Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Unread 12-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Reeve

Looking for extras for Masquerade

Hello, I was originally going to apply to do a walk-on type of presentation but then I had a great idea for a skit using my costume! This skit would require:

4 extras (stage ninjas) - 2 to hold up a 6ft tall 20ft wide collapsible foam poster board wall banner.

2 actors (aside from myself) - must be Super Smash Bros Brawl character cosplayers! I need one female actress to play as the character Peach, Zero Suit Samus, or Zelda. The other character can be anyone else from this list as long as it is not a duplicate: Peach, Samus (ZSS or normal), Zelda, Sheik, Mario, Luigi, Snake, Marth, Ike, Fox, Falco, or Wolf.

The brief plan:

The 4 stage ninjas enter the stage first, and hold up the wall. Next, the two Smash Bros characters enter the stage with a little plush toy of a Smash Bros character. The two Smash Bros characters will sit down and lip-sync prerecorded dialog and briefly play with the the little plush toy. The character with the plush toy will then toss it over the wall with a sound effect queue and then I will do my stuff from my costume. I don't want to spoil the surprise so I won't say what happens in the end but it should be a very funny skit!

In summary I need:
4 Stage Ninjas (to hold up a light wall)
2 Super Smash Bros Brawl Cosplayers (1 Peach/Zelda/Zero Suit Samus, 1 other character capable of speaking)

I will supply all the supplies and props. I also will provide all the music and audio. Please let me know if you want to be a part of the awesome Masquerade 2014 at ALA and just needed an opportunity!

If you are interested, please PM me or post here. See you at the convention!

Edit 1: the cosplaying actors MUST use their own costume! I do not have extra costumes; I am looking for other cosplayers who would like to participate in the masquerade. Also, the stage ninjas should bring their own dark clothing.

Edit 2: Current tentative extras:
haaku1234 as stage ninja
gumogumomegpoid as stage ninja

I still need the Smash Bros cosplayers! If I don't find some soon I think I might start offering a monetary incentive to the helpers (I already invested a bit in the extra props for the skit, so I rather spend a little more to make the skit possible than cancel it entirely and have the props go to waste)! I need to verify that ALA is ok with me offering monetary compensation for extra performers before I offer that.

Edit 3: Offering rewards now for helpers!

Each stage ninja who helps me (maximum of 4, and I will give priority to first responders) will get a free Starbucks drink of their choice.

Each Smash Bros cosplayer who helps me (maximum of 2 and meeting the requirements above) will receive a small monetary reward for their time and effort.

Last edited by Reeve : 01-04-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Updated information
Reeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
Reeve

Updated the information. I now have a 20 ft long wall (it can be cropped but it will fit on the 24 ft stage). The wall is light and made of foam poster board and should not be difficult for 4 people to hold up.

I still need people for this! I have just invested more money into getting this wall, so I am serious about making this a success! If you have any questions about me or the skit, feel free to let me know by posting here or via PM.

In summary: I need 4 stage ninja helpers and 2 cosplay actors (see 1st post for details).
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
haaku1234

I can help stage ninja-wise, if you like? So long as I'm not needed before any of my work hours (all before noon) or during the two gatherings I'm hosting.
haaku1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #4
gumogumomegpoid

I'll be an extra~
gumogumomegpoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
Reeve

haaku1234:

Great, any help would be greatly appreciated! All that the stage ninjas need to do is be able to hold a wall which is 6ft tall. Don't worry, it is very light (made of foam board) but might be strenuous if you are short or have short arms (although I think most people can reach 6 ft if they reach high). What times are your gatherings?

gumogumomegpoid:

Would you like to be a stage ninja or do you have a Smash Bros cosplay? Either is a great help to me!
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
Reeve

Updated information, I still need Smash Bros cosplayers!
Unread 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
animekrazy123
Kazuki

ahaha =]. sounds fun. i hope you get the people you need. I wouldn't mind being a stage ninja. First time for everything!
Before I can say yes for sure though, do you know what time you'd have to be there for the masquerade? i believe you do have to go early.
[u]
went to PMX 2013
going to ALA 2014
AX 2014
Want to go to Fanime and Comic con
animekrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
Reeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekrazy123 View Post
ahaha =]. sounds fun. i hope you get the people you need. I wouldn't mind being a stage ninja. First time for everything!
Before I can say yes for sure though, do you know what time you'd have to be there for the masquerade? i believe you do have to go early.
Great, thanks for your interest. The registration opens at 12PM on Friday and I will plan to promptly register the group at that time, so I must meet with everyone prior. On Saturday, at 10:30 there is a 1 hour general masquerade meeting for all entrants, but I am not 100% sure that includes stage ninjas. Next, at some time frame in 12PM to 4PM the group needs to do a tech rehearsal and finally at 6:15PM everyone is required to be present. The masquerade starts at 7PM and usually lasts 2-3 hours total. Once the skit is done, the ninjas can leave.
Unread 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #9
Reeve

Since I have not heard otherwise, I will begin offering a small reward for Smash Bros cosplayers! And since I don't want the ninjas to feel left out, I will buy each stage ninja who helps me the Starbucks beverage of their choice (located in the lobby of the Marriott)!

Please find me some Smash Bros. cosplayers who want to be part of a skit!
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #10
Reeve

To those that already stated they would be willing to help, can you guys meet with me on Thursday evening at the convention to discuss the plans and to exchange contact information?

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
Reeve

I will meet around 8PM on Thursday at the ALA registration desk to those interested in helping.

Thanks
Unread 01-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
animekrazy123
Kazuki

=[ I don't think i can make it. i'm not even there until friday afternoon.
[u]
went to PMX 2013
going to ALA 2014
AX 2014
Want to go to Fanime and Comic con
animekrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote