Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 07-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
Nidashi

Question Where to buy chest binders in sg?

So, in the summer vacation I'm going to visit Singapore with my mom and granddad, and did some reasearch on cosplay stores and stuff online. I ended up with otakuhouse and pan-in-the-box. Besides awesome cosplay and otaku stuff, I also wanted to buy a chest binder for crossplay, but when I looked at their websites I didn't see any. So I googled something like: chest binders Singapore, but all I got were online shops. So, now I'm asking you guys: Do you know any stores in Singapore (or in Kuala Lumpur, we're also staying there for about a week) that sell chest binders for crossplay?

And then, I also have a second problem. Like I said, my granddad is coming too, and because it's actually a business trip my mom will be working in the day, so my granddad will kind of babysit me. I already think it's kind of awkward, going to cosplay stores with my grandpa, but it's even more awkward going to a store to buy a chest binder with him...
It would be nice if one of my friends could accompany me, to take the pressure of a bit, but a ticket to Singapore is pretty expensive, so I don't think they can go... And, well, it's more of a feeling thing, but I also don't want my granddad to think I'm lesbian or something. The easiest way would be to explain to him that I need the binder for crossplay, but he already is against normal cosplay, so I'm kind of hesitant about that. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes or being rude, english is not my native language ^.^'
Nidashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Yumiro
Ravenmocker of the Dawn

Chest Binder shops are kind of hard to find. I searched a bit and didnt found anything , and going to singapore and buying a chest binder with your grandpa wouldnt be great as i read.
The Only way to get good ones would be Online. You could ask your mother to pay it online.
T-Kingdom has great ones , there should be a thread in the crossplay section actually.
Yumiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

Chest binders are not usually found in sg. Most order it online. I have not found any physical shops that sells it. I could take a look around if you want.

In terms of otaku and cosplay stuff, you can go to otakuhouse and PITB but their costume quality is so so to match the pricing (my taste anyway). Other places you can go is to the Shopping mall Plaza Singapura to the top floor there is this corridor full of geekery and its right beside an arcade.

For your grandfather, you can bring him into Ceasar's Palace at Plaza Singapura for a walk about first to warm him up. Its basically a shop that has replica weapons. There should be something for him there.

Oh! In Kuala Lumpur, I recommend going to Sun Comic at Plaza Sungai Wang.

Have fun in Singapore!
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote