Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Cosplay.com Picnic II

Unread 04-15-2004, 06:39 PM   #31
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall
LOL..well looks like Admin just updated everything goin on so "props" are ok, but "real weapons" are not....yay!
Just to clarify, "prop weapons" are NOT ok. Oi this thing gets more confusing the more I have to clarify it. LOL
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2004, 06:43 PM   #32
DorkyVash
The Pancake Ninja

*attacks using a giant thing of Spam Musubi*
DorkyVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #33
Squall
Woo-Hoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
Just to clarify, "prop weapons" are NOT ok. Oi this thing gets more confusing the more I have to clarify it. LOL

@_______________@ ok no props then!! X___X *dies* my poor Gunblade ;_;
Unread 04-15-2004, 11:20 PM   #34
ACXchan
I sink you now!

If you're really unsure about your prop but feel the prop would greatly enhance your costume why not just bring it anyway and get Admin or Aeris and co. opinion in person. If they think the prop is a liability you can always just put it back in your car ^ ^;
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 11:34 PM   #35
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I was tempted in bringing Hibiki Takane(Capcom vs. SNK 2) to crossplay since i'm not wearing her at Sakuracon the weekend after, but I didn't want to fly the cane-sword or even the sword-sheath with me. Even then that wooden sheath would count as a weapon, and Hibiki isn't the same w/o her trusty cane-sword..

Ah, well.. Fanime will come soon enough for more bright-orange uniformed, silent, sword-slahing, samurai-girl fun!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 02:12 AM   #36
Gatack
Henshin!

I know this is a stupid question but I must ask it anyway to save myself anymore anxiety surrounding this event...(lets just say work made me jump through hoops to get the day off)

Anyways, my crossplay is Zoro from One Piece...and it's really hard to be Zoro without 3 swords.

The ones I use are just the plastic ones you buy at the costume stores(they were so cheezy, I had to paint 2 of blades silver). I just really want a clear answer if these are a no or a yes to bring?

*bows* Thank you for your time!

Summer Socal Picnic~Check!
Ani-Magic~Check!
ALA~Check!
Spring Socal Picnic~Check!
Fanime~Check!
Anime-expo~

The Shadow Deviant

Last edited by Gatack : 04-16-2004 at 02:21 AM.
Gatack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 03:00 AM   #37
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakujou_Muse
I know this is a stupid question but I must ask it anyway to save myself anymore anxiety surrounding this event...(lets just say work made me jump through hoops to get the day off)

Anyways, my crossplay is Zoro from One Piece...and it's really hard to be Zoro without 3 swords.

The ones I use are just the plastic ones you buy at the costume stores(they were so cheezy, I had to paint 2 of blades silver). I just really want a clear answer if these are a no or a yes to bring?

*bows* Thank you for your time!
No, these would be considered "fake" weapons which are not allowed. No weapons, real or fake.

To everyone: the moment a cop sees you running around with a sword or fake gun 100 feet away, the last thing he's going to say to himself is "it's ok, he must be cosplaying."
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #38
DorkyVash
The Pancake Ninja

No Bows No Blades. Leave Your Weapons Here.
Unread 04-16-2004, 04:26 PM   #39
stefaniecat
Camera Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
To everyone: the moment a cop sees you running around with a sword or fake gun 100 feet away, the last thing he's going to say to himself is "it's ok, he must be cosplaying."
::cracks up::

Unless the person was in some crazy outfit with wild hair and was surrounded by winged people with freaky apendages and other elements of out of this world anime... then he might say "It's an anime gang!" and call for back up first. After all, fans are dangerous.

serriously, I remember when some nutso ran thorugh a supermarket with a sword a while back - he killed someone, wounded several others... it was in the papers... people are crazy.
stefaniecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #40
Squall
Woo-Hoo!!!

yeah it was right there in Irvine inside an Albertsons which I have been too.....@_@
Unread 04-16-2004, 05:44 PM   #41
Clueless Case
unce unce unce!

It's ppl like that who blow things for us....-mutters-

Taking Wig Commissions
Clueless Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2004, 01:34 AM   #42
NoLable721
They call me Chibi

This this mean, no shootable pinwheel?
Unread 04-17-2004, 03:10 AM   #43
DorkyVash
The Pancake Ninja

What if I bring my magic Grimore... I promise not to cast or summon anything evil...
Unread 08-26-2004, 08:50 AM   #44
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!

ive heard of people bringing unloaded guns to cons ! thats a no no in my book
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 06:01 AM   #45
the aj
pronounced "adge"

This is a very tricky issue indeed... case in point, two guns I have. One is a very real Beretta Model 92 handed down to me, and the other is an airsoft pistol of the same make and model, purchased for 20 bucks. The airsoft gun was a clear plastic piece when I bought it; after about an hour of disassembly, primer, and paint work with a (cheap) airbrush, it became a strikingly convincing Beretta. At arm's length, I find it hard to tell the two pistols apart. Under closer inspection, the only apparent difference is that the real gun has red around the safety button, and the lever that tells you there's a chambered bullet. Even my friends who airsoft the hell out of each other every weekend were a bit frosty initally. It's all in fun of course, but it just goes to show that even "gray area" has its bounds. How do you make rules within reason that seperate a gun such as mine, with say, an uprepped 2-dollar cap gun? Glad the decision's not up to me.
the aj is offline   Reply With Quote