Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #61
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I read this as "Heroes of Fisting."
wrong website

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #62
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
wrong website
No judgment on your hangouts --- but spare us and use PMs if you want to direct him properly!
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #63
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
No judgment on your hangouts --- but spare us and use PMs if you want to direct him properly!

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #64
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
Was it just me or did Yaya come off as an elitist b-i-t-c-h throughout the show? I've seen her pose as Rarity from MLP with the Lulu and Merida cosplayers before also.

Maybe she was trying to come off as un-biased as she could because she personally knew those two as cosplayers and people?
Actually, I'm starting to see where you're coming from a little bit I didn't like her attitude with these 2 particular cosplayers. 1 was cosplaying Ledia from the Beetlejuice cartoon. Just before the con, she was talking about who cares about what body type should cosplay what. It's about having fun. I agreed with her completely So, she's not all about the drama like most people are assuming. How this Yaya person reacted to what the Ledia cosplayer said was kinda shocking. I'm glad that she's doing excellent and is willing give out tips and advice, but that was a little biased and also a little snobby

On this same episode, she was talking about this other cosplayer that did an original Hell Girl character from Hell Boy, that the cosplayer came up with, and I personally liked it Yaya was saying that she should have "pulled out all the stops" by using body paint and not a leotard. When she said that, I was like "do you think that she may have some sort of bad reaction to the body paint?" Yeah, the cosplayer was wearing face paint, but all skin types are different. For all we know, the cosplayer's face could handle face paint, but her body may break out with the body paint.

You know, the only reason why I do body suits, leotards, and unitards, along with not doing face paint is because I've got very sensitive skin. So even if I wanted to do face paint, I can't do it. I actually tried face paint for 1 Halloween (I thinK ) and when I took it off, my face was inching.

So Yaya can't say too much about people using face or body paint because some of us are allergic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
This show and everybody associated with it needs to die already. Im sick of it.
Okay, seriously, that's WAY more than uncalled for. How would you feel if someone interviewed you on national TV and someone said that about you?

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #65
Michiyo12

I kinda like it. It has some helpful tips! I do wish there was a black cosplayer on the show~ :3

Working on:Fusion Fall Numbah 5 From KND and Cosmo from Fairly Oddparents.

Cons: Tora-Con 2014, UBcon 2014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiled, the one who could brighten up your day even if she couldn't brighten her own...
Michiyo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #66
Amanita

Another thing re: body paint- applying paint to large parts of your body usually isn't something you can do by yourself- there's going to be places you can't reach or quite see. So you need assistance, usually.

Some of us don't have anyone who can help us- our families are not supportive, or at least not willing to put themselves out by helping to apply makeup or appliances. And not all of us have friends who are into that stuff either. So for some of us, it really is a solo endeavor.

Also, some places are more conservative. I'm looking at the gorgeous Sideshow Collectables Shaak Ti that Fedex just dropped off at my house, wearing her Force Unleashed costume. Now, say that I was attending the Middle East Film and Comic-Con in Dubai, and wanted to wear that outfit. Obviously, showing up in that minimal costume with nothing but paint underneath at a con in that part of the world would be a BAD idea. It might not even be allowed in. But, wearing an opaque bodysuit underneath might be allowed- with that layer of fabric, the costume isn't any more risque than superhero tights.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #67
CS3
wannabe world traveler

Syfy...take down this show and replace it with Battlestar Galactica. Now that series was cool.
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #68
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Another thing re: body paint- applying paint to large parts of your body usually isn't something you can do by yourself- there's going to be places you can't reach or quite see. So you need assistance, usually.

Some of us don't have anyone who can help us- our families are not supportive, or at least not willing to put themselves out by helping to apply makeup or appliances. And not all of us have friends who are into that stuff either. So for some of us, it really is a solo endeavor.

Also, some places are more conservative. I'm looking at the gorgeous Sideshow Collectables Shaak Ti that Fedex just dropped off at my house, wearing her Force Unleashed costume. Now, say that I was attending the Middle East Film and Comic-Con in Dubai, and wanted to wear that outfit. Obviously, showing up in that minimal costume with nothing but paint underneath at a con in that part of the world would be a BAD idea. It might not even be allowed in. But, wearing an opaque bodysuit underneath might be allowed- with that layer of fabric, the costume isn't any more risque than superhero tights.
And, it's not like she just put on a red unitard and called it a day. You could tell that it was airbrushed to have the prober contours and she may have sewn it herself (rarely have I seen a unitard with a flat matte finish like that, and the fit was impeccable). That's not a shortcut, that's putting work on the front end to make getting ready quicker.

Also (YaYa should have known this!) red pigments are ANGRY. Even with proper setting, some is bound to get on your costume, furnitures, etc, and some reds are hard to get out of the skin. Yeah, a bodysuit isn't a shortcut (especially not an airbrushed one), it's practical. Glad I'[m not the only one who noticed.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #69
Brittania

About Yaya's comment on the body paint I personally don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a bodysuit and also really loved the original Hell Girl cosplay that Riki did, but it is a competition. It's Yaya's job as a judge to be critical of all the nit picky details like that. Considering that Yaya and Riki did this lovely shoot together https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...73669123_n.jpg

and have done MLP cosplays together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yue3RzDk4Uk

I feel like she wouldn't be all snappin her fingers in a z-formation bein like girl your cosplay is not on par cause you don't got no body paint GO HOME! Not that she was quite that dramatic in the show anyways but the way people are offended by it, it's almost like she was.

Annd here is my shameless plug for any of you interested in the show I'm writing reviews for each ep. If you'd like to take a look and share your thoughts that'd be great
http://comicsandcosplay.com/light-up...y-ep-2-review/
Love cosplay? checkout interviews with cosplayers featured on ComicsandCosplay.com and get the latest news, rumors, reviews and galleries relating to Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Cosplay, Movies and related geekery.
Want to be featured on the site? You can submit your cosplay pics at comicsandcospay.com/submit-your-cosplay-pics
Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #70
Sashi
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I think I may be the only person than enjoys watching this show x_X

For me,I realise that there's a lot of editing involved and situations are made to seem more dramatic than they really are,so going in I already know this and am able to look past all that.
Living in South Africa,we don't get to experience conventions,competitions and cosplay of these standards so for me,being from a different continent I find it rather interesting
I like seeing the costumes,the cosplayers and how some costumes are constructed,even if it is only a glimpse!(a tiny glimpse but for me,it's something!).

As far as the opinions of some of the cosplayers go,I understand what they are saying and where it is coming from.I don't take the show too seriously and just enjoy it for what it is and the aspects that I mentioned above :P
Sashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #71
Undertaker^^
Ghost Pokemon Lover~

Well i have somewhat changed my opinion about some of the actors in it i mean i reckon it is "Reality TV" ( Whichever idiot thought it would be a good idea to name the stuff reality when its as superficial as it is ) but anyways i guess i can see to a degree about some of the stuff...

For example the scene that had the yaya girl mentioning how she had felt about cosplaying your body type, she later went on ( in facebook and other stuff ) to mention even though she would probably get in trouble that they had all sat there for like 2 hours talking and such and somehow only the total of three minutes of such came out of it...

Though i still aint too into the show but for the sake of so such i will probably keep watching...

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon ) - Halted apparently till a later Event
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #72
ChibiDannimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAngel View Post
Actually, I'm starting to see where you're coming from a little bit I didn't like her attitude with these 2 particular cosplayers. 1 was cosplaying Ledia from the Beetlejuice cartoon. Just before the con, she was talking about who cares about what body type should cosplay what. It's about having fun. I agreed with her completely So, she's not all about the drama like most people are assuming. How this Yaya person reacted to what the Ledia cosplayer said was kinda shocking. I'm glad that she's doing excellent and is willing give out tips and advice, but that was a little biased and also a little snobby

On this same episode, she was talking about this other cosplayer that did an original Hell Girl character from Hell Boy, that the cosplayer came up with, and I personally liked it Yaya was saying that she should have "pulled out all the stops" by using body paint and not a leotard. When she said that, I was like "do you think that she may have some sort of bad reaction to the body paint?" Yeah, the cosplayer was wearing face paint, but all skin types are different. For all we know, the cosplayer's face could handle face paint, but her body may break out with the body paint.

You know, the only reason why I do body suits, leotards, and unitards, along with not doing face paint is because I've got very sensitive skin. So even if I wanted to do face paint, I can't do it. I actually tried face paint for 1 Halloween (I thinK ) and when I took it off, my face was inching.

So Yaya can't say too much about people using face or body paint because some of us are allergic.

Okay, seriously, that's WAY more than uncalled for. How would you feel if someone interviewed you on national TV and someone said that about you?
It would be a typical Tuesday for me.

2014 Cosplays

Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #73
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDannimon View Post
It would be a typical Tuesday for me.
All right, you've had your fun, but now you're just trolling. That reply was stock nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #74
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
And, it's not like she just put on a red unitard and called it a day. You could tell that it was airbrushed to have the prober contours and she may have sewn it herself (rarely have I seen a unitard with a flat matte finish like that, and the fit was impeccable). That's not a shortcut, that's putting work on the front end to make getting ready quicker.

Also (YaYa should have known this!) red pigments are ANGRY. Even with proper setting, some is bound to get on your costume, furnitures, etc, and some reds are hard to get out of the skin. Yeah, a bodysuit isn't a shortcut (especially not an airbrushed one), it's practical. Glad I'[m not the only one who noticed.
Hell yeah. At the moment, I'm working on an open-topped cowl/hood for my next Skyscraper costume- I can't really apply a bald cap with nobody to help me, and in any case, that's a very time consuming job. Since I'm a full-on nightshift worker (Goes to bed when most people are going to work), having to go to bed early the night before the con is bad enough. Having to get up stupid-early to spend hours applying makeup would make things worse, in terms of sleep deprivation. So I want to put in a little more work up front building a cowl that will cover my hair, yet allow the crown to stick up out of, and look like it actually belongs on the character, like something she would wear. I certainly hope the judges would not hold that against me!

Go figure, I was thinking about red pigment getting all over Hellgirl's costume and other things too! That might definitely be an issue, no matter what makeup products you use.
And I can attest (from a rushed Shaak Ti makeup job) that red pigment SUCKS to get off of your skin!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #75
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

You're correct in assuming body paint only is not acceptable at MEFCC. You can paint your limbs or wear a spandex suit but not, say, a bikini and paint only. It's still a Muslim country. There's a girl who cosplays Mystique, she wears a black short dress and paints everything else. Is it lazy? No, it's working within the rules and obviously the judges take it into account.

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote