Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 04-02-2004, 05:46 AM   #1
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

All Purpose Naruto Explosion Note

Alright, I was waiting for ep 77 of Naruto so I could get the explosion note from Naruto's Uncle and try to copy it for cosplay, I have enclosed the file at the bottom.

Also, in ep 31, Rock Lee save's a squirrel from getting blown up. Since the Chinchilla is basically puffball Squirrel and uber cute, too, I took some shots with him and the note. He looks very displeased <.<

What do you think of the note, if I made them into stickers on sticker paper in a printer, wouldn't they be nice accessories if you didn't have a kunai handy, besides a scroll.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....rt =1&cat=500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EN7.JPG (96.4 KB, 46 views)
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #2
Sorahana
...That was a joke

That's so awesome!! You make the most interesting things Matt ^_~. Cool idea though! A way to help Naruto cosplayers everywhere *O*! Keep up the great work!
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
Kurai Kaze
Swiss Army Dork

That is... quite possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. It looks good, man! Though you might want to go over the existing line art with a brushed application of black ink just to give it the more... Painted feel of an ofuda. ^^
Unread 07-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #4
BrianAnim
sdcosplay.org *****

do you have a picture of just the notes, I cant seem to find a good shot of just the exploding tags, as I'm too also making stickers.
BrianAnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
Keiosu
Plastic Voyager

You mean Gaara's uncle, right? Really good idea. The fact that they would be stickers is the best. Like sticky notes, just rip one off and stick it to some unsuspecting Naruto cosplayer. Lovely!
Keiosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
Okami Yokai
Wanderer

that chinchilla is going ot blow!
Okami Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
LadyRayne
Leelee the Bunny

the only thing I can comment on is that on the bottom of the second Kanji you missed two little lines that bend in. The chinchilla is adorable.
-Leelee
LadyRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2006, 05:13 AM   #8
Chuwei
Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

it's actually not a symbol but it's the actual character in Japanese/Chinese that means "explode".

In Chinese/Japanese calligraphy one of the most important aspects is the "proportion". In this case, the left part of the character you did pretty well on, but on the right part the proportion is off. The top "box" part in proportion to the bottom portion should be in a 1:2 ratio, that is, the box should take up only 1/3rd of the space on the right side.

The short straight line at the very bottom should be twice as long as what you have there, and yes what LadyRayne said is also true, you missed out on two of the downward angular strokes that should be there. (Sorry, chinese person speaking here, we were drilled this since BIRTH pretty much so now we can spot all the mistakes that others tend to make =P)

Finally because of the angle of that screenshot of Yashamaru the exploding notes seems horizontally stretched, but they should actually be squarish or more longer vertically than horizontally.

Hmm....here's a picture of the actual character you were copying =)

putting them on sticker paper was a cute idea, though....you should go around and stick them on random trees and places XD

-- [ *ACP* ] ---- [ *Cure* ] ---- [ ♪♪♪ ] ---- [ Flickr ] --

その笑顔の為なら 何だって出来るだろう 僕の大切な宝物♪

Upcoming Conventions
--> ??? <--

Chuwei is offline   Reply With Quote