Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
OpalMagpie

Searching Costumes Failing

Hello! A quick question. A little while ago I did a cosplay of Lux from the League of Legends. I've been revamping it, and wanted to search other cosplays to see how they had dealt with some parts of the outfit. However searching for the name 'Lux' or '+Lux' turns up no results, not even my own costume, even though searching through all of the League of Legends category turns several up. a few other characters from the game that I tried do not have this problem. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I forgot to add to make it turn up properly in search? Looking at costumes that do turn up, I am not able to see what I did wrong. Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give me!
OpalMagpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

The issue is that the character's name has to be at least four characters to show up in searches. At least I think that's the number - I have a few costumes with a character who has only three letters in their name or series title, and I can't search those up at all. Hopefully that can be remedied one of these days because I understand the frustration. Especially when both the character AND title are only three letters (Ico, for example).

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
OpalMagpie

Lol, well that sucks for characters with short names, guess I'll add the last name in then! Thanks for the heads up.
OpalMagpie is offline   Reply With Quote