Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #46
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
Update...again -_- so its the same as before. Comments on the cosplay facebook page. Still not answering or giving the tracking number and still blocked. I'm just going to go ahead and assume she never mailed it. I'm filling out the internet crime files right now. Once more all i got was it will be there monday and once more she PROMISED i will get it Monday if she was so sure why not just give me the tracking number? Also when it does not come in the mail i can't tell her because once again she's blocked me. I've saved all our conversations before being blocked so if anyone wants to see them just let me know. But for now im reporting her for internet crime.
Shadowken is offline  
 
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #47
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowken View Post
Update...again -_- so its the same as before. Comments on the cosplay facebook page. Still not answering or giving the tracking number and still blocked. I'm just going to go ahead and assume she never mailed it. I'm filling out the internet crime files right now. Once more all i got was it will be there monday and once more she PROMISED i will get it Monday if she was so sure why not just give me the tracking number? Also when it does not come in the mail i can't tell her because once again she's blocked me. I've saved all our conversations before being blocked so if anyone wants to see them just let me know. But for now im reporting her for internet crime.
In my personal opinion, you should at least be waiting until Monday to file for any sort of crime.
I'm not saying she isn't scamming you, or lying to you, or whatever. I am trying not to be biased on the matter.
But, assuming she is genuine, you aren't her only customer. She has a lot more work to do. She's got to work on these costumes, and maybe, just maybe, she's only commenting on her Facebook page so she can let a larger number of people know their costumes are getting worked on.
Yes, it is entirely possible she is lying right through her teeth, and yes, it is entirely possible she didn't mail it out and is avoiding you. I don't know.
But you don't know that, either. Maybe she's not giving you the tracking number because she's super busy and honestly doesn't have the time. You probably aren't her first priority if your costume has been mailed out. Her priorities then would be taking care of herself, school, work (I can't remember if she got a job or not), and working on others' costumes. Some of them need to be done for Dragon*Con, in a week. She could just assume since she mailed it out that you'll be civil enough to receive it, and put you as not-a-priority right now. You have no idea what's actually going on, as much as you would like to believe it and antagonize her immediately because she has wronged you in the past.
I'm not saying you aren't being scammed. I'm not trying to be her white knight, and I'm not trying to jump down your throat or make you out to be an enemy of any sort. I'm just saying..you really couldn't have given her two more days to prove herself before you filed for a crime..because of not getting a tracking number? I don't get that. That's ridiculous to me.
I know I'm going to be bitched at and accused of being biased because of this..but whatever. I just think, no matter how many times you have been wronged by her, you should have still waited, just to see. If she didn't show up then..sure. Have at. Report her however much you want. But before she told you it would be there, just because she didn't give you a tracking number? Well..that seems silly to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 08-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline  
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #48
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
Meh its your opinion and you have the right to it. Standing more on her side or not. I know she's not as busy as she tells us because she's been saying it for months. Before she blocked me she sent many messages back but every time i sent a message simply asking for a list of numbers less then 30 characters, in return its sentences of not giving the info i asked for. That's all i want it takes only one minute to do. I am 100% sure she is not as busy as she says she is. My con is also this coming weekend, say whatever you want its your opinion. My actions may confuse you seem silly to you i don't care. I stand by my actions. If i get it Monday then i will simply apologies but i highly doubt i'll get it. This is me when i have 0% trust in people. I need to know exactly everything in the situation. This is me. Silly? I don't care.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-24-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Shadowken is offline  
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #49
Moonsong
daughter of evil
 
Moonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
In my personal opinion, you should at least be waiting until Monday to file for any sort of crime.
I'm not saying she isn't scamming you, or lying to you, or whatever. I am trying not to be biased on the matter.
But, assuming she is genuine, you aren't her only customer. She has a lot more work to do. She's got to work on these costumes, and maybe, just maybe, she's only commenting on her Facebook page so she can let a larger number of people know their costumes are getting worked on.
Yes, it is entirely possible she is lying right through her teeth, and yes, it is entirely possible she didn't mail it out and is avoiding you. I don't know.
But you don't know that, either. Maybe she's not giving you the tracking number because she's super busy and honestly doesn't have the time. You probably aren't her first priority if your costume has been mailed out. Her priorities then would be taking care of herself, school, work (I can't remember if she got a job or not), and working on others' costumes. Some of them need to be done for Dragon*Con, in a week. She could just assume since she mailed it out that you'll be civil enough to receive it, and put you as not-a-priority right now. You have no idea what's actually going on, as much as you would like to believe it and antagonize her immediately because she has wronged you in the past.
I'm not saying you aren't being scammed. I'm not trying to be her white knight, and I'm not trying to jump down your throat or make you out to be an enemy of any sort. I'm just saying..you really couldn't have given her two more days to prove herself before you filed for a crime..because of not getting a tracking number? I don't get that. That's ridiculous to me.
I know I'm going to be bitched at and accused of being biased because of this..but whatever. I just think, no matter how many times you have been wronged by her, you should have still waited, just to see. If she didn't show up then..sure. Have at. Report her however much you want. But before she told you it would be there, just because she didn't give you a tracking number? Well..that seems silly to me.
I get what you're trying to say, but honestly? If someone is too busy/sick/tired/etc. to where it becomes a habitual problem for their customers, they need to not be taking on so many commissions (or not commissioning at all). Period.

That said, shadowken, I do think you're overreacting a bit in terms of not getting a tracking number within two days. It will probably do you little good, anyway, because 90% of the time they don't even update the damn things (at least that has been my experience.) It does seem strange that she would block you from messaging her though if indeed all your contact with her as of late has been amicable.

I hope you all get this sorted out.
__________________

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline  
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #50
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
I get what you're trying to say, but honestly? If someone is too busy/sick/tired/etc. to where it becomes a habitual problem for their customers, they need to not be taking on so many commissions (or not commissioning at all). Period.

That said, shadowken, I do think you're overreacting a bit in terms of not getting a tracking number within two days. It will probably do you little good, anyway, because 90% of the time they don't even update the damn things (at least that has been my experience.) It does seem strange that she would block you from messaging her though if indeed all your contact with her as of late has been amicable.

I hope you all get this sorted out.
I agree with you on that. I'm not trying to justify her actions. I was only stating that there could be a reason she hasn't given him the tracking number. Is it a good reason? No. But it really doesn't matter. I still feel he was overreacting and jumping the gun since it was over a tracking number and not a missed deadline.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline  
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #51
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
To me, not getting the tracking number is a sign that she did not mail it in but simply told me what i wanted to hear so i could calm down. Ending result, sign that she will miss the fourth (4th) deadline she promised. I can trust the tracking number (or something in the database) more then her because there will be actual proof other then her words that have failed 99% of the time. Over react you say? That may be but i have every right to when someone lies more then three times on deadlines, posting actual pictures, keeping updates and be on time like she said she would.
Shadowken is offline  
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #52
ChaosFoxCostuming
Registered User
 
ChaosFoxCostuming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 956
I feel like this thread has more took a turn for harassment.
ChaosFoxCostuming is offline  
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #53
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
Think whatever you want. All i wanted was a simple quick to send tracking number. now im blocked. Cant harass someone who i can't send a message to. On top of that, how will i get in contact when i don't get it huh? I stand by with my actions as its not even putting a dint in her. She's still living her life, she's not becoming mentally unstable due to our (or my) reports. Its not stopping her from eating,going to school, work or anything. If you delete this i will still continue to fight this. Like i said before. If i get it tomorrow i will apologies but i have every right to act the way i am now. Not sympathizing with the emotion, joining sides based on text nor taking pity for such will not help.
Shadowken is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #54
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowken View Post
Think whatever you want. All i wanted was a simple quick to send tracking number. now im blocked. Cant harass someone who i can't send a message to. On top of that, how will i get in contact when i don't get it huh? I stand by with my actions as its not even putting a dint in her. She's still living her life, she's not becoming mentally unstable due to our (or my) reports. Its not stopping her from eating,going to school, work or anything. If you delete this i will still continue to fight this. Like i said before. If i get it tomorrow i will apologies but i have every right to act the way i am now. Not sympathizing with the emotion, joining sides based on text nor taking pity for such will not help.
You do realize you've filed someone for a /crime/.
If it does come, You can't just say "Oh sorry!" And have everything be okay. You'll have to do a lot more to withdraw your marking her as a criminal.

And "can't harass someone who I can't message" quite nearly screams "I was harassing and that's why I was blocked" ._.; The more I see from you, the more I find it hard to feel for you, honestly. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm only saying..you're doing a few things in the wrong too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #55
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
Did i say i sent the report? NO i said i was "filing" the report. I know i've done nothing wrong but ask for something simple that she's suppose to send to every customer when she ships OUR orders. She blocked me because i continued to ask for the tracking number when she refused to give it. So i questioned why not without getting a straight answer and i have the records to prove it. I have the report saved so WHEN it fails to get here i can report her. But hey since your all starting to join her side and things are not getting fixed, you all win. She took money and did not send anything in return. I'm completely done. I know she reads these too. So congratulations. You win, you got away with it. Completely no justice here or anywhere.
Shadowken is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #56
HoudinisGirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 44
Why are my posts not getting approved? This makes no sense. I've said nothing inappropriate.

This thread has not taken a turn for harassment. Shadowken is trying to do everything within his power to get the product that he paid for, and based on past interactions with this commissioner, he is understandably skeptical. After this long, he has a right to be frustrated. Saying he's "harassing" someone is like saying that the bullying victim who goes to the school principal is "harassing" the bully.

This is only my second experience with a cosplay commissioner, and also my second experience where my item did not arrive in the time frame promised. (I never did get the first item I ordered from a commissioner and had to get a lawyer involved to get my refund.) I can tell you that I'll never commission anything again. If I can't make it myself, I will just do without it.

As I posted previously, but for some reason never got approved, Mykaios has sent me an email saying I'll get my scarves by the end of the month.
HoudinisGirl is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #57
Ketania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudinisGirl View Post
Why are my posts not getting approved? This makes no sense. I've said nothing inappropriate.

This thread has not taken a turn for harassment. Shadowken is trying to do everything within his power to get the product that he paid for, and based on past interactions with this commissioner, he is understandably skeptical. After this long, he has a right to be frustrated. Saying he's "harassing" someone is like saying that the bullying victim who goes to the school principal is "harassing" the bully.

This is only my second experience with a cosplay commissioner, and also my second experience where my item did not arrive in the time frame promised. (I never did get the first item I ordered from a commissioner and had to get a lawyer involved to get my refund.) I can tell you that I'll never commission anything again. If I can't make it myself, I will just do without it.

As I posted previously, but for some reason never got approved, Mykaios has sent me an email saying I'll get my scarves by the end of the month.
I need to agree with this, and good at least some of you are getting dates / items. Is she stepping her game up? Skeptical. I've only gotten "I'm working on it." or "Its on my to-do list." And this was months ago...I wonder why I'm even bothering at this point.

Last edited by Ketania : 08-26-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Ketania is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #58
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner
 
Ayase Shin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCosplayFox View Post
I feel like this thread has more took a turn for harassment.
I completely agree with you CosplayFox.

I've read through this whole thing and cant help but feel bad for both parties.

Yes promises where broken, deadlines missed, feelings were hurt and $ lost. but this happens in the cosplay world.

No am not saying the commissioner is a fraud, scammer or anything of the sorts, i can simpathize with her situation but as a cosplayer i also see not getting my commission/items is heartbreaking.

I believe if you have a problem with a commissioner you have the right and the means to "review" them but to post on a thread constantly about why you didnt get your cosplay over and over again isnt really helping, when this should be a semi private matter between you two.

Write your review but then stop and let the party or others comment. There is no need to overflow a thread with your rants about why you havnt gotten something that has shipped but hasnt arrived yet.

if a commissioner does you wrong, post once or update your last post.
__________________
Cosplay / Prop Commissioner

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/

Last edited by Ayase Shin : 08-26-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Ayase Shin is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #59
GodKing_Jedi
Registered User
 
GodKing_Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 150
HoudinisGirl, Ketania - she's promised me that my Loki will indeed be finished (many months past the due date for it) and delivered to my hotel in time for Dragon*Con. I am, I must confess, holding my breath on that; or, at the very least, it is something which I can bring myself to believe only when I see it, when I am actually holding the thing - solid, physical, tangible - in my hands. (wondering very much also even how it looks)

The promise has been made, however, even going so far that she has told her friends, who are also going to D*C, to look out for me in the Loki....so....hm. Wait and see, I surely shall....and then respond accordingly, as need be.
GodKing_Jedi is offline  
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #60
Chergnomebyl
Landshark
 
Chergnomebyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,235
I don't believe this has turned into harassment. I do believe the customer has a right to leave his review and update people on how this is all coming along. It is his own thread anyways, but I can't say about him getting blocked. Maybe messaging consistently isn't a good thing, but as a commissioner , she shouldn't be blocking customers especially if the commission is still active. I do think she should either slow down her commissions or maybe take a break to clear things up before starting again. Customers do have the right to post their reviews whether its constant updating. I would have a problem if it takes a turn to actual "harassment ". But that's my opinion. I hope you all can get your commissions in the end as well, goodluck!
__________________
Hail to the king, baby


https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.