Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 06-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Emcee_Junes

Contact Help

Hi!

I'm trying to find a pair of yellow-ish eye contacts. My real question, or request or whatever is; can anyone tell me about these contacts?

https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Vassen...plus-brown.htm

http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...act-lenses.cfm

http://www.pinkyparadise.com/GEO-Ani.../a13-cp-f2.htm

https://www.pinkyparadise.com/Wonder...ndereye-br.htm

https://www.pinkyparadise.com/EOS-Do...-v209lb-br.htm

Thank you!
Emcee_Junes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcee_Junes View Post
Hi!

I'm trying to find a pair of yellow-ish eye contacts. My real question, or request or whatever is; can anyone tell me about these contacts?
Your question is rather general - What do you want to know about them? Comfort? How they will look? Something else?

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
Hi!

Thank you!
I've worn Dolly+. Relatively comfy, not much enlarging, good color. I have hazel eyes (green with brown central heterochromia), so whatever is on an Asian model will usually translate to my eyes.

I know people like EOS, I plan to buy some pink EOS lenses but haven't as of yet. To get yellow, I highly recommend the EOS Dolly Eye Brown because they are pretty much yellow and my first pick for another cosplay I never got around to doing. I also highly recommend PinkyParadise because I always order from them. The EOS Dolly Eye have been rated as comfortable by bloggers. You can always Google the names/colors of specific lenses and get reviews.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Emcee_Junes

I'm wondering how they'd look on darker eyes or specifically brown, and thank you for replying! It really helped. I guess I should have done latter before posting. The pages don't have too much information or pictures, so I was really hoping to hear some first hand experiences or advice.
Emcee_Junes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Here is some reference stuff I dug up on google. There is a ton out there so keep looking if these do not answer your questions.

1.) Video review of Dolly Plus Brown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukbit5sSES0

2.) The Avatar lenses will look pretty much like that because it is an opaque lens and will cover any eye color (I would not personally pick these lenses, here is an IRL pic someone shared.

3.) I would not personally pick the plain yellow lens either here is a sample pic)

4.) Geo lenses tend to blend with your natural eye color to create the effect. As such, any lens from the WonderEye series I have tried looked quite different from their stock images. In this case, brown actually looks more brown than gold to me. Here is someone's pics of their lenses.

5.) Dolly Eye Brown are noticeable and pretty bold. Not a good choice if you want a natural pattern but these get noticed. Here is my photo review of them.

6.) You did not mention this style, but Princess Pinky Twilight Brown lenses are also a good choice for noticeably gold eyes with a slightly more intricate pattern than the Dolly Eye Brown lenses.

Between Dolly Plus and Dolly Eye, it depends on whether you want a bigger pupil hole or not. They will deliver the same color. The Avatar and plain yellow lenses do not have a limbal ring [which helps set the iris apart from the rest of your eye] so the yellow loses emphasis. Personally, I would pick one of the Dolly styles you chose or Princess Pinky lenses because they will not look so weird but maybe the character needs to look strange?

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

Quote:
I'm wondering how they'd look on darker eyes or specifically brown, and thank you for replying! It really helped. I guess I should have done latter before posting. The pages don't have too much information or pictures, so I was really hoping to hear some first hand experiences or advice.
I always prefer to check for a model photo or "real life" photo in good lighting. PinkyParadise only has one light-eyed model (frankly, her picture on lenses I'm interested in is frustrating) but most use their Asian models, which is helpful because I think, more often than not, girls/guys with darker eyes wear circle lenses. The Asian models have brown eyes, so its pretty obvious how a color will turn out on hazel-green/straight hazel and brown eyes! Always check the real life photos, unless the link is broken.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote