Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Unread 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
dandylion360

Cosplaying Alone???

Does anyone ever go to cons on their own? If you do what sort of experience do you have? I have a few none cosplaying friends who are willing to come with but they dont even wanna stay the whole day never mind the whole weekend. I don't know if I would be better going one day with them and one on my own and try and make some friends anf photoshoots and such. I also feel like i could be much more confident if they weren't around. Good idea or not???
dandylion360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
KiraHive6
Vocaloidfan4eva

going with them one day and you the next day on your own, sounds like a good idea. When i go to con's everyone is really nice, and you tend to make a lot of new friends, i once brought a non-cosplayer to a con and I felt a bit silly because I was used to this, and she wasn't, but she didn't really comment, but I think she felt left out since everyone wanted a photo of my other friends cosplaying Hatsune Miku and me cosplay Gumi. Overall that is a good idea and whether u decide 2 do it or not is up to u! But good luck whit whatever you choose!! XD
KiraHive6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
Isikaru

I used to go to most cons by myself,, but I have found some friends through said cons and/or forums and other things and now couldn't be alone for long even if I wanted to. XD' It's much funner being around the right people. Alone is good too if you're a confident person and like to go by your own schedule. As for your friends...if they don't really want to go in the first place, they may just drag you down. I guess I'd say go with them for a bit and if they act like rude, bored douches then split ASAP.
Isikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2014, 11:04 PM   #4
Agoraphobia

The first con I went to, I went by myself. Next time I go, I'll fight to get my friends to go. It will improve your experience with the comic co and they get to experience it too, e.g. you can fangirl aloud, rather than in your head, plus they're very practical. You can pass them your bags to pose for pictures, if you're cosplaying or taking a picture with another cosplayer, and not have to worry about it being stolen or lost. Plus, I felt very drained and withdrawn by about 4pm so I went home early, rather than go to a panel - something I would not have felt if I went with some friends.

Cosplays In Progress:
Poison Ivy (Original Design) - DC Comics - MCM Comic Con, October 2014
Ruby Rose (w/ Cresent Rose) - RWBY - MCM Comic Con, May 2015
Agoraphobia is offline   Reply With Quote