Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
palmtoptiger
Yuki Inuzuka

Naruto skit ideas please!

I have major writer's block and need ideas for a Naruto skit. Not a whole script (unless you want to), just a sentence with a main idea please! ^3^

Characters don't matter but Shippuden Sasuke and Naru should definitely be included
Yaoi is good but nothing that wouldn`t be accepted in a cosplay contest
PLEASE make it funny >o<

Thank you sooooo much if you help out!!

palmtoptiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

of the top of my head. for funny
1. ninjas that don't actually use steath and just wear bright colored clothing.

2. use the substitution log they use in the show to avoid attacks. joke about how do you carry these things, if your looking for yoai then use the sub the log in for the kiss and make out with the log.

3. bitch about anther character. or one character starts on stage complains about the other the 2nd character comes in behind them and stands there listening then taps them on the sholder.

4. get stuck in a loop using catchphrases.
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
palmtoptiger
Yuki Inuzuka

Thanks so much ^_^ those are good ideas
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

I do Naruto Skits myself, but they are for Youtube and not masquerade.
I have about 30+ ideas down.. And about 8 scripts written up.
I can't really help, since those are my ideas.. but I could give you tips.

If you like yaoi, don't just target yaoi. Target things everyone will like. Also, a continuous series of video's that focuses on a certain crack pairing can be a gag in itself. (I don't want to reveal all the ones I hint at.. xD) Oh and I also like to shoot down the big 3 with humor and again continuous gags. (NaruSaku, NaruHina, SasuSaku) Because we all know those pairings are flawed and one sided. (I hint at them sometimes though.. But they must eventually be shot down. Relationships like the big 3 are ridiculous. xD)

But just look at the series and exaggerate it.. make it your own.
Make sure each character has their own personality. Since it is comedy and only a short performance, you don't really have time to build character.. Make it interesting.
One easy way to do this is making the characters stereotypes of their own, or what they might do/act like in the real life. Or how you perceive them. Sometime to surprise the viewers. (just please, PLEASE don't do an obnoxious Naruto/Sakura. Unless you are doing first series Sakura/Naruto.. It is completely out of character. I am fine with making Naruto an airhead sometimes, though)
If you are short on ideas, try watching comedy anime or maybe even cartoons. Those are always interesting. Standup comedy may also help as well as getting ideas from your real life and borrowing some doujinshi concepts.
Lastly, a surprise ending is always the way to go. Stay away from cliches and mainstream things as much as possible.

This is all just little tips I do and all my opinion. You don't have to follow it if you don't want. Sorry I don't have any advice relating to directly masquerades.
Have fun !
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15

Last edited by Suuki : 06-29-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
palmtoptiger
Yuki Inuzuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
I do Naruto Skits myself, but they are for Youtube and not masquerade.
I have about 30+ ideas down.. And about 8 scripts written up.
I can't really help, since those are my ideas.. but I could give you tips.

If you like yaoi, don't just target yaoi. Target things everyone will like. Also, a continuous series of video's that focuses on a certain crack pairing can be a gag in itself. (I don't want to reveal all the ones I hint at.. xD) Oh and I also like to shoot down the big 3 with humor and again continuous gags. (NaruSaku, NaruHina, SasuSaku) Because we all know those pairings are flawed and one sided. (I hint at them sometimes though.. But they must eventually be shot down. Relationships like the big 3 are ridiculous. xD)

But just look at the series and exaggerate it.. make it your own.
Make sure each character has their own personality. Since it is comedy and only a short performance, you don't really have time to build character.. Make it interesting.
One easy way to do this is making the characters stereotypes of their own, or what they might do/act like in the real life. Or how you perceive them. Sometime to surprise the viewers. (just please, PLEASE don't do an obnoxious Naruto/Sakura. Unless you are doing first series Sakura/Naruto.. It is completely out of character. I am fine with making Naruto an airhead sometimes, though)
If you are short on ideas, try watching comedy anime or maybe even cartoons. Those are always interesting. Standup comedy may also help as well as getting ideas from your real life and borrowing some doujinshi concepts.
Lastly, a surprise ending is always the way to go. Stay away from cliches and mainstream things as much as possible.

This is all just little tips I do and all my opinion. You don't have to follow it if you don't want. Sorry I don't have any advice relating to directly masquerades.
Have fun !

Wow, thank you so much! That helps a lot ^_^
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
coraxsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtoptiger View Post
I have major writer's block and need ideas for a Naruto skit. Not a whole script (unless you want to), just a sentence with a main idea please! ^3^

Characters don't matter but Shippuden Sasuke and Naru should definitely be included
Yaoi is good but nothing that wouldn`t be accepted in a cosplay contest
PLEASE make it funny >o<

Thank you sooooo much if you help out!!

I always had an idea of demonstrating the log replacement. Being chased by fangirls? LOG! Akatsuki about to capture you? LOG! Awkward yaoi moment? LOG! And of course, the 'background ninja' with isnt really supposed to be noticed is always best when played by thw all to noticable Lee. oh! Let me know if your skit has room for a Konan. I'm always willing to help in skits.
coraxsa is offline   Reply With Quote