Alright, I've been searching all kinds of tutorials and blogs, but I still have a few questions from a list that I've tried to narrow because I didn't want to spam the forum with things that have been answered already. I am, as the title might hint, about to begin working on a set of EVA foam armour, based on this template
My questions, though, are as follows:
1. What thickness of foam do you suggest for this build?
2. I read that most people will use between 14-18 squares-- is this an accurate assumption?
3. I know, this is an idiotic question, but HOW ON EARTH do I work the curvature on the chestplate?! (I've never built anything with EVA before, but I have done small projects with thinner craft foam... does heat come into play? What kinds of supplies will I need for this step?)
4. Any ideas on the best paint to use over foam?
5. This part is far-off and unrelated to the foam questions, but I do want to put lighting into the back eventually... and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solid and involved tutorial (I can be fairly incompetent at times.) that would give me an idea of what I needed to do.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!