Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Closed Thread
Unread 08-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Shadowken

Why was this deleted? mykaios fate/cosplay unprofessional

Not sure why this was taken down when no one's commissions have been completed and sent to anyone but im re posting it. Just going to quote from my first thread

"I need help. I have asked Fate/Cosplay (Mykaios) to commission a cosplay for me and it total i have spent around $450 to have it made. I expected it to be made for a con thats happened over 40 days ago and i still have nothing here. She told me the problems of rain but it has not rained in her area for 40 days and nights. I am trying to get a refund but she told me to send it as a gift to make the processed for pay pal to go faster in transactions. I had her contacts on facebook and because im cautious and constantly worried and now she has unfriended me so i will not know the processes at all. The con is over and done with and there's no telling if i will ever go back to one. I now just want a refund and she's refusing to do so. I don't want it remade for the con i wanted it made for is over and done with. Seems i can't get a refund through paypal because its been over 45 days. Can someone please help me? Trust and anxiety pushes it for me if i do not keep in contact and or updated. I also spent an extra 50 for shoes i had mailed to her home so in total i am out Five Hundred dollars. Paypal won't help me and now my bank will not help me. Her customer service is the worst i have ever experienced."

And others

"I am with you here with this commissioner. I am still waiting for a cosplay I commissioned and sent first payment for last August, with a signed contract for completion of February 2013. The package was supposedly mailed July 1st, and yet the Post Office says no package was brought to them! It was supposedly sent Express Mail with insurance, so she could have easily started taking steps for a refund by now. Plus, I have not heard from her regarding what she intends to do to remedy the situation. I had posted about this situation previously, and interestingly enough Cosplay.com removed the post!

Fortunately, there is an option if all else fails: if you keep all of your e-mails and other proof of trying to work with this commissioner, you can try to pursue an Internet crime complaint here: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
That is what I am going to do ASAP by this coming Monday."

"I'm in the exact same situation; I commissioned her for a full SA "Avengers" Loki cosplay late last year (September/October), and like Soul Siren above, had the signed contract stating completion for Portland Comic Con, February 2013. That con deadline came and went with no cosplay, and this repeatedly happened when, in attempting to be patient and understanding, I was tacitly - if reluctantly - willing to shift the deadline back even to Sakura Con (Easter Weekend) and then Fan Expo Vancouver, in April. For the latter, I was promised that I would "absolutely" have it in time. I did not.

I have seen no in progress pictures whatsoever, and only one teensy, small photo of fabric swatches. In repeatedly expressing my concerns and disappointments, she has offered a great many excuses as to why I have not seen even a single in-progress picture of the costume itself over these past many months, but as it stands right now I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what is the state of my cosplay - for which I have paid *$900* thus far to her, and an additional $200 for other costume elements which were subsequently shipped to her for inclusion in the cosplay. You can imagine my extreme state of consternation, dismay, anguish and profound disappointment, as a result.

In my most recent contact from her, she "promised" that I would have it in time for my "absolute must-have deadline" prior to Dragon*Con. I wish I could trust in that, but after all this, I feel that I quite simply cannot do so; this whole experience has been extremely scarring and devastating - a real heartbreak for me, in truth, just as it's even also very negatively impacted my cosplaying confidence in general. I have attempted at every turn to be as (superhumanly) patient and understanding as possible, since I well know how the unforseen can crop up; however, there are limits.

Moreover, as a powerful contrasting example, I commissioned the scepter/spear from Joy Sutton, original contact made here on the forums, and she kept me constantly up to date with pictures and progress reports; she was wonderful all throughout, and when she delivered to me first the shorter scepter itself - it was magnificent, absolutely perfect. I mention that only to further illustrate the difference, and then some.

I was never aware at all of anything potentially negative with Mykaios (Fate/Cosplay), however, going into my commission; I checked the forums and all the feedback appeared entirely positive and commendable. It wasn't until it kept dragging on and on with no sign of completion, much less in-progress pictures or updates to that end, that I began hearing more and more negative feedback from others which, unfortunately, mirrored my own experience.

This whole experience has been so tremendously distressing and disappointing - and, as a Loki cosplayer (indeed, as a cosplayer in general) may I say also that it entirely breaks my heart. I don't know what state the cosplay is in, if any - and I have no idea what to do now....this truly is a new experience for me. "

"Oh my gosh, I'm in the EXACT same boat as you are. I ordered my cosplay in March and now it's past the deadline and still NOTHING. My convention is in 2 days.

I think I'm going to file a chargeback claim against her, because this is ridiculous."

Just a start. If anyone else has something to say re post it if you want.

DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD

And here's an update when i talked to her on 8/5/13 She said:
"I'll be back Sunday evening and will continue to ship things out that coming week.
So, expect yours by the 20/21st" Not sure why i can't get it on the same week she returns from the con. 12th-17th. Since she's not doing one day shipping like i wanted there's no telling how long it will take. If i expect it on the 20th or 21st that could be delayed to the week of sacanime or week after but whatever its better to get it a week before the con then a couple says before the con like she did before. I'll update everyone if i get it on the 20/21st or not. Even when i expected it on the day i quoted her multiple times. "The 24th last month" So like i said better to get it a week before the con. once more DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD. If this thread is deleted i will keep fighting to get what i paid for. Including reposting threads.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-06-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Unread 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
GodKing_Jedi

I agree. Absolutely no reason the original thread should have been deleted. Starting to look more than mightily suspicious when this keeps happening....! This is a commissioner review forum. This thread is precisely what this forum is meant for!
Unread 08-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

The original thread was probably deleted because it was edging on harassment. Yes you can be upset that you didn't get your costumes, but a lot of the behavior was incredibly unprofessional and disgusting.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Shadowken

Still going to continue bringing this to the table. Disgusting? I don't see how. Other then a post quoting what was said in an email that's all i saw that was "disgusting" But whatever. Not going to complain about that and continue pushing forward to the reason at hand. Delayed commissions that are months and to some a year late with no sight of return. Once again Delayed commissions and nothing more.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaladyoflight View Post
The original thread was probably deleted because it was edging on harassment. Yes you can be upset that you didn't get your costumes, but a lot of the behavior was incredibly unprofessional and disgusting.
I have to agree with this. Yes, she messed up and caused every party involved headaches. But, in my opinion it was WAY out of line for some of you to blatantly attack and abuse her when she was posting in the thread trying to work things out. Contacting her in multiple outlets and expecting her to answer in every one. Nitpicking parts of her post to twist around into an attack, harassing her to finish your costume first 'or else', and calling her a scammer even after getting full explanations and reassurance.
You should only go on a review thread to say she missed a deadline AFTER asking her why. Things happen, sometimes at inconvenient times. But to not ask her why and instead go and complain is childish and makes you look ignorant.
Yes, you don't have your commission after however long and it sucks ass. But learn to be adults about the situation. As she's said before, this kind of behavior doesn't help her get your costumes to you.
While I do think this thread should stay up as a lesson for commissioners about taking on too many things at once, please don't let it devolve into the past one.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Shadowken

Standing by with what i said before. Don't care what your opinions are. Point is me and others are still waiting after months of waiting and hundreds spent. The email she got from whomever was indeed out of line but i as well as others are not responsible for that email. Once again Delayed commissions and nothing more.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-06-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

In looking through the logs, the original poster of the thread (shadowken) had requested that the thread be deleted last month in two of the posts, including in an edit to the first post that said (here's the relevant portion):

"Update. Mods and Admin. Delete my thread as it is being worked out."

This message was also repeated in a post a few posts later.

I'm assuming a mod stumbled upon the thread, read the request from the thread starter, and removed the thread since the thread starter requested it.

This is also a prime example of why it's a bad idea to pile on other complaints to another person's complaint. If the original thread starter requests for a thread to be removed, or asks to delete their account and requests all of their posts to be deleted, your post replies to their threads end up going with it. You should always start your own thread.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowken View Post
Still going to continue bringing this to the table. Disgusting? I don't see how. Other then a post quoting what was said in an email that's all i saw that was "disgusting" But whatever. Not going to complain about that and continue pushing forward to the reason at hand. Delayed commissions that are months and to some a year late with no sight of return. Once again Delayed commissions and nothing more.
Commissioners are people too.

She has her own life. She has a ton of commissions to finish for people who have upcoming cons they want to wear them to. If you do? Great. You should have told her so she can prioritize your costume with others. She can't work on everything at one time. She has to eat, sleep, work, get more materials, perhaps get ill, LIVE, and god forbid go to a con! Blasphemy! She should be working on my things instead of enjoying a weekend!
You don't seem to be listening to her or respecting the fact that she's a person who has to do things just like you. You seem to expect her to instantly make things better. You don't talk to her about anything, then complain here no matter what she says to you.
It's childish, and you need to stop.
I know it sucks. My first commission was delayed six months. Why haven't I complained? Because I talked to her, learned why, and understand that she has life to deal with too. And I got my costume in the mail, and it was beautiful. Just because there's a delay doesn't mean it's a scam. It means shit happens. Learn what's going on, be an adult and drop your grudge against her long enough to give her a chance.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
Shadowken

Yeah great story tom. Not everyone will be like you and react to it the same way. If i leave this alone i guarantee it will not be resolved and she will walk away free. If you don't like this go to another thread. I WILL keep fighting till i get what i payed for. She said and i quote "I will get it by the 20th or 21st this month" So i will leave it at that. Good or bad news i will update those who are in the same situation. Once again the only thing that was disgusting was that email and this will continue to be ONLY about delayed commissions and hundreds spent and nothing more.
@Admin Indeed but a later post after the update also stated "Majority rules" And to "keep it up." But anyway. Keep this one up until everyone has their problem with her situated. Only giving updates on what they are waiting for. If she fails to do what she promised or let the followers know she did what she said she would and confirm its been resolved.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
GodKing_Jedi

There are, of course, those of us who laid out our legitimate and ongoing concerns/grievances in a manner not inflammatory, much less in any fashion which could be construed as attacking or "harassment". Those of us who did not comport ourselves thus - yet who had then, and continue to have, those legitimate grievances as aforementioned - should not be unfairly judged nor tarred by the behaviour of those others...particularly when those issues have long remained troubling.
Unread 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

I agree that this thread should NOT be deleted, at least for the moment. The commissioner review thread has not be updated in ages, and a comissionee looking for a commissioner will miss out on the bad reviews posted in the commissioner review thread unless they decide to read the WHOLE thing. Once the list has been updated, than it would be appropriate to delete this thread. For right now this thread should stay to protect others looking for a commissioner.

Just my two cents.

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
be an adult
Yes! Which is why I, for one, am frustrated about my own commission experience with Mykaios. Multiple times this commissioner has said she would take action to make things right. Time and time again, dates for mailing out packages gets pushed back. My commission from her is now 6 months past the agreed upon deadline, despite a completed signed contract. I have been as understanding about the situation for as long as I could, but the fact that she continued taking other commissions that are now also unfulfilled is a problem.

Adults are expected to be professional and work to make things right. Adults work with their customers and use proper time management to get projects done. Adults are also expected to provide good customer service. If you tell a customer you are going to do something, then you do it. Do not leave a customer hanging on empty promises to deliver. Do not say you mailed out a package when it was not mailed out. Do not repeatedly promise you are going to get an item completed by a certain time, and then fail to do so each time.

No doubt unexpected things do happen in life, and things get delayed! I know all about it! I am a working adult who has worked overtime every week for at least the past year. At the same time, I was a seller on eBay with at least 700 positive reviews to my name. On top of that, I have family obligations and the desire to have some sort of a social life. I work in a medical office, and trust me, there are no excuses accepted there. You either do it right, or you work even harder to make it right and never make the mistake again. That is what being an adult is about!

When there are several people coming forward with similar problems on not receiving their commissions from the same commissioner, it's an issue that potential customers need to know about on these forums.
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
Wolfmeisterrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Siren View Post
Yes! Which is why I, for one, am frustrated about my own commission experience with Mykaios. Multiple times this commissioner has said she would take action to make things right. Time and time again, dates for mailing out packages gets pushed back. My commission from her is now 6 months past the agreed upon deadline, despite a completed signed contract. I have been as understanding about the situation for as long as I could, but the fact that she continued taking other commissions that are now also unfulfilled is a problem.

Adults are expected to be professional and work to make things right. Adults work with their customers and use proper time management to get projects done. Adults are also expected to provide good customer service. If you tell a customer you are going to do something, then you do it. Do not leave a customer hanging on empty promises to deliver. Do not say you mailed out a package when it was not mailed out. Do not repeatedly promise you are going to get an item completed by a certain time, and then fail to do so each time.

No doubt unexpected things do happen in life, and things get delayed! I know all about it! I am a working adult who has worked overtime every week for at least the past year. At the same time, I was a seller on eBay with at least 700 positive reviews to my name. On top of that, I have family obligations and the desire to have some sort of a social life. I work in a medical office, and trust me, there are no excuses accepted there. You either do it right, or you work even harder to make it right and never make the mistake again. That is what being an adult is about!

When there are several people coming forward with similar problems on not receiving their commissions from the same commissioner, it's an issue that potential customers need to know about on these forums.
This. Entirely.
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Giyari
A gentleman and a scholar

Ladies and gentlemen, it is clear that the cosplay community is clearly against us. Any post against this commissioner is being met with extreme hostility.

Basically, posting here is futile, no one is on our side.

I personally have given up, she can keep my money, because well she already spent it.

In the last post, before Mykaios edited her post, she demanded that Shadowken's friend owes her an apology, if this person is the one who sent the threatening email, that person should get on that. Attacks like that hurt everyone's case.

These threads keep getting deleted , I think it's a sign to lay off before bad things happen to us.

Final Fantasy XI, Scholar Artifact Armor: 100% (retired)
Final Fantasy XI, Scholar Savant's Attire: 100%
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Black Mage Artifact Armor: 100%

Future conventions:

Anime Expo 2013
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

I'm posting only once and I'm not arguing or fighting with anyone so let's keep this clean and respectful.

I am currently, finishing up and getting ready to pack for Otakon - I leave in about 14 hours and will be up all 14 hours. I had posted previously numerous times that all I'll be focusing on is Otakon commissions. AFTER Otakon, I'll be going back to posting past due progress/completed pictures and continue to ship things out and completing what needs to be done for DragonCon (i.e. Loki). I still have a schedule to keep and cannot further get behind schedule.

In Soul Siren's, Giyari's and GodKing_Jedi's case - I have bought materials and made the costumes (still working on Loki). I managed to give Soul Siren some old progress photos (really terrible pictures... so she somewhat has an idea of the effort that has gone into her commission and much like Giyari's commission there's at least 40 hours of custom embroidery work not to mention digitizing the designs) which she may or may not have shared to Giyari since their commissions are a pairing although entirely separate transactions and commissions. And as it stands, all three have yet to pay me in full. I have yet to ask for them to complete their payments, mainly because I am behind and want to show them their completed commissions to assure them, that I did in fact make their commissions.

Therefore, at least some of you (especially those who have gotten pictures or previous commissions) should in no way think that I am a scam artist - I'm just behind and doing the best I can to catch up.

I do not disagree on the being an adult thing but I do believe and would like to add that being an adult is being responsible for your own actions and accepting responsibility as well as making mistakes and learning from them. All of which I have done and am working on to get everything caught up and in order.

The only reasons why any of the threads have been deleted is because of either the OP asking for it to be deleted (in this case without updating or deleting that particular post) or because of due to harassment either to me or someone else. There should be no grey area when it comes to harassment. Just because I am behind and trying to do my best to catch up doesn't give some (or any) of you any right to call me out on my every word, harass me to no end and interfere with my personal life. And i'd appreciate it if you contacted me - some of you have, some of you haven't.

I've already said that I'm working on it. I already said it was my fault and admitted my errors and so on. And again, I cannot catch up and do everything I have to do overnight. I am one person. I do not work the same way as you or someone else does. I do things differently, at my own pace, as quickly and effectively as I can. Just because I'm not replying to these threads anymore or getting things done in a split second the way everyone wants me to, doesn't mean I'm not trying and putting all my efforts into it.

Saying that you don't care what anyone else, including possibly admin or a mod says is ignorant and rude not to mention there is/was indeed some rule breakage.

On a side note, the person who sent that email was never mentioned and Shadowken should not be the blame as he is neither the sender or the friend of the sender.

Now, if you all excuse me, I still have work to do.
Closed Thread