Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Elfen Lied cosplay thread

Okay, so...
There needs to be a thread for this that isn't character-specific.

I'm working on Lucy, with bandages, vectors and the helmet (or possibly half-helmet) and would love to discuss this process with other Elfen Lied cosplayers.

Anyone else working on an Elfen Lied cosplay?

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
Plays_w/_Resins

Currently working on my own full containment helmet.... and thinking about bandaging one arm....
Only have a few more things to get done within the next 3 weeks!!! XD

Yet I have found the biggest hurdle is not having the same products in Australia as in America... Would have made my life easier!! :P
Plays_w/_Resins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
KratosSamurai2
Rookie Cosplayer

My dream Elfen Lied cosplay is Mariko, complete with a wheelchair and vectors. =D I actually have patterns for the main parts of her outfit, but I've got a couple other costumes I want to finish first.
KratosSamurai2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
flashwithwave

I'm thinking of doing a Mariko, as we have a wheelchair just lying around right now, but how would you go about making the vectors? I'm intruiged.
flashwithwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
Sarcomere

Finished my helmet a number of weeks ago and tried to walk around, tho I bumped into a few people!! XD

Hope you like it!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs258.snc4/40247_1246653066657_1839339721_487163_1812024_n.jp g
Unread 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
AlmostHolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcomere View Post
Finished my helmet a number of weeks ago and tried to walk around, tho I bumped into a few people!! XD

Hope you like it!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs258.snc4/40247_1246653066657_1839339721_487163_1812024_n.jp g
Wow! You did an amazing job. The texture of the helmet looks really nice -- just like real metal.

I'm currently making a Lucy cosplay of her outfit she wears with the green hat. ^_^ Really excited for this one! I just finished the hat and I ordered my patterns today.
Here's my finished hat:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2718045/
AlmostHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
animefreak4ever
Anime Freak

Right now I am actually working on a Mariko cosplay, I will even have some vectors and the wheelchair ^_^ im getting close to done
animefreak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
Seena-Cha
Cosplay Guru of Love

I made one this year o=
but it was the one with the green hat and yellow skirt, so i went with something easy =/
somewhat....

TBA
Seena-Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #9
DingDing

Yay! Elfen Lied cosplay thread
I'm going to start working on a 'bandaged Lucy' soon, with vectors and a helmet. But i'm not sure whether it will be the half one or full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcomere View Post

Hope you like it!!

OH HELL! YOUR HELMET IS AMAZING!
Seriously!!
Do you mind how you made it? Did you use a tutorial?

It looks like the real thing

My da: http://allebasi-ding.deviantart.com/

Cosplays:

Cosplays:
ANBU Naruto
Lucy - Elfen Lied
SNJ Neji
Gaara (Chunin) - Naruto
Alice - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (WIP)
DingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #10
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm not working on one currently, but I'm sort of known for my Lucy. I do the black dress from the last arc of the anime. Originally I did bandage Nana as I have come across promotional pictures of her in bandages, not just Lucy. Basically I wore a white bikini and covered that and plus some with bandages. The "family-friendly" con made me cover up and my mom forced me to retire it and not upload any photos of it on the internet.

So I tried to find something that would work as Nana's black/navy dress but couldn't. I didn't have a sewing machine at the time so making it wasn't an option. I did find things that would work for Lucy's outfit and that's how that cosplay got started. The first time I wore Lucy to a con, I used the same wig as Nana because Lucy cut her hair short around that time. But I found that people tend to forget that and because it was a cheap wig, I replaced it with a long one.

On a bit of a side-note at Naka this year, someone told me they checked out my cosplay.com profile just because of the Lucy cosplay.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
emlights

I'm working on Lucy with the bandages and helmet. It's been a very educated journey and a struggle at that. It took me forever to understand the basics of pepakura, resin, etcetera. This is one of my first cosplays so I wanted to search the forums before jumping into anything. the only way i can think of making the helmet is the pepakura way. Any suggestions/tips?

I also ordered my wig and it should be coming soon! I'm excited for that. Her hair is a unique color.

I now have to look for red contacts since I'm going off the anime version of her. Does anyone know a good website? I have dark eyes.

OH ALSO (sorry for all the questions) but what would you wear in the case of shoes? I don't want to break the image with regular footwear but she's nude the whole time and bare feet at a con sounds plain weird. I was thinking skin-colored jazz shoes? I don't know.

THANKS, I'm glad to see other Elfen Lied cosplayers.

Cosplays:
Mikasa from AoT 25%
Young Marceline from Adventure Time 5%
Emily from The Corpse Bride 1%
Lucy from Elfen Lied 100%
Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time 100%

Cons:
Metrocon *
Tampa Comic Con*
Asylum
Shadocon
Megacon
Metrocon 2014
emlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #12
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlights View Post
I'm working on Lucy with the bandages and helmet. It's been a very educated journey and a struggle at that. It took me forever to understand the basics of pepakura, resin, etcetera. This is one of my first cosplays so I wanted to search the forums before jumping into anything. the only way i can think of making the helmet is the pepakura way. Any suggestions/tips?

I also ordered my wig and it should be coming soon! I'm excited for that. Her hair is a unique color.

I now have to look for red contacts since I'm going off the anime version of her. Does anyone know a good website? I have dark eyes.

OH ALSO (sorry for all the questions) but what would you wear in the case of shoes? I don't want to break the image with regular footwear but she's nude the whole time and bare feet at a con sounds plain weird. I was thinking skin-colored jazz shoes? I don't know.

THANKS, I'm glad to see other Elfen Lied cosplayers.
For contacts, I like using solution-lens.com - I have almost all of mine from there, including my red ones.^^
As for fake bare feet - TADAA: http://andsewingishalfthebattle.com/invisible-shoes
In progress:
| Loki Laevatein - 95%| Homura Akemi - 80%|
| Rin Matsuoka - 75%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
emlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
For contacts, I like using solution-lens.com - I have almost all of mine from there, including my red ones.^^
As for fake bare feet - TADAA: http://andsewingishalfthebattle.com/invisible-shoes
thank you so much, that bare foot tut is very creative!

Cosplays:
Mikasa from AoT 25%
Young Marceline from Adventure Time 5%
Emily from The Corpse Bride 1%
Lucy from Elfen Lied 100%
Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time 100%

Cons:
Metrocon *
Tampa Comic Con*
Asylum
Shadocon
Megacon
Metrocon 2014
emlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
melfina89

I have cosplayed Lucy, but her version from the end of the series with the short hair and grey dress. I have to say that her hair color is probably the most challenging thing to get just perfect.
Casual D&D Player

Cosplay:
Triela - Gunslinger Girls - 2010
Lucy/Nyuu - Elfen Lied - 2011-2012
Melfina - Outlaw Star - 2013
melfina89 is offline   Reply With Quote