Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
Wiggly52

Makeup Help

Hello I am new in the cosplay community and have always admires the time and effort the girls and boys put into their costume. Well I am cosplaying as Levi/Rivaille/Rival from attack on titan. I would love to get makeup tips on how to do his face. The thing is i have dark skin but I still want to cosplay as him. I know some of the people on this website know a lot so any help would do so much for me! And If you see me at Comic con please come say hi!

Here are some pictures of Levi :

http://m1205.photobucket.com/image/r....png.html?o=36

http://m.photobucket.com//images/rivaille?page=3

http://m1205.photobucket.com/image/r....png.html?o=45
Wiggly52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Phiph

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to drastically change your skin colour without it looking terrible.

That also depends on how dark your skin is. If you're south asian you might be able to get away with putting on a foundation a shade or two lighter, but make sure you pick a shade that matches your skins undertones or else you'll end up looking ashy/grey, which happens a lot when people with darker skin don't know how to choose their makeup.

If you have much darker skin your best bet is to just rock the cosplay with your skintone.
Phiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
Wiggly52

Ohhh no, I didn't mean change my skin to white, lol. Hmmm maybe like tips on how to make my eyes appear darker around it. Here is another picture of a Levi cosplayer to show you what I'm talking about.

http://m.weheartit.com/entry/66371542?pgx=OpenMobileApp
Unread 08-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
Wiggly52

And also I'm African American not south Asian.
Unread 08-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Wiggly52

Ah maybe I didn't clarify as well. I don't want to change my skin to white. Maybe figure out how to make my eyes darker around the outside . Here is a picture of a levi cosplayer.

http://www.funchannel.net/shingeki-n.../#.Uf28Zqa9LCQ

Thanks for the suggestion tho.
Unread 08-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Serenith
~Nyah Nyah~

I wouldn't worry about skin tone. You don't have to look like a mirror of a character physically to have an awesome cosplay of them.

Unread 08-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Wiggly52

Oh no I didn't mean to change my skin to white, lol no that's crazy. I meant like a way to make my eyes darker around the outside. Should I put on foundation or concealer. That kind of stuff. I would never do that.
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Wiggly52

Sorry about double post my Internet hasn't been working and I don't know if things send.
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

This kind of makeup depends on your features and what you're trying to achieve with makeup. If you resemble a character, the makeup is easy. If you don't, it's much harder. There are some makeup tutorials for him on YouTube, so I'd recommend checking those out. See if those techniques seem doable. It's a lot of clever contouring and highlighting. Best of luck!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
spookehdoom
Batz. Batz O'Hell.

All you need to give that dark rimming on the eyes, as seen on the two cosplayers you linked, is black eyeliner. It's applied in a "puppy dog" style on the FunChannel link; it's smudged to sheerness and reapplied in a thin line at the lashes on the WeHeartIt link. I hope that made sense but that's it, very simple.

Alternative dyes (Manic Panic, Special Effects) are vegetable dyes and stain. They are not water-based. Don't want to see your hair stained later on? Don't do it.
spookehdoom is offline   Reply With Quote