Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 07-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
tyluke

Elizabeth Bioshock (I'm a guy btw)

Hi there,

Well I was thinking about playing Elizabeth for Fanexpo this year! I want to do a rule 63 sort of version. Instead of Elizabeth Dewitt I'd be playing Elijah Dewitt! BTW this is my first attempt at a cosplay costume and I'm hoping it turns out well with what I have available.

Here are some of the details:
-The expo starts August 22nd so I have until then.
-My budget is less then $100 hopefully (I'm merely guessing)
-I have brown hair so my physical traits won't be difficult (I'll be acquiring blue contacts)

in regards to costume pieces I'm looking at playing Elizabeth as you first see her/him in the library: http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Eliza...izabeth_R1.png

When I look at it the costume has several parts (for the male counterpart)
-Chocker necklace (I have to make it)
-Dress shirt (with inside coloured collar and cuffs and/or rolled up sleeves)
-Scarf/tie
-Dress pants
-Dress shoes
-Songbird plushie and thimble (idk how I'll get these but I can hope )

Problems:
1. I haven't been able to find any sort of dress clothes that are blue (like in the game) so I was thinking about going with black instead. would that be too jarring?
2. I haven't a clue about how to make or find a dress shirt similar to hers. I do have a white dress shirt with similar creases but its only one colour
3. When I put together the "pieces" I have so far (dress pants, shirt and such) I really don't see 'Elizabeth' when I look in the mirror. if that makes sense? I don't see how someone would recognize the character, maybe its because I haven't completed enough of it; but it is discouraging...

Anyway I was wondering If I could get your opinion on the costume idea? good or bad, ideas to make it better, tips and stuff
tyluke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Shirayuki~Chan

I think you'll have to alter a lot of stuff you buy to get it to her unique style. You'll have to add the blue and gold to the collar your self, and tot he cuffs too. And I suggest adding the two straps to the pants like the ones on her skirt, to give your outfit a more Elizabeth feel.

I'm not super versed in sewing myself, but you can go on the Sewing tutorial thread to get some advice!

I hope I helped~

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening
Opal Beifong- Legend of Korra

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote