Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
xh4llucin4tedx

Best Alcohol Activated Makeup and Where to Buy It

Hello. I've been recommended to use alcohol activated paint for tattoos for my cosplays (Trafalgar Law's arm tattoos and Jellal Fernandes' face tattoo). I'm not very familiar with cosmetic stuff so I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. What's a good reliable brand? Where can I get it from? Any tips on how to apply it?
xh4llucin4tedx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
bunnielove
BunnieLove

Ben Nye is always a good place to start. If they don't have what you're looking for, I generally avoid cosplay sites as it's a toss up as to what quality make up you'll get. The best makeup is something you could use again and has a longish shelf life. Stick to the theatrical supply stores and websites. If you have a dance/costume/theater shop in your area, go there and ask them if they have samples of different kinds of theatrical makeup. Good luck, post pics!
Asuna (SAO) -15%
Max Gibson (Batman Beyond)- 15%
Zantanna- 10%
Kirigiri Kyouko- 5%
bunnielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
xh4llucin4tedx

Thanks Bunnielove! After looking around, I managed to find very decent tattoo pens in a theatrical supply store near me. It's alcohol based makeup too like the paint versions except it's in the form of a pen so it's even easier to draw the tattoo.

For anyone else who's interested, the store I got the tattoo pens from is called Alcone in NYC. You can order on their website too: http://www.alconeco.com/
xh4llucin4tedx is offline   Reply With Quote