Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 07-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
inochitoshi

MTF: Chobits' Chi Makeup Help

Hello,

So I'm a light tan (I'm about the same color as Michelle Phan from the vid) Asian male with the crazy idea to crossplay as Chi from Chobits.

I know almost nothing about make up, but I would love some suggestion on colors and such to use for this character. My own brainstorming/ research yielded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTXy7RryVo

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to make this crossplay a reality would be loved and appreciated. (if anyone can identify what color I need to get for foundation/concealer, I would love you forever)
inochitoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
ImNewHere
The new guy.

You're actually going to need to go in and get matched on the foundation. Either a performance store or a mac store would be best.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
DiabolicKei

For foundation, that has to be something you have to figure out on your own and figure how much you're willing to spend.

If you don't want to spend too much money on make up, I recommend Loreal's True Match Liquid Foundation, it has medium coverage and can double as a concealer (if your blemishes aren't too big and dark), it also has a huge variety of colors, so you're bound to find one that fits you. Since your Asian, your undertone is most likely warm tone (cool tones are more reddish, and and will definitely look out of place, so make sure it says "cool" somewhere on the label). I'd also recommend getting the powder to get rid of shine (oil) on your face and for easy and quick touch ups.
If you still need a concealer, you want to go for something a shade lighter than you're actual skin tone, if you have dark circles under your eye get one that has a salmon color to it.

Since you're just starting out with make up, I'd invest in one of the eyeshadow palette's from CoastalScents.com, they have a lot of inexpensive good quality products and you can experiment with the colors.
DiabolicKei is offline   Reply With Quote