Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

Whedon Universe

Hello fellow Whedonites!

Once again, I will be the photographer for the Whedon Universe track, so I thought I'd start a thread to organize all of the WU cosplay photo ops. You can find last year's pictures on my website.

The new track website already has a tentative schedule at http://whedonverse.dragoncon.org/schedule/. Note that there are a few big changes from previous years: the Buffy Horror and Dr. Horrible shows have moved from Friday to Saturday night, and the Shindig has been replaced with an Avengers Ball on Friday night.

I'll have my backdrop set up and I'll be taking pictures at the Ball as well as at the Costume Contest. I'd also like to try to organize some cosplay meetups. I've spoken to the new WU Track Director, Mary Moline, and she's going to allow us to use the track room at the following times:

Friday night at 7 PM, while the WU staff is setting up for the Ball upstairs
Saturday night at approx 11:30PM, after the Buffy Horror Picture Show
Sunday after the Costume Contest, but before the next panel begins

Is anybody interested in these times, or perhaps meeting up on Thursday night in the Marriott?
My convention photos are available on my website at www.scifigeek.info. If you find a picture of yourself, feel free to add it to your own Cosplay.com profile. All I ask is that you credit www.scifigeek.info and send me a PM to let me know.
scifigeek47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I didn't finish my Willow costume in time, and I'm probably not going to have time to be Kaylee this year. I look forward to other people's costumes, though!
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
sunnydale_pet

If anyone was interested in a Thursday night meetup, that would be great!! I will have a Buffy cosplay(either "Graduation Day", "Dracula", "Chosen", or "Prophecy Girl"), a Femme!Mal, and possibly a "Serenity" Inara. Looking forward to seeing other Whedonites!
sunnydale_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I'm definitely interested in a Thursday night meetup!
My convention photos are available on my website at www.scifigeek.info. If you find a picture of yourself, feel free to add it to your own Cosplay.com profile. All I ask is that you credit www.scifigeek.info and send me a PM to let me know.
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Nightengale37
Becca Du

I'm bringing Simon Tam so I would certainly be interested in some sort of Firefly meet up!
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale37 View Post
I'm bringing Simon Tam so I would certainly be interested in some sort of Firefly meet up!
Sounds great, Nightengale! Would you be able to make any of the times I listed, or do you have any suggestions for a time that would meet your schedule?
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I wanted to showcase the new official rules for the Whedon Universe Costume Contest. They're pretty similar to what we've done in previous years, but please take a look if you're interested in entering.
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Gale
All the world's a stage

I'm planning to bring Kaylee to the parade. I can't make either of the times mentioned though due to the doctor who ball and the aquarium party (not technically a conflict, but I'll be in a different costume). I would love a firefly meetup of some sort though!

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I always say, you can never have too many Kaylees!

I'm not sure if I'm going to be available directly after the parade, unfortunately.

If you're in the Whedon track room during the weekend, chances are I'll be there. I'll have the backdrop set up at the back of the room throughout the weekend, so feel free to ask for a picture if you'd like!
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
Gale
All the world's a stage

Of course! I am also wearing her Sunday evening for a private photo shoot at 7pm. It other firefly costumers want to get together at either 5:30 or 8 I'd love to meet-up.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
Katala

As Sunnydale said, She's doing Buffy and I'm doing Drucilla Thrusday night so if there is anyone who wants to meet up then.

I'll also be bring out Buffy to wednesday night werewolf thing they are doing in the marriott pre-con 10th floor. And the Princess Cordy I won with last year to get a picture with Amy Acker so I'll be in her sometime Sat or Sun.

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #12
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

@Katala and @sunnydale_pet I'm definitely interested in a meetup Thursday night. Hopefully we can get a few more people to join in!

Katala, are you planning to enter the Whedon Costume Contest again? Your Princess Cordy was great, I really liked the Lorne head!
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
Katala

I was planning on doing the Prima Ballerina and short entrance routine (I was one) that Summer Glau did on Angel but had no time to do it. I do have Drucilla white dress and the necklace I don't think anyone has made spot on before but just pearls or a simple necklace. But I really want to in 2014 with a group, Victorian Dru, Spike Angel and Darla for some marauding madness. (So will be doing shoutouts for the last three soon).

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I always like Drusilla costumes, so I hope you decide to enter the contest!

The Victorian trio of terror sounds like a great idea, I hope you can make it happen next year!
Unread 08-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

@Gale, I could make it to a Firefly meetup at 5:30 on Sunday. Anybody else want to join us?