Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 07-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
anticlockclock

Is this a fair offer for Green Ranger costume?

So I have seen full MMPR costumes go for over $500. This is the first time I have made a costume (pepakura helmet) and been working on it for over 2 months now. I recently got an offer from someone for $350. Is this a fair price? Included is a picture of the whole costume.

Unread 07-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
packingabox

I would say it's a rather fair price, since it's someone offering you a sum instead of you asking for it. However, I don't know the cost of supplies. If you are uncomfortable for selling this for 350, then by all means, hold out. It is a very nice looking cosplay. I just don't know if you'll get a higher offer than that.
Unread 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

I think its fair...the materials look really cheap.
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

This price sucks, cheap zentai base new 50 bucks used about 10 in my opinion
http://www.zentai-zentai.com/power-r...ducts-470.html

and pep helmet valued at i would say 100 dollars new used 75. I have the "high end" ones no one should buy this.
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
Kaniki

Personally I think that is a very good price for the costume and I would accept it. If it were to be custom commissioned for them then that would be different. I work with spandex quite a bit and can see a lot of love and work went into the cosplay but based off the material costs, I'd say that's a good deal on your end. :3

Unread 07-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
anticlockclock

Being my first pepakura helmet and not having any tools or supplies I easily put between $200-250 into this helmet. That includes tools, respirator, bondo, resin, fiberglass cloth, brushes, paints, etc. I will most likely accept the $350 offer - not to mention the person interested in it may be using it for a youtube video so that will be cool.

Last edited by anticlockclock : 07-13-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Picture
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticlockclock View Post
Being my first pepakura helmet and not having any tools or supplies I easily put between $200-250 into this helmet. That includes tools, respirator, bondo, resin, fiberglass cloth, brushes, paints, etc. I will most likely accept the $350 offer - not to mention the person interested in it may be using it for a youtube video so that will be cool.

Just because its your first doesnt it mean its worth that price. Aniki has all the molds (stunt cast drama cast) or there are like 5 other people who can make the helmet cheaper better and more accurate.

Please stop lying dude, the paint job is terrible and the suit is paper thin. Drop the price to 100 at the very maximum and you might get close to that.
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETSUYA_CASSHER View Post
Just because its your first doesnt it mean its worth that price. Aniki has all the molds (stunt cast drama cast) or there are like 5 other people who can make the helmet cheaper better and more accurate.

Please stop lying dude, the paint job is terrible and the suit is paper thin. Drop the price to 100 at the very maximum and you might get close to that.

There is no need to be rude about it. Most basic Marvel bodysuits, JUST the bodysuits, go for $350. So for him to ask $350 for everything, including helmet and accessories is a very fair price which covers all material costs and any bit of labor if need be.

Last edited by Mykaios : 07-13-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETSUYA_CASSHER View Post

You are being blatantly disrespectful and a little bit of an arrogant know-it-all.

That being said, $350 is an excellent price. If you are looking to sell, take it. Looking forward to seeing your future work if this is your very first go at cosplay. There are flaws, but super sentai is hard to craft, requiring skills in not only sewing but molding and casting armor as well. You'll definitely get there if you keep practicing!
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatriptron View Post
You are being blatantly disrespectful and a little bit of an arrogant know-it-all.

That being said, $350 is an excellent price. If you are looking to sell, take it. Looking forward to seeing your future work if this is your very first go at cosplay. There are flaws, but super sentai is hard to craft, requiring skills in not only sewing but molding and casting armor as well. You'll definitely get there if you keep practicing!
Well that being said hes ripping off people and hes a blatant liar. The suit he bought for like 50 dollars because it is made in some damn sweat shop in china. The helmet is cheaply made and i doubt he even made it. As for supplies most of that respirator brushes etc can be used over again if he didnt buy cheap ass crap.

I am sentai cosplayer, this kid is selling a crappy suit for a killing. Mass produced model 4 hobby masks go for 240 to 200 usd topps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosplay-Migh...o/151076396659

basically this kid is trying to scam people by jacking his crappy suit up to buy a real helmet.

This thing wont last one con, or even the transit to someone.

Spare me the lecture about being rude when someone is trying to scam people.
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post

There is no need to be rude about it. Most basic Marvel bodysuits, JUST the bodysuits, go for $350. So for him to ask $350 for everything, including helmet and accessories is a very fair price which covers all material costs and any bit of labor if need be.
Not a fair price, if hes trying to break even off his half assed attempt.

50 dollar sweat shop zentai suit that is only really worth 30 used it is about 10 dollars.

helmet hell no that thing he is selling worth at the very most 100 dollars and i am being generous.

Also why come on a forum and telling people someone offered him 350 but trying to sell it on rangerboard.com for 500.

I have tv accurate helms and they only cost 300.
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Seriously? You're not helping your arguments any. Take a deep breath and step back.

People have the right to set their prices however they see fit. You have the right to think their prices are crap. No one has said otherwise. What you do NOT have the right to do is insult him for setting his price point at a level you don't approve of.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Except he's not trying to scam anyone, someone offered that upfront. And he's clearly proud of his work, whether or not you personally feel it lacks quality.

Since he asked for an opinion it is proper to give an honest one. But in this case the question was not "What is this worth?". The question was "Am I selling myself short by giving this up for $350?"

So learn to have some tact and not berate someone else's work.
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Sabyne View Post
Seriously? You're not helping your arguments any. Take a deep breath and step back.

People have the right to set their prices however they see fit. You have the right to think their prices are crap. No one has said otherwise. What you do NOT have the right to do is insult him for setting his price point at a level you don't approve of.
Because times are tough and i dont want to see anybody lose 350 on some half assed sentai attempt when they can save and hold on a little bit longer to get some thing that is 6 or 7 times the quality and accuracy for only 100 more then is his bogus 350 offer. Because true sentai cosplayer look after one another. True sentai cosplayers don resell china sweat shop suits.

I am not rude just shining light on this crap over-priced suit. I have been into sentai cosplay for over 6 yrs, i know what its like to waste money on crap like this.

I do not feel sorry for bashing his "first attempt" because he is selling way over professional quality levels and not even amateur level.

This is not about feelings but about real reality. Someone is going to get seriously ripped off buying this at 350.
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatriptron View Post
Except he's not trying to scam anyone, someone offered that upfront. And he's clearly proud of his work, whether or not you personally feel it lacks quality.

Since he asked for an opinion it is proper to give an honest one. But in this case the question was not "What is this worth?". The question was "Am I selling myself short by giving this up for $350?"

So learn to have some tact and not berate someone else's work.
If he even made it i would show tact but he bought the whole thing out. He didn't make one part or sew one stitch.