Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Closed Thread
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

I never said it was just one person effected. I even to go to mention if your experience has nothin to do with this experience it's not important. Said best of luck to all involved. The one person thing was pointed to how this thread seemed to have stated

Then again this goes to my thing of "someone makes a statement, someone takes it the wrong way" from my last post. *sigh*

I have been scammed many of times. So I do know the pain

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru

Last edited by Endrea : 08-09-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Unread 08-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #32
GodKing_Jedi

I certainly didn't take your statement at all in the wrong way, rest assured....lest you think I did; that certainly wasn't the case. I understand what you were expressing and I very much thank you for it.... This is the first smacking-of-"scammy" (to coin a phrase) commission experience I've ever had, and I must say that it is immensely scarring. But then, when is it not, and this too I'm sure you've doubtless found....
Unread 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #33
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Getting scammed is never a good experience, it took me years before I started commissioning again think I was scammed out if $600 or so. I had to fight paypal like heck because it was over the 45 days. Like I said best of luck to everyone.

Though I do wonder why the author of the "what to expect when commissioning" thread would be doing this. Not to say she's not because there is clearly something not right, though I can't accuse since I'm not in a transaction with her.

Sorry to have randomly jumped in ><

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru

Last edited by Endrea : 08-09-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #34
Shadowken

Her con is over and i hope she had a good time. But its time to get back to business. Still no pictures of so called completed work expecting to be sent in the mail NEXT WEEK 20th/21st. Just updating people that are not following her. She claims to be too busy to post pictures but she's posting videos of others.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-12-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #35
HoudinisGirl

I too am having issues with this commissioner, and I feel very silly indeed because it could have been easily avoided if I'd just used my head and not bought the item in the first place.

I entered a giveaway on her page earlier this year for her custom My Little Pony scarves. My two step-daughters love MLP and I thought it would be cool if I won scarves for them. Long story short, I won the contest and was supposed to get 3 scarves. I ordered a 4th one and paid $37.64 for it (scarf + shipping costs) on her Etsy store. She stated I would be receiving the scarves in about 2 weeks.

This was March 15th.

Since then, I have seen her Facebook posts. I have seen posts talking about how she can't walk to the post office because it's raining, and how the post office has allegedly lost several of her commissioned items. I believe she might have had a similar issue with Fed-Ex or UPS, but I can't recall exactly. At one point this summer I just thought, "Wow. There is no way one person can have this much bad luck with mailing items." I am a writer and I frequently mail books to my readers through USPS. I've never had a single book get lost in 2.5 years of doing this.

Keep in mind, I have tried to be understanding about the delay in receiving my scarves. It was summer so I knew we didn't technically need the scarves, although my girls could have used them several times this summer during camping trips where it got chilly at night, and one instance where we toured a mine that was 50 degrees. But really, is that relevant? Does it matter what I'm planning on using my scarf for, or when I'm planning on using it, especially considering I only ordered the 4th scarf because the commissioner hosted her own giveaway and selected me as a winner?

Today I finally asked for a refund of the scarf I paid for. The commissioner refused. Apparently it is a store policy that she does not give refunds- even when the item has not been received. She says she'll get the items to me in time for the cold weather, but how are those words any less empty than the words she spoke before? What about the two-week promise she gave 5 months ago?

I'm not here to bash anyone or crucify the commissioner. I just want my money back. For all those people who are telling the OP to "be an adult" and get over it- I disagree completely. Yes, people have lives. I have 4 kids, am enrolled in college full-time, and have a writing career on top of that. Life gets crazy for me, too. But I meet my deadlines. I don't tell my college professors, "You'll have to wait for that essay. You need to be an adult and realize that I have a life." No. I have respect for their deadlines and their expectations of me. THAT is being an adult.

I'm very sorry to the OP who has gone through so much grief. I have, at this point, written off my $37.64, but I would not have caved so easily had the amount been as high as yours.
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #36
Ketania

Has anyone gotten any updates yet?
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #37
Shadowken

Still haven't got mine and has not been mailed yet. I talked to her yesterday and she said i will get it before the con. The con is next week. I'm going to ask her for updates again tomorrow. I'm trusting her once more so we will see what happens.
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #38
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketania View Post
Has anyone gotten any updates yet?
I have had no updates since she returned from Otakon nor have I received notification of shipment yet. I saw on her Facebook page that she posted 3 progress photos of my cosplay, which are the same photos she sent me a month ago.

I was told my cosplay would ship this week. As long as she gets it mailed out, and I get tracking information and shipment confirmation before the end of August, I will not need to take further measures.

I am hoping for the best for all of us involved in this situation.

Last edited by Soul_Siren : 08-22-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
GodKing_Jedi

She claims that she will be mailing my Loki cosplay to the Hilton hotel in ATL in time for D*C - she's even said that she has apparently told some of her friends to look for me, in the Loki. I expect an active and working tracking number, confirmation that it has in fact been sent, though in truth I will bring myself to believe it really if-and-until, and especially only, when I see it. Because....yeah. Otherwise, as you say....
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #40
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

Update: I got my wig in the mail yesterday!!

Camp Anime - September 2013
Connecticon - July 2014

My dA: http://owlity.deviantart.com/
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #41
Shadowken

Update. She said she mailed mine today but i have yet to get a tracking number. She said she will give it when she gets to her desk after doing arons. That was said around 2pm my time. Its now 11pm my time and 2am her time and i still have no tracking number. I don't think she's still doing arons but whatever moving on. Also she said that my costume came with everything and later told me its missing something. (Gloves) -_- The con is next Friday. Not planning on ordering gloves till i get that working track number.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-23-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #42
Wolfmeisterrr

I've gotten nothing other then she "hopes" to ship it out the end of this month.
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #43
Shadowken

20 hours after she said she sent my costume i still have no tracking number and no message from her.

Update. She blocked me from messaging her on both facebook accounts so i can't get in contact to get any info at all.

Update i contacted her by email after she commented twice on her cosplay page. I don't trust her words as she said i will get it Monday yet she is giving long explinations in the email without a short tracking number. All im asking is that i have the WORKING tracking number. I know she wants me to leave her alone and its simple that once i get the working number i can go on with the rest of my life not bothering her. Just give me the tracking number and nothing else, thats all im asking. She now has time to post pictures the same hour i asked for the tracking number but i cant get 100% proof she sent it? I'm freaking out i don't trust her anymore all i want is the tracking number and nothing more. No explanations no excuse no argument nothing. Just the number. Last con of the year for me and missing its previous deadline so i have every right to worry and constantly ask for it.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-23-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #44
Wolfmeisterrr

I seriously wish she would ship both my cosplays and get me a tracking number but I guess since my con has passed my comissions is on the bottom of priorities for her.
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #45
Shadowken

Update. She said the tracking number is in her wallet. I'm assuming she's at home since she post pictures and is studying and quote eating. But she is refusing to go take a few steps to the desk to get the tracking number. My anxiety is at its max and now im thinking because i've bothered her so much with my costume she may have put another address on purpose and will not find out till Monday. That or she didn't send it at all and is just telling me she sent it. She says it will get here on monday but i need the tracking number so i can 100% know its true so i can continue with the plans. But im getting nothing! My heart is racing my palpitations are at a high level and is hurting! I just want the number!

Update: Over 30 hours after she said she mailed it i still have no tracking number. She blocked me from sending messages to her on both her Facebook pages and is possibly ignoring my emails if not blocking them. All i got was it will be here "Monday" but every time i ask for the tracking, an excuse is made. I will be taking the day off of work to wait for it in the mail.

Update. I sent her an email with another account asking for the tracking number about 15 hours ago. She's ignoring any contact i send her way.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-24-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Closed Thread