Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #61
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Shopper's Drug Mart coupons suck. You have to print them out (and I don't have a printer...), and they routinely aren't actually a deal. Something like "Spend over fifty bucks and get ten dollars off of something else" or "This weekend only we're selling things for the much-lower typical supermarket prices". Optimum points are a rip, too, but they're free, so whatever. But you only get the ten points per dollar on WHOLE DOLLARS. $1.99? Only one dollar of points. Fucking bull.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #62
harmonyisarine

I wanted to go swimming yesterday, but our pool was too hot even for me. I had to giggle at the sheer arrogance of entertaining that as a problem for as long as I did.
Unread 07-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #63
Khorrupt

The classic fan-on-too-cold fan-off-too-hot problem. SIGH.

Also I'm so sick of accidentally throwing one of my nice shirts in the wash with my t-shirts, because after they come out of the dryer, my t-shirts are promptly crumpled up in a basket until I feel like putting them away. One of my nice shirts that will wrinkle like crazy always finds its way into the same load and now I have this nice, expensive, button-up blue blouse with 3/4 sleeves...that looks like it was run over by a truck. AGH.

TWITTER LOADS NEW TWEETS REALLY SLOWLY.

That is all.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #64
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
I wanted to go swimming yesterday, but our pool was too hot even for me. I had to giggle at the sheer arrogance of entertaining that as a problem for as long as I did.
What? How hot can your pool be? Like bath temp warm? Because that sounds fucking perfect to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #65
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Also I still don't know what forum/flame warrior I'd be.
I don't think that you fit neatly into any of the categories. Take heart that you're not as predictable as most of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
Also I'm so sick of accidentally throwing one of my nice shirts in the wash with my t-shirts, because after they come out of the dryer, my t-shirts are promptly crumpled up in a basket until I feel like putting them away. One of my nice shirts that will wrinkle like crazy always finds its way into the same load and now I have this nice, expensive, button-up blue blouse with 3/4 sleeves...that looks like it was run over by a truck. AGH.
I have a worse problem - my kids do the laundry and sometimes they put my Hawaiian shirts in the dryer. Seriously. Where did I go wrong in raising them?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #66
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I have a worse problem - my kids do the laundry and sometimes they put my Hawaiian shirts in the dryer. Seriously. Where did I go wrong in raising them?
I started doing all the laundry a few years ago due to Dad ruining everything nice I owned when he washed it. Shit like putting delicates in hot water, tumble drying my cotton (woo hoo, shrinkage), bleaching my coloured underwear....yeah. Not a fucking thing went undamaged because his laundry knowledge is "don't wash til reeking and utterly filthy, then put on hottest setting with bleach and dry on high."
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #67
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Jo-Ann's 50% off Coupon doesn't work for sewing machines and they consider bobbin winders sewing machines.

I JUST WANT A BOBBIN WINDER.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #68
harmonyisarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
What? How hot can your pool be? Like bath temp warm? Because that sounds fucking perfect to me.
Pool was practically body temperature. Too hot for a pool and too cold for bath/hot tub temp. Though there is something very neat about having body, air and pool temperature be all within a degree of each other.
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #69
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Jo-Ann's 50% off Coupon doesn't work for sewing machines and they consider bobbin winders sewing machines. .
That's one hellua bobbin winder.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #70
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
That's one hellua bobbin winder.
It was $35 which was not in the budget, but $17.50 totally could have been.

Stupid Joann
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #71
belligerent
Viking Metal

I need to eat lunch but I'm not motivated to make a sandwich.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #72
Lithium Flower
Handphones

This lady came to my animal crossing town, or rather Brandons since I am just a regular citizen on his game, and just ran up to the main street to see what towns where built then left when she didn't see what she wanted.

GURL.
GET YO ASS BACK HERE AND FISH WITH ME.

I am upset that I waited all day to finally have someone come visit me and they bailed in 2 minutes. gosh.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #73
belligerent
Viking Metal

Looked at a height and weight chart for AoT characters and I'm only 7" and 54 pounds under what my character is supposed to be. Suspension of disbelief, don't fail me now....

Also SO is seeing Pacific Rim. Would like to see this movie with SO but live across country. Another movie I probably won't see for a few years, therefore.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago

Last edited by belligerent : 07-20-2013 at 04:54 PM.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #74
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

This is the last beer in the house, and that makes me sad. I should be drunker.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #75
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I just checked on some ginger wine I started brewing back in January. It's been racked 5 times and it's still cloudy!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote