Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #61
Chryso

ImNewHere, if you love it don't stop. You made a very broad generalisation towards females, but every single one is different, just like males and all genders between and non genders. We're all people. I am female and I think a guy rocking a dress is hot. My boyfriend had a lot of trouble "coming out" to me about his crossdressing (it took nearly eighteen months) and it turns out I was already more than accepting - I embrace and celebrate it. We're both crossplaying to the next convention. Maybe he was just lucky (and so was I) but I know plenty of crossplayers in relationships. You say they only like it at conventions not irl? Well those people believe it or not do exist as normal people when they leave conventions and can carry that interest over. A person who goes to conventions and accepts crossplay is more likely to accept it in irl - and I suggest that finding someone who is into conventions is the way to go if you want to keep crossdressing. I met my boyfriend at a convention, all our mutual friends are cosplayers and we eventually hooked up because of the common theme of cosplay (and alcohol but let's not go there :P)

Chibi, my boyfriend is like my best friend. We have 80% of interests in common and we started out as friends. We talk about everything. We can lie in bed at night talking about cartoons and the universe and games and our fears and make dumb jokes and who knows what else - instead of sex. All of my previous relationships have started out as friendships and still remain so today except maybe one. It's easier because we are probably friends because we have lots of interests and attitudes in common. No one is ''meant" to be anything, you will never know until the right one comes and the only way to do that is try. Didn't work out? Try again. The ones who have the attitude that they believe they should be alone will almost inevitably end up that way.

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 07-31-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #62
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewHere View Post
Girls don't like crossplayers IRL.
No need to toss everyone under one assumption. My girlfriend approves an encourages it since she likes it both at and outside the convention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
I take this guys advice and COMPLETELY IGNORE IT.

NEVER EVER DATE FRIENDS BECAUSE THATS ALL WHAT THEY WILL VIEW YOU AS. A FRIEND.

Some people are just meant to be alone and you have to accept that.
You're the last person that needs to be offering relationship advice. Kelley's advise is sound, as it always is anyway. Wise words to follow.

Last edited by Eau de Decus : 07-31-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Chryso

Hey Kelley I understand and like the idea of how you identify your own relationships. It actually makes a lot of sense to me.

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 07-31-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #64
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyVinylAres View Post
This is the universe's way of saving you time and heartbreak by alerting you to stay FAR FAR away from these girls. The right partner for anyone takes joy in who they are now, not the imaginary person they'd be if they changed tons of stuff.
Yes, this times a million. I know it sucks the bag of proverbial dicks to hear this all the time, but if you wait and don't let your standards drop, you will find someone who loves and accepts you for being you, and you will find that being in a relationship with that person is the easiest thing in the world, and actually brings you a great deal of joy. Believe me, I'd about given up on finding someone too, and that is when I met my current significant other, who is amazing and accepts me the way I am. It's so much better that way.

Love will find you when you're not looking for it, sorry for sounding cheesy, but it's the truth.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #65
ChibiDannimon

You have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding a girl that likes crossplaying guys.

2014 Cosplays

Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #66
PolyVinylAres
Friendship is Plastic

Quote:
You have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding a girl that likes crossplaying guys.
Then all I can say is I need to be buying more lottery tickets. Heck, I just posted pictures of my girlfriend and I as maids together to my profile.

I'm really a pretty ordinary guy, just wearing my crossplays with pride, confidence, and good humor. If I can connect with such wonderful ladies, I believe anyone can.

*-*-* Beards and skirts, we're making it work! *-*-*
PolyVinylAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #67
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Then all I can say is I need to be buying more lottery tickets.
That's exactly what I was thinking!

I must admit, I'm a bit jealous of all of you with significant others who are at least okay with your crossplaying. My hubby hates it when I crossplay because I hide my boobs. He's never told me to stop, but when I can see the discomfort when he looks at me, it makes me not want to do it as much. I'm torn. I want to crossplay more, but I hate seeing that look on his face.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #68
ImNewHere
The new guy.

Quote:
I am beginning to think I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a girl. Period.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #69
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewHere View Post
I am beginning to think I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a girl. Period.
*Yoda voice*
And that... Is why you fail.

No, like I'm serious. You aren't going to find someone actively looking like that. Take the good advice being given in this thread, and quite frankly, stop feeling so sorry for yourself. I get it, being single sucks, but dwelling on it makes it suck more. Believe me. You'll never be happy in a relationship until you're happy single, because you have to be able to be happy with yourself in order to be happy with someone else.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #70
belligerent
Viking Metal

I'm not sure what makes some people in this thread think they're entitled to "finding a girl," especially if all they're going to do is whine about it.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #71
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Then all I can say is I need to be buying more lottery tickets.
No kidding. I never gamble, but if that's the case, my girlfriend and I better start playing.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #72
ChibiDannimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I'm not sure what makes some people in this thread think they're entitled to "finding a girl," especially if all they're going to do is whine about it.
Why dont you just tell them to GO KILL YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDESERVING OF LOVE.

Thats what people always do to me.

2014 Cosplays

Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #73
Chryso

Dear ChibiDannimon,
Please try to relax and calm down. Here is a fluffy bunny. Isn't it adorable? http://s2.favim.com/orig/32/animal-b...com-251063.jpg

I hope you cheer up soon. I hope you figure out soon that all you're doing is only making things worse for yourself by being so negative and volatile. I hope you realise you're just upsetting people who might have considered being your friend - people who not only accept but embrace cosplay AND crossplay.

If cosplay is getting you down so much, maybe you should take a break and do something you find you really do enjoy. Surely your town has a club for anime? Games? Some kind of sport? Or maybe you could take a very long walk and not think about anything, just walk and look at what's around you instead.

You've gotten stuck in a black hole of negativity, and you'll only get deeper the more you accept it and feed it with negativity and don't fight to get out of it. The only person now who can finish climbing all the way out is you. Otherwise I may resort to responding to your borderline trolling with pictures of fluffy animals in an effort to cheer you up. Because from here if you're not going to listen to good advice then that's as much as I can do, the rest is up to you.

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 08-01-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #74
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Why dont you just tell them to GO KILL YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDESERVING OF LOVE.

Thats what people always do to me.
I think you need to take a step back and work on loving yourself first.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #75
ImNewHere
The new guy.

I already stopped looking, because doing the same thing over and over for 20 years and expecting a different result got me nowhere. I'm not going to be the creeper who keeps at it, so i may seem distant or standoffish. I know I am not entitled to a girl, fate has made that more than abundantly clear, but then again the only thing we are entitled to is an eventual death. The few relationships I've had were set up by others. Also, you've probably seen me at a con, selling dvds while crossplaying and taking pictures, so you can look at me and see why I'm no prize. Yep, 37 in less than a month, so not a chance of finding a girl at a con. I complain, but I've stopped trying because doing the same thing and expecting a different result is insane.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.

Last edited by ImNewHere : 08-01-2013 at 10:28 PM.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote