Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 04-02-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

Samurai Shodown Costume

I know it's a little blurry, but I think it shows off most of the costume... other pictures are in my folder for the costume, so I just want to see if anything more needs to be added or what-not-ed about the costume... granted that it isn't in the best of locations... I'm planning on someday getting a professional shooting done, which I'm betting will turn out better than these pics.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....cat=500&page=1

Unread 04-05-2004, 12:12 AM   #2
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Wow, nobody has replied yet? That's surprising... maybe you should include a reference picture since it is kind of an obscure cosplay... hmm... well, lemme give you my opinions.

IT SUCKS.

No, no, just kidding. I can do that because I know you.... and you really need to post a better picture... you can use some of mine if you want.

My real opinion: I really liked the boots, they had a nice shine and texture. The armor could use some smoothing, and you should do something about where the top of your wig meets your hairline... you can really tell it's a wig along there, not sure what to do to change that though. The armor could use a little more smoothing out, it looks kinda tinfoily... if you could find some way to dull down the shine a little.... but yes, I really did like it, and I thought you looked good in it.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

I'll grab a picture off of your site... there was one which I thought was really good on there. As for the wig... yeah, I know... that was giving me problems too, though it's one of those wigs that's supposed to sit very high on your hairline. As for the armour... I really wouldn't know how to do that besides weather it somehow... and I don't know how to do *that*.
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Try using a wash of very, VERY thin black ink? That's how they weather armor for warhammer figures.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 12:25 AM   #5
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

thin black ink as in... diluting normal black ink? And how would you wash over it? cloth or sponge brush?