Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #16
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I have the very firstest of first world problems, and when given the context of actual misery, I feel like an asshole.

Example: for every time I forget to charge my iPhone before leaving the house, there is an Indonesian sweatshop child who forgot to pull his arm out of the shoe-crushing machine.

For every time that I can't figure out if I want sweet or salted popcorn, there is an Afghan boy who can't figure out the location of the land mines in his garden.

Still, they're great to complain about. Fuckin' internet connection. Only 5 nuggets in my mcnuggets meal. No Face-Off sequel. Life sucks.

Last edited by Sybren117 : 07-19-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
Lithium Flower
Handphones

There's too many projects I have going on.

On this brand new computer Brando got from work.

With this amazing wacom tablet he got for free from a friend.

I literally have so much time on my hands and the expensive fancy materials at my disposal to have too many things to draw that I can't decide what to finish.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
Ran out of cranberry juice; the closest store to buy the coveted juice is where i work (at Randalls), don't want to go buy any because managers there might guilt trip me into coming in on my day off.
That's a good one. Or a bad one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
No Face-Off sequel. Life sucks.
I didn't even realize this was a problem until you mentioned it. But you're totally right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I literally have so much time on my hands and the expensive fancy materials at my disposal to have too many things to draw that I can't decide what to finish.
I have complete control over about 75% of my schedule and hundreds of things that need to get done. Gee, what should I do first? I DON'T KNOW! *goes to surf internet*

I knew we'd be good at this.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #19
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I didn't even realize this was a problem until you mentioned it. But you're totally right.

To be fair, you'd need new actors. Travolta is WAYYYY too...Travolta to come back as Caster Troy.

My suggestions. Vin Dinsel, The Dwayne The Rock The Johnson, Jason Stratham-OH WAIT THIS IS FAST AND FURIOUS 7!

Quote:
I have complete freedom over about 75% of my schedule and hundreds of things that need to get done. Gee, what should I do first? I DON'T KNOW! *goes to surf internet and make sure CHris is making dick jokes*

Fixed.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I have complete control over about 75% of my schedule and hundreds of things that need to get done. Gee, what should I do first? I DON'T KNOW! *goes to surf internet*

I am terrible with making choices.

If I go in to an ice cream shop and they have 50 different flavors, all of which I like, I could spend hours flip-flopping over what I want because I couldn't make up my mind. I constantly live in a state of 'what if..' over trivial stuff like picking soup or salad. If one of my choices ends up being less then stellar, a wilted salad or crummy soup, I'll forever regret not having picked the other option.

When faced with many possible choices I tend to make no choice at all.

I'd rather go a restaurant that has just one thing on the menu I love but I don't care for anything else versus a restaurant with a menu full of things I like.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Theres hasn't been anything on the Steam sale that's interested me since Monday. FIRST WORLD PROBLEM!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #22
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I need to clean my fishtank and send the measurements for a costume I'm selling to the possible buyer....
And I can't put down the game I downloaded for my "new" tablet yesterday!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #23
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

FedEx kept showing up when no one was home and refused to leave my iPhone at the door. I even tried to pay them $5 so they'd drop it off when someone was going to be there, but the website told me it "wasn't an option". Now I have to figure out where Maspeth is, find time I don't really have to go there, and pick it up my damn self. I really don't like FedEx.

I also lost a shipment from my diaper subscription and have to contact our previous landlord to see if they know where it is, AND my $50 order of custom postcards with our new address has vanished into the mists.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
That's a good one. Or a bad one?

Its an annoying one. I have couple of mangers that like to not only call people on their day off but when they see them try to aggressively guilt them into coming in to work. It would be a annoying problem for me today only because today they have the "district people" coming in, so there's a lot of work to be done. And i do mean a lot of work such as displays, returns, etc. that they put off which could have all been done two or three days before the suits came out. So im sure as hell not coming in today, i earned my 3 days. Im just going to have to drive an extra 5 or so miles to get cranberry juice. ( O x O)/ thus becoming one of my current first world problems.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #25
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
When faced with many possible choices I tend to make no choice at all.
I do that too. Apparently there's a whole sociological theory about it.. I've gotten better about it but will still occasionally flee the mall because there is just TOO MUCH STUFF! D:
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I do that too. Apparently there's a whole sociological theory about it.. I've gotten better about it but will still occasionally flee the mall because there is just TOO MUCH STUFF! D:
I could get on board with that.

If I am faced with picking one flavor out of 50 ice cream flavors but they have a list of 'customer favorites' off to the side, I am more likely to pick from the smaller list then spend half an hour regretting the last 5 years of my life because I once chose Black Cherry over Sooperman.

A lot of us ask our friends what they're ordering at a restaurant as a gauge to consider what WE will get too. Even though our friend has shitty taste and you absolute never want to eat the food they'd cook at home. We still look for some direction in all the choices presented to us, as if one is right and another is wrong.

Choice without direction makes our heads spin.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #27
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

My girl friend and I wear the same size and style of underwear. We mark them but today I found 5 unmarked pairs in the basket of clean clothes in patterns we both wear.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #28
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Well, I guess if she's your girlfriend accidentally wearing her underoos won't be too terrible?

Now if your neighbor is slipping her unmarked underoos in..

For a couple weeks we've been having trouble with comcast. The connection goes in and out at random and we even completely replaced the modem, done hard connections to specific computers or game systems and they sent someone out to reset a box outside the apartment. But it only works for a short time before the connection turns to shit again.

Someone new was leaving their animal crossing gate open and said they left a bunch of goodies at the gate for anyone who wanted to visit, because I can't get a solid connection I can't go visit anyone elses town :|
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 07-19-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #29
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

A friend made me aware that the fact that I hate the term "first world problems" is in and of itself a "first world problem".

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
MedievalGirl

I spent the morning cleaning the house of a relative with dementia and hoarder tendencies. I now have an incredible desire to clean my own house down to the baseboards but I have no more energy.
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote