Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
ThrowingShadows

Exclamation Join an Online Cosplay Group!

Hello, a few of my friends and I decided to start up an online cosplay group, and we are currently looking for new members! As of right now we only do Homestuck but plan on expanding in the future!
A few things you might want to know:

What is an online cosplay group?
Just what it sounds like! We all will be video chatting through google+ (because you can have up to ten people talking at once for free!) in our cosplays! It will be just like a normal group but through video. This makes it easier for people who live far away and are not able to actually meet up in one area.

Who are we looking for?
Anyone who wants to join! Even if you are completely new to cosplay you can still join in! We are not pushing anyone away, even if they do not have a finished cosplay. But we do ask that you cosplay Homestuck for now. This is also a great way if you are looking for a cosplay "mentor" we will be happy to help and give you all pointers when needed!

The cosplays we have now:
-Female Sollux
-Terezi/Karkat (by the same person)
-Jade
-Roxy
so as you can see we are very open to all designs of Homestuck cosplay, we even let duplicates! So if you see that your cosplay is "taken" don't worry about it! You can still be that character ^^

Will we ever meet up in real life?
Its hard to say! But I sure do hope so! We are hopping to get enough members together to make that possible. we plan on, after the online group gets enough members, to meet up at least once every year. But of course you can meet up with any of the members on your own! It just wont be a whole group thing.

Requirements:
-Have access to the internet
-Have an account on google+
-Have a web cam
-You must speak English!
-Have some form of cosplay ready!

This group is just for fun and a fun way to meet new people!

If you are interested in joining or have any questions please feel free to contact me at kurodaakumauta@gmail.com either through google+ or just regular email is fine ^^
If you leave a comment below I will try my best to get back to you but I can not promise anything for I will not be on this site often!

Thank you ^^
ThrowingShadows is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
jrockfreak

Sounds like a great idea. to bad i dont cosplay homestuck
jrockfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
Blackrose71398

Man this sounds really cool. I'm new to all of this and it sounds like a great idea. I haven't really watched homestruck but I'll look it up. I do have questions though; how old do u have to be and where do u guys live?
Blackrose71398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
ThrowingShadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose71398 View Post
Man this sounds really cool. I'm new to all of this and it sounds like a great idea. I haven't really watched homestruck but I'll look it up. I do have questions though; how old do u have to be and where do u guys live?
Great questions, I'll have to add these above. And the age doesn't matter, so far all of us are in our teens but we do not have an age limit. However we do ask that you are at least mature enough to handle everything, which I'm sure you are if you've already read homestuck. We are going to keep this thing pg13 and if you want to go beyond that we'll have to have you take that elsewhere.

None of us actually live close by, we are all spread out in the us. But because its an online group it doesn't matter ^^ and if you live in another country with different hours I'm sure there will be some night owls on here you can hang with. The only thing is that you need to speak understandable English.
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
NonViolent
Doesn't like violence

U-uh... I have a .. Grell cosplay and a.. Sebastian cosplay and a Ciel cosplay and a Izaya cosplay.. And a Shizuo cosplay.. May I join?.. Inbox me? cx
NonViolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
packingabox

This seems like an awesome idea, but I'm afraid you cut out alot of people with only homestuck... ^^;

Homestuck is an awesome comic, and cosplayers of such are rampant, with varying levels of skill and creativity. However, I for one do not cosplay homestuck (yet...) and I'd still be interested in participating in this.

I hope I'm not coming of as rude... I just think it would be nice if this were opened up.
packingabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Kyousuke

I don't really cosplay Homestuck but I would like to be part of a cosplay group. xD I'm working on other cosplays if that counts. xD

Finished:
  • Len (Love is War)

Going to:
  • NYCC 2013 (Saturday or Sunday)
  • Anime Boston 2014
  • (?) Conneticon 2014
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
ThrowingShadows

To everyone who replied, I'm currently talking it over with the other members to see if we could open it to every type of cosplay. But this might take a while as one of them is currently on vacation in Tokyo and has no way of contacting anyone back home >-< And I would like to get EVERYONE in the group's opinion on it before I make a decision. If we do end up taking in everyone I will defiantly inbox you guys.
Unread 07-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
JellyfishTamer

Please do! Since a lot of us (including myself) don't Cosplay homestuck, it cuts a lot of us out. But the intial idea is brilliant.
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
addietunaz
addietunaz

I would love to join. I cosplay Dave and I am working on several other Homestuck cosplays.
addietunaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
ThrowingShadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by addietunaz View Post
I would love to join. I cosplay Dave and I am working on several other Homestuck cosplays.
Then just add me on google+ and I'll invite you to the group ^^ use Kuroda Akumauta in the search
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

I added you on Google+ just yesterday. uwu I cosplay Homestuck (Dave, Vriska, John) and mainly other tumblr-based fandoms.
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote