Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #46
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

I'm super super excited because I'm going to cosplay Rei with a couple of friends who are being Nagisa and Rin. We're doing a genderbend group, which I'm usually iffy about because I'm not big on genderbends, but I found THE MOST AMAZING SPEEDO one piece bathing suit to use for Rei. So, I bought that, and some red glasses, and next is to just get the Iwatobi swim club jacket and the wig, which I plan on styling in a sort of over-the-shoulder loose braid. q_q I'M SO PUMPED OMG. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know <3

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Mako Mankanshoku (PJs) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Credits) | Bertholdt Fubar
Geek Media Expo
Mami Tomoe | Ymir | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override)
Shadocon
Zuko | Ymir | Bertholdt Fubar | Rei Ryugazaki
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #47
CherriPetalz
waht is this

im really iffy on genderbends too because some of them that i have seen dont look like a lot of effort was put into them, however at otakon I did see one group of genderbent girls who were all wearing one piece bathing suits with the stripes painted on (and i think the rei had butterflies) and i thought that was genius and they did a great job!

i think your bathing suit is perf though uwu good luck!

Last edited by CherriPetalz : 08-14-2013 at 03:18 PM.
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #48
Yujin

Wow schmemy that swimsuit is TOO perfect ^^

I saw that group at Otakon too and am totally going to push my girl friends to do a genderbend Free! group with me. c.c;; Plus I would just walk around wearing the Iwatobi jersey whenever even though I don't do anything vaguely related to sports. 83
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #49
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Ahh thank you guys :> I'm really excited for this cosplay! Not to mention it'll be nice because I live in Florida and it is so freaking hot here haha. I really wish I could've seen that Otakon group!

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Mako Mankanshoku (PJs) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Override) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Credits) | Bertholdt Fubar
Geek Media Expo
Shadocon
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

Unread 08-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #50
JustACostume

Both my costume pieces are being shipped now. However I have to prepare to freeze since it will be at NYCC.
JustACostume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #51
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

I got the base materials for my swim outfit!Rin now. As in, a pair of leggings and a black sweatjacket. Now I just need a red textile marker and a bit of white sweater material. Made the templates to print onto the jacket as well. Sorta confused with the little Samezuka symbol in the front.. On eBay made jackets and what I've seen on others doesn't quite match up with the only clear official antwork I could find. Makes me wonder: Were the cosmakers mistaken or maybe the artwork was sloppy?
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #52
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Hey guys, I'm planning a tentative Rei cosplay in his palace guard outfit shown in the ending. Does anyone know any methods or dealing with the chest area as a girl? I don't want it to look tacky like... Just slapping on a skin-coloured shirt, etc. If there's no way around it I may have to abandon the idea but I am just so in love with the outfit and the prop that I'd love to make it.
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #53
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

If you're brave enough, you could fashion tape the edges of the shrug thing so it covers your breasts? Or, you could make it so the shrug actually fastens, I don't think anyone would really mind. Not really sure what to suggest other than that, haha

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Geek Media Expo
Shadocon
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

Unread 08-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #54
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
Hey guys, I'm planning a tentative Rei cosplay in his palace guard outfit shown in the ending. Does anyone know any methods or dealing with the chest area as a girl? I don't want it to look tacky like... Just slapping on a skin-coloured shirt, etc. If there's no way around it I may have to abandon the idea but I am just so in love with the outfit and the prop that I'd love to make it.
If your cup size isn't big you try out this tutorial:
http://abessinier.deviantart.com/art...ng-I-179918030

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #55
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Gahh I'm dying from anticipation right now, because my swimsuit and glasses have both been delivered, my wig from Arda will get there monday, and my iwatobi jacket soon after. Except, I'm out of town until the 26th. j_j I just want to go and try on all my stuff, hahaaa

Anime Weekend Atlanta
Geek Media Expo
Shadocon
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

Unread 08-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #56
JustACostume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
I'm using sports tape in a white color to match the jacket for my Nagisa, but there are nude sports tapes that could work for open shirt binding.
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #57
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
I got the base materials for my swim outfit!Rin now. As in, a pair of leggings and a black sweatjacket. Now I just need a red textile marker and a bit of white sweater material. Made the templates to print onto the jacket as well. Sorta confused with the little Samezuka symbol in the front.. On eBay made jackets and what I've seen on others doesn't quite match up with the only clear official antwork I could find. Makes me wonder: Were the cosmakers mistaken or maybe the artwork was sloppy?
Oof, I finished {url=http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3423513/]my Samezuka jacket[/url] today. Relief. uwu
Now to just paint on the pants.. with help, thank god.

....and I also finally finished my fanart version Rin, that I already have shooting pics of today. So now I pretty much need a new shooting. xD
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #58
JustACostume

My jacket came in today, I think I still need to work on my wig a bit but my last thing I need is shoes. Does anyone have ideas for that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture011.jpg (157.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg picture012.jpg (164.4 KB, 0 views)
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #59
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Question: where is everyone getting their swim jackets? I've seen several different sources and I'm curious about which ones are good quality.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #60
Yujin

I'm with Shana05; I see a bunch on eBay and while a lot of them are the same I noticed there are 2 distinct ones where one has a white zipper up the front while the other is dark blue, and then the IWATOBI type font is slightly different on the back. (Also the red little crest on the chest varies slightly, although I have yet to see one that is exactly the same as in the anime)

To those of you who bought your jersey jackets online, care to share some information? ^^
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote