Rinse off with water (don't try to rinse it off with a wet rag, that will just smear it around) When you're done run an ice cube over your skin.

I do this maybe once or twice a week since my skin is very oily.

Next Con: SacAnime Summer 2014*maybe*

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
-Dr. Seuss

DeviantART: http://hikarigirl13.deviantart.com/
hikarigirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
Zombieki11er
Zombie Response Team

I've had and still have some moderately bad acne and thanks to my genes, I also get some on my body. I've used many different products and a few different medications and I really don't feel like going through all of them, but I will say that pills don't work as well, some medication recommended by doctors are too expensive and work just as well as others that are far cheaper. If you decide to use some products make sure to be religious about it. Some people stop using certain products because they don't notice the changes happening soon enough, but the effects of those products just hadn't taken hold yet.

Aside from products, there are a few things that work for me that you can easily do without any products. First is washing your face twice a day. Face soap and water in the morning, wash rag at night. After doing something active, cleaning your face afterwards helps a lot. Avoid touching your face excessively, as said before. If your face gets itchy, scratch it, but whatever you do, DO NOT pop acne. Popping acne can and will make acne worse. It has also been proven that popping acne can even be dangerous. If you do happen to pop a pimple for whatever reason, make sure to disinfect, or else it will spread.

Hope this helps! =D

Last edited by Zombieki11er : 07-20-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Clarification
Zombieki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #27
megmeg

I was just wondering, will these methods also work on my back? I don't get that much acne on my face, but I get painful pimples on my upper back/shoulder blade area. I scratch my back a lot which has resulted in many scabs and scars from the pimples. Do you think these remedies would work aside from on the face?
megmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #28
Zombieki11er
Zombie Response Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by megmeg View Post
I was just wondering, will these methods also work on my back? I don't get that much acne on my face, but I get painful pimples on my upper back/shoulder blade area. I scratch my back a lot which has resulted in many scabs and scars from the pimples. Do you think these remedies would work aside from on the face?
I have a very similar problem. I also tend to scratch at and pop some of them on my back, which I am trying to stop. I have found it difficult to apply some products to my back and I find it very annoying even trying it. For a while now I have not really put any remedies on my back, but what I have done that really works well is taking a wash cloth or small towel, applying soap to it and scrubbing my back in the shower. Apparently, from what I am told by family members, it seems to be getting better because of it. I'd say give it a shot, be religious about it and check out the results after about a month of it. Plus follow what I said about refraining from popping acne, excessive touching, which can apply to your back as well.

Also, my doctor once told me that getting a little sunlight on my back can help lessen pimples as well. So, maybe try getting a little bit of sun on you back as well whenever you can. Careful not to get too much though

Hope this helps =D

Last edited by Zombieki11er : 07-21-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Mah grammer
Zombieki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #29
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by building227 View Post
you guys advice is all wrong for getting rid of acne. If you want to get rid of acne, Take 50 milligrams of zinc, avoid milk and cheese, and use the astringent/toner product "thayer's witch hazel" (10 bucks at GNC) - you want to balance the ph in your skin! Also rubbing alcohol dries up a zit. but if its a pusser, you have to squeeze all the puss out of it first... then apply the alcohol. also equal amounts of apple cidar vinegar and water will help. Just wet your face and dump the solution into your hands and splash it on and rub it around. then rinse it off. this will bring the ph balance back to your skin too. and wiping with hyrdrogen peroxide (on the skin) will help bring all the impurities to the surface and will soften your skin. Don't believe the lie the medical field pushes claiming that hydrogen peroxide dries out the skin. IT DOESN'T! it helps it! oh and using the juice of an organic lemon on your face will help clean the surface of the face too.
I don't know if you're a troll or just stupidly misinformed. Yes, witch hazel is great for acne, and yes rubbing alcohol will dry out your skin, but it will over dry, which will just make you skin make more oil to compensate. Zits shouldn't be popped unless they're already about to burst and you're super clean and careful about it. And Hydrogen peroxide? Don't put that shit on your skin. It's not so much that it dies your skin as it's such a powerful oxidizing agent that it dissolves biological matter. This makes it very good at cleaning dirt and blood out of open wounds...but also at damaging cells. It's not a lie propagated by the medical field, it's a well-documented fact in the fields of biology, chemistry, and medicine.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #30
packingabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by building227 View Post
Actually, a lot of these suggestions were already mentioned, without sounding like the ad that you ignore on the side of the page. And it's not that good to squeeze pus out of a zit (even though I have a tendency to do it). It's hard to tell the line between squeezing pus and breaking skin, and 8 times out of 10, you'll end up with a bloody hole on you face.

Something I do that my mom taught me-try putting a dab of white toothpaste onto the zit overnight. If you do end up squeezing it and go too far, there are these little chalk sticks intended for when a guy nicks his chin or cheek while shaving. Wet, and apply.
packingabox is offline   Reply With Quote