Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #61
Chryso
Registered User
 
Chryso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 153
ImNewHere, if you love it don't stop. You made a very broad generalisation towards females, but every single one is different, just like males and all genders between and non genders. We're all people. I am female and I think a guy rocking a dress is hot. My boyfriend had a lot of trouble "coming out" to me about his crossdressing (it took nearly eighteen months) and it turns out I was already more than accepting - I embrace and celebrate it. We're both crossplaying to the next convention. Maybe he was just lucky (and so was I) but I know plenty of crossplayers in relationships. You say they only like it at conventions not irl? Well those people believe it or not do exist as normal people when they leave conventions and can carry that interest over. A person who goes to conventions and accepts crossplay is more likely to accept it in irl - and I suggest that finding someone who is into conventions is the way to go if you want to keep crossdressing. I met my boyfriend at a convention, all our mutual friends are cosplayers and we eventually hooked up because of the common theme of cosplay (and alcohol but let's not go there :P)

Chibi, my boyfriend is like my best friend. We have 80% of interests in common and we started out as friends. We talk about everything. We can lie in bed at night talking about cartoons and the universe and games and our fears and make dumb jokes and who knows what else - instead of sex. All of my previous relationships have started out as friendships and still remain so today except maybe one. It's easier because we are probably friends because we have lots of interests and attitudes in common. No one is ''meant" to be anything, you will never know until the right one comes and the only way to do that is try. Didn't work out? Try again. The ones who have the attitude that they believe they should be alone will almost inevitably end up that way.
__________________
Facebook
Deviantart

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 07-31-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #62
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self
 
Eau de Decus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewHere View Post
Girls don't like crossplayers IRL.
No need to toss everyone under one assumption. My girlfriend approves an encourages it since she likes it both at and outside the convention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
I take this guys advice and COMPLETELY IGNORE IT.

NEVER EVER DATE FRIENDS BECAUSE THATS ALL WHAT THEY WILL VIEW YOU AS. A FRIEND.

Some people are just meant to be alone and you have to accept that.
You're the last person that needs to be offering relationship advice. Kelley's advise is sound, as it always is anyway. Wise words to follow.

Last edited by Eau de Decus : 07-31-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Chryso
Registered User
 
Chryso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 153
Hey Kelley I understand and like the idea of how you identify your own relationships. It actually makes a lot of sense to me.
__________________
Facebook
Deviantart

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 07-31-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #64
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!
 
Yazoo_the_Kazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyVinylAres View Post
This is the universe's way of saving you time and heartbreak by alerting you to stay FAR FAR away from these girls. The right partner for anyone takes joy in who they are now, not the imaginary person they'd be if they changed tons of stuff.
Yes, this times a million. I know it sucks the bag of proverbial dicks to hear this all the time, but if you wait and don't let your standards drop, you will find someone who loves and accepts you for being you, and you will find that being in a relationship with that person is the easiest thing in the world, and actually brings you a great deal of joy. Believe me, I'd about given up on finding someone too, and that is when I met my current significant other, who is amazing and accepts me the way I am. It's so much better that way.

Love will find you when you're not looking for it, sorry for sounding cheesy, but it's the truth.
__________________
-Jen

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #65
ChibiDannimon
Registered User
 
ChibiDannimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 360
You have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding a girl that likes crossplaying guys.
__________________

2014 Cosplays


Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #66
PolyVinylAres
Friendship is Plastic
 
PolyVinylAres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
You have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding a girl that likes crossplaying guys.
Then all I can say is I need to be buying more lottery tickets. Heck, I just posted pictures of my girlfriend and I as maids together to my profile.

I'm really a pretty ordinary guy, just wearing my crossplays with pride, confidence, and good humor. If I can connect with such wonderful ladies, I believe anyone can.
__________________
Cosplay:
If it's no fun, you're doing it wrong.
If other folks are making it no fun, they're doing it wrong.

*-*-* Beards and skirts, we're making it work! *-*-*
PolyVinylAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #67
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer
 
Pirogoeth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyVinylAres View Post
Then all I can say is I need to be buying more lottery tickets.
That's exactly what I was thinking!

I must admit, I'm a bit jealous of all of you with significant others who are at least okay with your crossplaying. My hubby hates it when I crossplay because I hide my boobs. He's never told me to stop, but when I can see the discomfort when he looks at me, it makes me not want to do it as much. I'm torn. I want to crossplay more, but I hate seeing that look on his face.
__________________
Next Up: Dragon*Con 2014
Dr. Shannon Abbey, The Doctor (Post-Regeneration), SG-13 Woodland Uniform, First Doctor Bathing Suit, Harry Dresden


Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #68
ImNewHere
The new guy.
 
ImNewHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
You have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding a girl that likes crossplaying guys.
I am beginning to think I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a girl. Period.
__________________
I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the universe, and I approved this message.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #69
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!
 
Yazoo_the_Kazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewHere View Post
I am beginning to think I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a girl. Period.
*Yoda voice*
And that... Is why you fail.

No, like I'm serious. You aren't going to find someone actively looking like that. Take the good advice being given in this thread, and quite frankly, stop feeling so sorry for yourself. I get it, being single sucks, but dwelling on it makes it suck more. Believe me. You'll never be happy in a relationship until you're happy single, because you have to be able to be happy with yourself in order to be happy with someone else.
__________________
-Jen

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #70
belligerent
Viking Metal
 
belligerent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,430
I'm not sure what makes some people in this thread think they're entitled to "finding a girl," especially if all they're going to do is whine about it.
__________________
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #71
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self
 
Eau de Decus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyVinylAres View Post
Then all I can say is I need to be buying more lottery tickets.
No kidding. I never gamble, but if that's the case, my girlfriend and I better start playing.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #72
ChibiDannimon
Registered User
 
ChibiDannimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I'm not sure what makes some people in this thread think they're entitled to "finding a girl," especially if all they're going to do is whine about it.
Why dont you just tell them to GO KILL YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDESERVING OF LOVE.

Thats what people always do to me.
__________________

2014 Cosplays


Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #73
Chryso
Registered User
 
Chryso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 153
Dear ChibiDannimon,
Please try to relax and calm down. Here is a fluffy bunny. Isn't it adorable? http://s2.favim.com/orig/32/animal-b...com-251063.jpg

I hope you cheer up soon. I hope you figure out soon that all you're doing is only making things worse for yourself by being so negative and volatile. I hope you realise you're just upsetting people who might have considered being your friend - people who not only accept but embrace cosplay AND crossplay.

If cosplay is getting you down so much, maybe you should take a break and do something you find you really do enjoy. Surely your town has a club for anime? Games? Some kind of sport? Or maybe you could take a very long walk and not think about anything, just walk and look at what's around you instead.

You've gotten stuck in a black hole of negativity, and you'll only get deeper the more you accept it and feed it with negativity and don't fight to get out of it. The only person now who can finish climbing all the way out is you. Otherwise I may resort to responding to your borderline trolling with pictures of fluffy animals in an effort to cheer you up. Because from here if you're not going to listen to good advice then that's as much as I can do, the rest is up to you.
__________________
Facebook
Deviantart

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 08-01-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #74
belligerent
Viking Metal
 
belligerent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
Why dont you just tell them to GO KILL YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDESERVING OF LOVE.

Thats what people always do to me.
I think you need to take a step back and work on loving yourself first.
__________________
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #75
ImNewHere
The new guy.
 
ImNewHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 533
I already stopped looking, because doing the same thing over and over for 20 years and expecting a different result got me nowhere. I'm not going to be the creeper who keeps at it, so i may seem distant or standoffish. I know I am not entitled to a girl, fate has made that more than abundantly clear, but then again the only thing we are entitled to is an eventual death. The few relationships I've had were set up by others. Also, you've probably seen me at a con, selling dvds while crossplaying and taking pictures, so you can look at me and see why I'm no prize. Yep, 37 in less than a month, so not a chance of finding a girl at a con. I complain, but I've stopped trying because doing the same thing and expecting a different result is insane.
__________________
I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the universe, and I approved this message.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.

Last edited by ImNewHere : 08-01-2013 at 10:28 PM.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.