Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
MisakiPhantom84

Help for a desparate teen?

Okay~ So I'm 15 1/2 yrs old and 187.4 lbs. I am super busy.

I am in a huge dilemma.

My school does not give the nutritional information(calories per servings,etc.) its not very tasty either. Students are allowed to bring food, but are not allowed to heat up food or leave campus. So what can I bring as a meal, for lunch, that can last until 1:30pm?

I am taking 3 honors classes, in 4 clubs, band(concert, marching, basketball pep, hopefully jazz and district honor), and I've signed up for drama. It takes super dedication.

I have back aches due to my weight and I am ready to get rid of that.

I cannot run(like my fastest run, is an average person's slow jog. I can't go more than 5 minutes without chest pain either.)

I don't have a bike, and I don't go swimming that much either...(I'm lame ^_-)

I am determined to make this work... whether it mean I wake up earlier or remove a club.

Here is what I need:
-Recipes that last from 6:00am-1:30pm (that do not require a microwave)
-Exercises (beginner)
-Basic information (I still don't understand)
- and a way to keep motivated..

I'm ashamed with my weight and hate the feeling of all eyes on you. Especially when someone sees my stretchmarks (working on getting rid of those too)... If you can help in anyway, please do.
MisakiPhantom84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
MisakiPhantom84

Sorry that was the basic run down, but my computer messed up when I first typed it out..
MisakiPhantom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Do you have a refrigerator at your house? If so I would suggest getting an ice pack so you can bring perishable foods to school to eat.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: base patterns done. 5% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Bovice

4 clubs? This video may be something of interest to you, even if you're not specifically applying it to training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_jpiS_T7Y

As far starter exercise, just start out by taking your ipod with you and going on a walk every day
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
Dictamnus Albus
visionary

when i was back in school, i never liked eating that crud, or sandwiches that looked nasty from being in a bag all day,
so i eventualy came to be a one meal a day person, dinner only

you could pack sandwich ingredients and carry a bread box so it dont get messed up

subs hold up decently,even in a thermo bag w/ icepack,
just dont add "sauces" til your ready to eat, meat will hold up, but cheese and veggies may dry or wilt a lil, also dont bag or pack food that is still hot from cooking, it makes it wet even slimey,
perpare food cool it on a paperplate in your fridge then pack it once cooled

exercise elludes me cause i cant stand not having an instant gratification,
getting fit, or shopping might be good enough for some, not me.
however, raking out the build up of dead grass in my yard is good for the back and arms

for me, walking is best barefoot, with hills, in grass, it help your stride and form,
examine the way your feet hit the ground, if your heel first, your going to ache alot sooner

im also hoping losing fat and "toning" muscles will help stretchmarks,
i got em on the inside of my arms, elbow to pits, and vertically across my stomach

im sure allot of people will suggest yoga too, which should help with some muscle aches
Dictamnus Albus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Mistes
Crystalstarrlight

Now I haven't tried a lot of the things out there, but I'll note a few things I've learned.

Not all calories are made the same: try and avoid processed food.

I haven't tried the raw food diet, but you will at least be healthy because of it, which is a great start. Try and avoid added sugars too- you can eat fruit that has it naturally within it. If you have a blender, smash up some fruits from some online fruit smoothie recipes without added sugar (random link: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recip...othie-recipes/) You can use an opaque water bottle if you don't want people asking about what concoction you're drinking.

Also, protein is essential. here are some foods you can eat to help curb the diet a little: (http://www.healthaliciousness.com/ar...in-protein.php)

I was looking at the video dude posted earlier. Here's a video where the tips are what I would say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lozkwiyVefw

chew on some veggies, keep a pack of them around. If someone decides to ask why you're eating fruit instead of chips, you're going to be 10x healthier than that person and maybe more fit.

Give it a couple/few months- I'd try and slowly ease into it but after you've eased in, don't back out at all, and don't have off days where you just consume chips and cola.

If you're worried about colleges looking at more clubs and things you as a student are in, you can message me and I can help you out as you begin looking into what colleges want.
Mistes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
Bovice

Hadn't seen that vid yet. Good stuff.

His Strength camp gym is about a mile from my house. I need to go pay a visit.
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
kimchea

I feel ya, girl. Back in high school was when I started my extreme change, and the cafeteria food did not have any 'healthy'.

Try a low carb diet, where you can only have a serving of wheat food in the morning and eat nothing else but meat and veggies/fruits for lunch, snacks, and dinner. Also Cut out soda and juice, even 100% juice, just water. And when I mean a serving I mean just 2 slices of toast, or a roll, brown rice, or a small bowl of cereal. You get the drill. What you want to do is still get your amount of intake of carbs, but you want to burn that off by the end of the day. Also you need to boost your metabolic system, by having 4-5 small meals a day. Make sure portion yourself and stay true. And no more processed food and stay away from anything 'white' (like white bread, white rice, etc.)

For lunch, I used to always have a naked sandwich to bring to school. Pre-cooked chicken breast (4 oz) with real cheese (none of that processed single packed cheese), tomato, cucumber, with light mayo and honey mustard between the cheese and chicken, wrapped in roman lettuce. No carbs to ruin your diet, plus It'll stay fresh until lunch time. Feel free to change the meat, cheese, and veggies to your liking.

If you ever have a craving to eat when you already finish your meal plan, try drinking a glass of water. If you think that won't satisfy you, try having some sparkling water (any flavor you like) on the side and drink a cup or two. Bubbly water that's like soda with natural flavor and it does the trick.

In my opinion, I don't usually worry about how much I weigh but more on how I look and feel. Muscle is more dense than fat and the faster way to burn fat is to increase your gain on muscle. Don't worry, you won't get 'big' like Dwayne Johnson. In order to do that you have to have less to zero body fat. So instead of running every single day, shorten that to running 2-3 times a week. What you want to do is squats, lunges, push ups, crunches, bicycle crunches and triceps curls. Just some basic and good workout without having to go to the gym. Try each of them out first and do them until you can't do anymore. DO NOT stop because you're tired, stop until you intensely feel the so call "burn". This is usually your limit and what you do with that limit is times each workout by 3. For example if you can only do 30 squats, you give yourself a 10- 20 second break and start another 30 sets of squats. Then repeat it again for the last time. That whole workout should be about 30 to 45 minutes long and, trust me, you will feel the burn. In a good way

Motivation - take picture! Take a picture of your progress each week, you'll be surprise of the difference you see looking back at them. Also DON'T tell anyone that your on a diet/working out. They'll notice the change and the compliments will motivate you. Lastly. You're perfect the way you are and remember to love yourself, and if you want to lose a couple pounds and feel healthy then that okay too.

Hope I helped you there, hun. And Good luck. I'll be cheering for ya.
kimchea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #9
cosplay_luvur

As a starter I would really recommend seeing a doctor about your back pains, it could be more serious than it feels, I don't want to give information you already know but it would be a good start.

On another note, I would look up certain diets that can help pertain to your weight. Like Mistes said it isn't completely calories that is the problem.

Processed foods lose a lot of nutrients that are essential through the manufacturing process, which means that you are eating calories that has no nutrition to back it up. Not only do they lose nutrients but chemicals are added to the processed food, such as nitrates and food chemicals.

You need some fat in your diet to stay healthy — it also helps keep you feeling full — but you don't want to eat too much of it. Fat is found in butter, oils, cheese, nuts, and meats. Some higher-fat lunch foods include french fries, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese, and chicken nuggets. Don't be afraid to eat these, but always watch portion sizes!

Speaking of portion sizes, every food as a con its always there. Sometimes I wonder if scientists even know what they're talking about. But rather than the food you eat, it could also be the portions you are served. Food is food bad or good, but you should never eat to much of anything.

If you like to snack here and there make sure you are not snacking on junk food!

Try to keep a "balanced plate" some grains, some fruits, some vegetables, some meat or protein foods, and some dairy foods such as milk and cheese.

And I CANNOT stress this enough find real life support from friends and family especially your parents. Let them know how you feel and what you are trying to accomplish, this can easily help you by having your dad walk with you daily and having your mom cut down on junk food and buy more healthier foods such as fruits and veggies. Or remove junk foods and things such as soda from your house completely. This will avoid any temptations you may have, but remember it isn't always good to avoid junk food.

You should treat yourself every once in a while.

Hopefully I helped you understand some things but the two most important things to do are:

1) Tell your parents about your problems and help come up with a plan to help you get what you want
2) Make an appointment to the doctor, he can also be very helpful by providing even more information on healthier diets and great exercises. It would also be wise to make sure that your back is ok, the longer you wait the worse it could get!

Last edited by cosplay_luvur : 06-28-2013 at 05:12 AM.
cosplay_luvur is offline   Reply With Quote