Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Willing to dress as a pink ninja?

I don't know if anyone has heard of GISHWHES, the international scavenger hunt run by actor Misha Collins, but one of the challenges is to take a photo of a pink ninja at Ayers Rock in Australia. Specifically, a tourist sighting a pink ninja at Ayers Rock.

Since I love in CT in the United States, this is pretty impossible for me, but I figured I'd see if anyone in Australia might be willing to fulfill this challenge for my team and me. You can email me at furtado_chm@hotmail.com

My greatest sin has always been that I have a wonderful time being myself.
-Lestat
Nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
Chryso

I think you may struggle to fulfil this one. For one, most cosplayers live on the eastern or southern coast of Australia whereas Uluru (or Ayers Rock) is in the hot red centre where a lot less people live and it's seriously not cheap to fly there. And even harder to drive. (Plus did I mention it's hot?). The other thing is that Uluru is considered a sacred monument for the native aboriginal Australians; out of respect we are asked not to touch the rock and even though you're not asking for that, I think a pink ninja even in its vincinity would be considered highly disrespectful. Kind of like asking someone to pose in a silly clown outfit in front of a big well known mosque or temple. It's technically not prohibited but very rude/disrespectful and would upset a lot of people especially those fighting for the rights of our indigenous people.
You may want to skip this one, seriously.

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 08-12-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Nuwanda
Shalafi

Aww. Thank you! I honestly know nothing about the area. Thank you for letting me know. I apologize for my ignorance and if this came off as insensitive at all.

My greatest sin has always been that I have a wonderful time being myself.
-Lestat

Last edited by Nuwanda : 08-17-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: wanted to add another sentence
Nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote