Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Closed Thread
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #61
Shadowken

-_- called FedEx (Because you can track something by your name and address i just found out) told them my name and other info. Not a shock they said there's nothing in the data being shipped to my address, in fact there's nothing in the database at all about it.

Me "100% your sending it today?" Talked on Thursday.
Her "Yes, Jesus -_-; I said its being shipped today (Thursday). And it'll arrive by or on Monday."

Lastly i got a package that was mailed two days after she said she mailed my costume and got the other one first.
I quit, she wins. All convention's cancelled till i can find someone i can trust to work with. Everyone good luck getting your stuff. I'm keeping my records just in case. but whatever. Again she wins. Thanks for stealing.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Unread 08-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #62
detenten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowken View Post
Lastly i got a package that was mailed two days after she said she mailed my costume and got the other one first.
I quit, she wins. All convention's cancelled till i can find someone i can trust to work with. Everyone good luck getting your stuff. I'm keeping my records just in case. but whatever. Again she wins. Thanks for stealing.
... so, did you get your item?
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #63
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by detenten View Post
... so, did you get your item?
...No. If your confused by the message. Mykaios said she mailed it Thursday. Another item from someone else mailed their item Saturday two days after makaios said she mailed hers. I got the Saturday item today but i did not get my costume from mykaios. Again fedex said there is nothing in the data from her (mykaios) that is being sent my way. There is nothing in the data about my shipment. They said they did not receive anything in the database for my address from Thursday(the day she said she shipped it)-today. Its clear she never gave the tracking number because there was no tracking number or anything to track. On her public page it says that Commissions are closed forever with the exception of friends and returning customer.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-26-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #64
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Well if she never sent it since and you obviously have proof, are you going to open up a files claim?

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #65
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chergnomebyl View Post
Well if she never sent it since and you obviously have proof, are you going to open up a files claim?
I have every reason to do so now do i not? Unless she can give proof of things there's nothing to stop me now. And to those who defended her and say that my actions are silly, give me reasons not to report her after she promised again with nothing to back it up with.
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #66
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Oh well I was just asking because I was going to tell you to do so if she didn't even send the package off in the first place. I completely understand considering how much money you have lost that you have every right to file one. But of course as you said, If she has proof then there would be no need. With that sort of amount, I probably would too.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #67
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chergnomebyl View Post
Oh well I was just asking because I was going to tell you to do so if she didn't even send the package off in the first place. I completely understand considering how much money you have lost that you have every right to file one. But of course as you said, If she has proof then there would be no need. With that sort of amount, I probably would too.
Yeah and there's no way to get in contact with her now to tell her she did not ship it or i did not receive it. So with that no contact to send, no proof to receive. Already called friends and photographers to cancel plans with me. That money could have been spent on food, clothes (already made) medical bills or rent. I almost was evicted one month before fanime con because i sent payments to her (my mistake).
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #68
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Quote:
I almost was evicted one month before fanime con because i sent payments to her (my mistake).
Not to be rude but why would you send money that was meant for rent? I know you owe a payment on costumes but most commissioners would work with you so you don't end up spending your rent money.

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #69
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrea View Post
Not to be rude but why would you send money that was meant for rent? I know you owe a payment on costumes but most commissioners would work with you so you don't end up spending your rent money.
Its a choice i made and i will quote the end of that last post "My mistake" Point is i risked it for a costume that in the end i never got or will get. There are people still waiting 8+ months for theirs. Looks like more will be added on that list. Seems from other reports, all she's good for are wigs.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #70
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Yeah and there's no way to get in contact with her now to tell her she did not ship it or i did not receive it. So with that no contact to send, no proof to receive. Already called friends and photographers to cancel plans with me. That money could have been spent on food, clothes (already made) medical bills or rent. I almost was evicted one month before fanime con because i sent payments to her (my mistake).
I never quite got your explanation on why you're planning your convention around getting a costume you doubt you'll receive..I can't remember if you said you have any other costumes or not. If you do, you should still go. I get you're bummed out and angry about not getting it, but a convention could help you take your mind off it, in my opinion. Maybe that's just me though. ^^;
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #71
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I never quite got your explanation on why you're planning your convention around getting a costume you doubt you'll receive..I can't remember if you said you have any other costumes or not. If you do, you should still go. I get you're bummed out and angry about not getting it, but a convention could help you take your mind off it, in my opinion. Maybe that's just me though. ^^;
Yes it is just you. I sent the payments before the doubts. Thanks for the option but not everyone will get over it like that. In fact it will make me feel even worse. I told you my story already. Now i got to plan my work schedule for the week of sacanime. She replied to a friends email fast but when i sent a message at the exact same time im still left here with nothing.

Last edited by Shadowken : 08-27-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #72
HoudinisGirl

I get that you're bitter and I understand why. But let me say that I almost never cosplay at conventions, and I still have a blast. In fact, I prefer not being in costume because I'm not stopped every few steps for pictures when I'm trying to browse or get to my panels. I think you should still go.

This has nothing to do with Mykaios specifically- I have to say that I find the attitude from people about cosplay scams and lax commissioners very disheartening. Last year I had an experience where I ordered an item that Yaya Han had modeled for a photo shoot. I ordered it specifically because she had recommended it. The commissioner never delivered (this is the one where I had to get a lawyer involved) and I emailed Yaya, who immediately went on the offensive for me and contacted the commissioner. Yaya relies on her good reputation to keep her in business. If she didn't show up to cons she was booked for, she would eventually stop getting jobs. If she didn't deliver items that were ordered from her shop, people would stop ordering. She holds herself to a high standard of service because she knows that's what customers expect, and she knows that customers have a right to expect that. I fail to understand how anyone can justify commissioner's mistakes by saying, "Feelings were hurt, money was lost, but that happens in the cosplay world." That's a bit like saying, "Yeah, people die of starvation in third world countries every day, but it happens. Who cares? Get over it." Yes, it does happen, but it shouldn't. This thread is the only occasion in my life that I've seen people actively trying to criticize victims for being upset about being victimized.

With that said, I sincerely hope that I get my scarf. I'm not expecting to get the three that I won, but the one scarf I paid for would be nice, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #73
Wolfmeisterrr

Oh great this makes me completely doubtful if I will even get mine.
I sent a message never got a response back. My cosplay item are on her "Needs to ship out" with a million of other things. Now almost 3 months later..
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #74
GodKing_Jedi

I just sent her this: "I am leaving now for the airport. I wish an immediate update as to precisely what is happening, and an active/working tracking number which shows the updated location of the package; I expect its arrival at the Hilton hotel, as specified, when I arrive there tomorrow. (Wednesday, approximately 7:30 p.m. EST)" If it does not, and if despite her many (many, many) assurances I do not have it for Dragon*Con, I will be immediately taking further steps - the consequences of which shall be quite simply necessary.
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #75
HoudinisGirl

Well, that's funny. I posted a quick reply last night and now it's been deleted.

If I had any doubts as to my future involvement with the cosplay community, they're sorted now.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on their commissions.
Closed Thread