Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Closed Thread
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
Shadowken

True it was no one i know who sent that email. Out of all the people i told about why i can't cosplay at future con's because of her, only one person knows her contacts and she's not the type to even send hate mail. If it was someone i know, i have no knowing of whom it was as no one told me they sent an email to her.

Were all "rude & ignorant" in some way shape or form, only difference is im not afraid to show it when it comes to important business. So don't try to one up yourself in the eyes of the public that why.
I'm pretty much being silent until the 20th or 21st as she said once more i will get it in the mail that time. Though she failed on the 24th i gave her space when she told me specifically that it was my fault alone no one got their costumes done. For a while now i only have talked to her privately once and it was short asking will i get mine "A week or two" before sacanime. And once more i will quote her

"I'll be back Sunday evening and will continue to ship things out that coming week.
So, expect yours by the 20/21st"

Not sure why she can't mail all completed work during 12th-17th >_>. Like the 24th last month and previous other failed promises im just waiting for her to fail and give another excuse. But im almost in the same life style as Soul Siren. I have to commute to work taking three bus's and a train to work. Taking two and a half to even three hours to get to work everyday as a computer technician or selling components on Ebay. I post pictures as well of the products "Every day" You can quote me on that by even talking to my boss. But no need to bring more people into this. Not only that but i work from home fixing peoples ipod's and "Always" get the job done on time getting little to no sleep. She says things like she's sick or its raining? So what. I had heart problems and colds in that time and i still did the work and mailed electronics off in the rain (Walking might i add, no car and no bus) ON TIME. I do whatever it takes because i give real promises to the customers (Something she does not). And i have not a single problem from them about the repairs.

Again im waiting on the 20th/21st to see her give another excuse. I'm even working extra hours this month on computers at work and ipods from home just so i have money for this con. But when she fails to actually give me what i've been waiting for. All that effort i've done this month have gone to waste and will take siren's idea and report her for internet crime. It's time to put this to rest. The moment her 20th/21st deadline is up and another excuse is made i will do whatever it takes to report her. She wants nothing to do with me anyway. No friendship, no future commissions. And like i told her before "The sooner i get what i paid for the sooner i will be out of her life for good." And still waiting for pictures she also promised and failed to keep.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Unread 08-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowken View Post
Again im waiting on the 20th/21st to see her give another excuse. I'm even working extra hours this month on computers at work and ipods from home just so i have money for this con. But when she fails to actually give me what i've been waiting for. All that effort i've done this month have gone to waste and will take siren's idea and report her for internet crime.
I'm honestly just curious when I ask this, I'm not taking sides/attacking you or anything, and it's really kind of irrelevant..but..If you think you're being scammed or you won't get a costume from her, why are you still planning your cons around having said costume? What's the logic in that? If you want to go to a con and work so hard to, go regardless! It's only an assumption, but I'm fairly sure you would have other costumes to wear.
I just really would like an explanation of this. O.o
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I'm honestly just curious when I ask this, I'm not taking sides/attacking you or anything, and it's really kind of irrelevant..but..If you think you're being scammed or you won't get a costume from her, why are you still planning your cons around having said costume? What's the logic in that? If you want to go to a con and work so hard to, go regardless! It's only an assumption, but I'm fairly sure you would have other costumes to wear.
I just really would like an explanation of this. O.o
From what it show's and others in pm's would agree you are in fact leaning on sides and not taking but anyway. If you read the full comment it says this is the last time and when she fails i will do what it takes to report her and so on. It was said in the other thread (Before deleted) why i only go to cons with a set of cosplay's its a me problem but im sure you will not understand and would like me to go more into debt with it. But before i go into the story i'll answer your other question. I only have one (1) costume that is warn out, out of date and pretty much to the other attendees of the con it does not look like a costume. Because of the vest someone even thought i worked at the hotel the con was host at. Haha >_> now to the reason of not going to the con without this costume im waiting for her to send.

The many years of going to cons without a costume i (Always) feel out of place or left out. The outcast feeling if you will. Because i don't relate to others being fans of mainstream anime. Or random/perverted/girly anime. I grew out of it but i still give it a chance trying to have reasons to get back into it like i was in high school. (Anime in general) I'm more interested in the culture excluding anime. I always feel before and after cons in the everyday life that i don't matter to anyone. I have little to no friends and no time for fun. Its always work. "Again its me with this feeling so just plain going to have a good time does not sit right for me" But the recent years i went to cons while cosplying (Mostly because of the prop) Many people complemented me (I get not a single compliment in the real world) People actually wanted to take pictures WITH me. I have little confidence in myself, im always negative with no reason to smile everyday but going to a con while cosplaying gives me confidence, it makes me happy, it gives me a feeling that people care and appreciate what im doing for a change. After my first con cosplaying i promised myself that every con i go to i will try to do better in costume's. But i have not changed a single thing recently because im still waiting on her. She as well as my inner thoughts are stopping me from going to cons. Its cosplay or nothing for me like i said in the other thread. Once more its a me thing and you possibly telling me to go have fun and blah blah won't change that. One reason for me to go to cons is to show support and the joy in cosplaying. I can't support or show joy in something i am still waiting to get in the mail for. The only options are. She gives me what i've been waiting for after failing to do so in one of the biggest cons in northern California, give me my money back or report her for failing to do so and refusing a refund.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-07-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #19
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

Going to say that I'm having no problems with here. She changed her page name a while back and I've been seeing commission photos go up. Yes, they aren't my particular commission but they are her work. She doesn't tend to keep her picture up to date since it says on her page that "Things I need to ship/take photos/deliver"

She has never once asked me to send something as a gift payment. That sounds really out of character for her since in emails I have from her she tells me about the money fee I need to cover. Mykaios seems to be busy, this is her full time job. For a while she had the lights out in her sewing room, lost her paypal credit card (she had to wait for that), and has gotten sick. I've seen posts where this girl is working on projects while she's sick.

People do have a hard time seeing commissioner are human also. They miss deadlines, get sick, and so on. One of my commissions *not from here* has taken years to complete. This is because of issues the commissioner had during the time of making it. Just because there are issues doesn't make them a scammer.

She sicks up for people on here, I have a hard time believing that she is a scammer. I have no issues from her, she has been wonderful.

I'm sure you'll get your costume on time, I've even known commissioners in the past that don't allow you to email them while they're working on your costume or they'll never work for you again. This is because constantly sending them emails takes time from them making costumes or whatever they happen to be doing. Just be glad she's not one of those.

Then again I'm someone that always looks on the positive side of things. Things will work out in the end.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014

Last edited by Lycoris Ousa : 08-09-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #20
Shadowken

Your one statement against loads of others still waiting for over due work. With hundreds spent on her and deadlines months late. Some people in this world will not think the same way as you or others and sit well with it. Did she ask you to defend her? She asked me to do the same last year when i first met her. I ignored all that was said about her. But everyone from the previous post i defended her in i now believe all of them. (If not well good for you) Its not going to be her full time job soon anyway. I myself saw her as "human" in fact i wanted to be friends with her but business came first. People in low income families (not all) take what they make and spend, seriously. We all could have spent our hard earned money on more important things such as family and friends, bills and so on. Yet we took the time to trust someone we do not know (Our mistake) but say's she can do it and on time to make something for us on a specific event we do not get to go to that often. I feel sorry for those who have cons that are only once a year and missed an opportunity to cosplay because of her. Once more i see her as human but she wants nothing to do with me anymore. No friendship, no business. Like i said before "The sooner i get what i paid for (Or Justice and not have her get away and make me miss two cons this year waiting for one costume) the sooner i'll be out of her life for good." But enough of my rant. I need to be silent and wait for her to fail on the (20th or 21st)

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-09-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #21
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

It's difficult to be patient, especially when your convention has long passed, or when we were promised that everything was going to be shipped out by a certain date. Been waiting for weeks. It's inexcusable. Yes, I have proof that my wig was made, but I did not receive it yet.

If a person can't keep up with commissions in a timely and professional manner, then they should not do them. Simple as that.

Camp Anime - September 2013
Connecticon - July 2014

My dA: http://owlity.deviantart.com/
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #22
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

No, I was not asked to defend her. I haven't spoke with her probably in a month or so. Not sure why you would believe that would happen.

As far as spending loads of money on a costume I spent $1500+ on the one that took 3 years to make missing 9 con deadlines. I guess that commission taught me to have patience and faith. Helping me see that not everyone that is late is a scammer.

Like I said I speak more with a positive attitude on things on rather look on the dark side. I suppose you can say that "innocence" or "ignorance" will get me into trouble one day, but I suppose we'll see.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014

Last edited by Lycoris Ousa : 08-09-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #23
Shadowken

Agreed aloof. Once again not everyone will react the same way as you or anyone else ousa. Clearly that's something you should already know. Not everyone has $1500+ to give away for clothes/props. Lets just wait and see what happens on the 20th or 21st. Lets just wait and see, Lets just wait and see (Lets just wait and see what she tells me on the 20th or 21st) You can defend her all you want. People still have been waiting and some including me have no proof its even done like she said it was. LETS. JUST. WAIT. AND. SEE. I know she will fail and i want her to prove me wrong.
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #24
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

Well at this point all you can do is wait isn't it?

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #25
Shadowken

No. I could go ahead and report her or start a case in court but im just going to wait for her next excuse.
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #26
Turtle528

Why was this deleted? mykaios fate/cosplay unprofessional

I don't usually get involved in situations like these; however, I believe like me, quite a few people have been following this ongoing situation, and something needs to be said here:

This is supposed to be a forum where people are able to speak their piece. Let it be so.
If you are fortunate enough to have had positive experiences with this commissioner and want to show support, simply state that fact. Tell people about your interaction and leave it at that. No one has the right to attack the posters who have had negative and legitimate issues with the commissioner. It becomes an issue of disrespect and utter disregard towards those documenting their experiences when this is being done. Documenting their negative interactions with her has no bearing on whether or not they have negative or positive attitudes. The attitudes are not what are in question here; it is their experiences, which they have every right to describe.

Trying to delegitimize their experiences does not aid in attempts to support the commissioner; if anything, it detracts from it. Just state the facts of your experience. Everyone reading this is more than capable of drawing their own conclusions, based on the information that has, and is being, presented. Arguing the commissioner's case is not for anyone other than the commissioner to do. This commissioner, like any other commissioner for that matter, should be quite capable of defending themselves.

On a side note, the postings here have in fact been respectful. The one post that was not (the email) was introduced by the commissioner. She chose to introduce a private message that was sent to her.

Just state the facts of the situation.

Last edited by Turtle528 : 08-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Quote:
No one has the right to attack the posters who have had negative and legitimate issues with the commissioner. It becomes an issue of disrespect and utter disregard towards those documenting their experiences when this is being done. Documenting their negative interactions with her has no bearing on whether or not they have negative or positive attitudes. The attitudes are not what are in question here; it is their experiences, which they have every right to describe.

Trying to delegitimize their experiences does not aid in attempts to support the commissioner; if anything, it detracts from it. Just state the facts of your experience. Everyone reading this is more than capable of drawing their own conclusions, based on the information that has, and is being, presented. Arguing the commissioner's case is not for anyone other than the commissioner to do. This commissioner, like any other commissioner for that matter, should be quite capable of defending themselves.

On a side note, the postings here have in fact been respectful. The one post that was not (the email) was introduced by the commissioner. She chose to introduce a private message that was sent to her.
Thank you, Turtle528. Seriously, thank you! I think I can safely say maturity and reasonable thinking is always welcome.

Last edited by Soul_Siren : 08-09-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoris Ousa View Post
Well at this point all you can do is wait isn't it?
When there is a contract signed by both customer and commissioner with an agreed upon completion date, then no. A completion date was agreed upon by both parties for the very purpose of avoiding missed deadlines as much as possible, as well as avoiding interruption of convention plans.

The ACParadise forums have an interesting post on the subject of how a commission should go, if anyone is interested. I'd like to point out #8 in particular.
http://www.acparadise.com/forums/vie...hp?f=35&t=8018

I also like this quote from the post:
Quote:
The important thing is to both specifically agree on what will happen and have it in writing and then DO IT. Don't make excuses, don't change your mind, both of you have entered into a legal agreement.
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #29
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

I think the whole dynamic of this topic needs to be re thought. I feel like it's boarder lining everyone just attacking each other. person is upset they didn't get their item, one person has a positive experience, the persons gets offended. You're experiences with the commissioner is erealivant unless you're having the same experience.

I don't really see how this is going to help the case of anyone. More over it seems someone left and you're still addressing what she said. Just wait for the update or as it appears for the commissioner gets back. Anyways best if luck to everyone

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru

Last edited by Endrea : 08-09-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
GodKing_Jedi

Oh, it's not just one person upset they don't yet have the item for which they paid, in all good faith and confidence, only to be continually and regrettably denied, disappointed and generally stymied at every turn. No, not even remotely is it just one person.... This thread as it is, now, currently exists - among other reasons why- to serve as very apt and deserved warning to others. Would only that I'd had something like it from the outset; I'm only too acutely aware of all the grief and stress which would thus have been avoided.
Closed Thread