Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #31
khforeverfan

hai! Im a cosplayer and I have 3 cosplayers we live in Ocala which is basically 1.5 away from Orlando and tampa. ^~^ were looking for anyone who wants cosplays buds and someones to hangout at in a con were planning on going CGA , ShadoCon, and Swampcon and Hetalia Day in Tampa! for now we might go to other cons in the future^~^

add me in Fb https://www.facebook.com/rin.otaku.71
metrocon 2014
Shadocon 2014

DeviantArt: Khforeverfan
Fb:Rin otaku

(Is married to my Heichou *Sydney* <3)
khforeverfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #32
Zechs

Hey Florida-peeps,

If you've lived here a while, you've seen that the cosplay/con scene has grown HUGE in the past decade or so. Nowadays, we've got about 10x more conventions every year, but one thing I don't see as much of is organized meetups outside of cons. We used to do this quite a bit during the RisingSun.net days (Yep, that old), and we want to start this up again! So, to that end..

My meetup group, Banzai Pop, is hosting a free cosplay event/photoshoot on Saturday, September 28th at Lake Eola Park in Orlando. We're hoping to start doing these pretty frequently to give cosplayers an outlet outside of the cons. If you're an interested photographer or cosplayer, please check out the event on facebook or our meetup site. You don't have to be a member to attend, but we hope you'll join if you have fun!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1423298384561290/

http://www.meetup.com/banzaipop
Zechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #33
orias
Lady Lust

woohoo Tampa cosplayer here
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #34
TaliaRosalie
I am AWESOME OTTER.

Well poo. I was hoping you were closer to the Tallahassee area. Seems like cosplaying up in a major college town is rare.
Red Mage - FF Tactics Advance/A2
Porom - FFIV
Jinx - LoL
WoCA Evening Gown - Christa Renz - SnK
WoCA Red Jacket, Blue Jacket - Christa Renz - SnK
Christmas Hungary - APH
Christmas Christa Renz - SnK

Upcoming Cons & Cosplays:
Holiday Matsuri 2014 - X-Mas Hungary/Belgium; WoCA: Christa Renz - Evening Gown; X-Mas Christa Renz
FreeCon 2015 - TBA
MetroCon 2015 - TBA
TaliaRosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
fizzlyn

Hello, I'm a new cosplayer! I live in Tallahassee and I might be going to Freecon or ALT*Con in April, but I'll definitely be going to Metrocon next summer.
fizzlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #36
eLlimists
Limitless

Aloha!

I live in Orlando and cosplay when I can.
Fairly new to it but love it and have a blast doing it.

I've been to MegaCon twice, just recently attended Dragon*Con, and am doing NYCC in a few weeks.

I plan on attending MegaCon, SDCC, & GenCon next year as well as several others in between.

I work a lot but never sleep...soooo Yeah!

Willing to meet up and help each other out, or do group cosplay, work ideas, notes, techniques, etc.

My cosplays have been fairly simple to date but I plan on doing something amazing for NYCC.
Unread 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #37
Vylocka

I was planning on doing two cosplays for Megacon, Katarina from LoL and Lilith from Borderlands. Would anyone be interested in creating a group for either of them?
Vylocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #38
mockforce

Hey, I'm new to this forum and cosplay in general, so let me know if there is a good area for noobs.

I live in the Tampa Area and my wife and I dressed as genderswap punisher and rogue for the last TBCC, see the avatar picture. We had a blasty blast and are interested in making more costumes and attending more cons. We know we will be going to the Orlando Megacon in march and I'm right now brainstorming ideas for our next costume. We'd be really happy to join up with someone else for a group cosplay. The sooner we get a good ideas the sooner I can start making a costume to fit with whatever someone else needs to compliment their costume.

I'm interested in most classic comic characters, cult films, a few popular animes (Miyazaki films, DBZ), and science fiction. I also really like costumes that are a twist on characters (genderswaps, creative stormtroopers, Zombie + anything, that sort of thing). Anyway, let me know if any of you out there have a good idea, need another player, or anything like that.
mockforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #39
ItsTroy

Hihi! I'm a cosplayer in St. Petersburg, which is right over the bridge from Tampa. I haven't seen many cosplayers or even Anime fans in general around here, but maybe they are just hiding~

Anyways, I'm planning to go to Shadocon, Chibi Pa and maybe even Holiday Matsuri this year if my wallet permits. I am a six year vet to Metrocon though, with only last year being the first year I cosplayed. I have some interesting characters planned out, but my sewing and sculpting skills have not been maxed yet so I'm having a bit of a hard time.

With Shadocon getting somewhat close, I'd like to meet up with some people and make some memories there. Hit me up on FB if you wanna talk about anything Anime: https://www.facebook.com/troy.wilcox.585
ItsTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #40
eLlimists
Limitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylocka View Post
I was planning on doing two cosplays for Megacon, Katarina from LoL and Lilith from Borderlands. Would anyone be interested in creating a group for either of them?
I'm planning on doing a Twisted Fate cosplay from LoL. Perhaps some other characters too. I really like Kayle so maybe a genderswapped one (since i'm a guy).

Anyhow, totally down for forming some sort of LoL cosplay group.

I'm not really into borderlands though.

Oh! If anyone thinks it'd be cool...i'd like to get 155 people together for a massive all-for-one Pokemon cosplay. 151 for the first 151 pokemon. 152-154 for ash/misty/brock, and 155 for that indigo scrambled pokemon that was on the old red/blue GB games.
I think it'd be a hilarious and relatively simple cosplay to pull off.

Maybe we should start a MegaCon thread somewhere?
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #41
TaliaRosalie
I am AWESOME OTTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzlyn View Post
Hello, I'm a new cosplayer! I live in Tallahassee and I might be going to Freecon or ALT*Con in April, but I'll definitely be going to Metrocon next summer.
There happens to be a tiny con in Crystal River next Saturday, if you're interested in that.

I plan on going, especially if my cosplay gets here in time. But that's awesome that you're in Tallahassee!
Red Mage - FF Tactics Advance/A2
Porom - FFIV
Jinx - LoL
WoCA Evening Gown - Christa Renz - SnK
WoCA Red Jacket, Blue Jacket - Christa Renz - SnK
Christmas Hungary - APH
Christmas Christa Renz - SnK

Upcoming Cons & Cosplays:
Holiday Matsuri 2014 - X-Mas Hungary/Belgium; WoCA: Christa Renz - Evening Gown; X-Mas Christa Renz
FreeCon 2015 - TBA
MetroCon 2015 - TBA
TaliaRosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #42
fizzlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaRosalie View Post
There happens to be a tiny con in Crystal River next Saturday, if you're interested in that.
Sadly I won't be able to go to that!! I won't have my Kou cosplay ready until next month anyway, haha.
fizzlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #43
YJCosplayChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLlimists View Post
I'm planning on doing a Twisted Fate cosplay from LoL. Perhaps some other characters too. I really like Kayle so maybe a genderswapped one (since i'm a guy).

Anyhow, totally down for forming some sort of LoL cosplay group.

I'm not really into borderlands though.

Oh! If anyone thinks it'd be cool...i'd like to get 155 people together for a massive all-for-one Pokemon cosplay. 151 for the first 151 pokemon. 152-154 for ash/misty/brock, and 155 for that indigo scrambled pokemon that was on the old red/blue GB games.
I think it'd be a hilarious and relatively simple cosplay to pull off.

Maybe we should start a MegaCon thread somewhere?
I started one, go to my forum posts and you'll see it

YJCosplayChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #44
LadyLoki92

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJCosplayChick View Post
I also go to MegaCon every year:P What kind of cosplays do you do?
I do a lot of genderbends. I'm currently working on a Fem seto kaiba and Fem Venom. I've done loki and ice queen from adventure time.
LadyLoki92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

I go to Megacon every year. I'd love to try a southern con like Metro, but the funds just arent there. I'm in the Lake County/Leesburg area. If you're close, come have sewing days with me?

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 80%- Sleeves are attached!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Future - Planned
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote