Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 08-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
James_B
Ayatollah Rock And Rolla

Smile Hello Everyone

Hello everyone,
My name is James Baines and I'm a nerd. Not shocking that there are others around here. I'm fairly new to cosplay. I've always loved costumes just haven't had any time or skills to make my own. I went to events in make shift tee shirt costumes. I know, lame. But I get happy. Last year at the Carolina Renaissance Faire, I dressed up as a Starfleet officer on a planet that's similar to Earth's middle ages. Neat. And people were smiling, joking about and I made some new friends in it and had a great time. And this year in June, I went to Heroes Convention 2013 in Charlotte, NC. When I went on the floor, everyone was so incredibly detailed and dedicated to their costumes. I was so impressed. Met up with a Death Trooper from the Star Wars horror story. He was pretty cool and a few Ghostbusters, Spawn, Spidey's, etc, etc.

I want to sharpen my skills in cosplaying as well as my friends who are interested to do it with me. So, if you guys give me some tips and advice, great. If not, I would like to be friends anyway. I'm nice like that. Oh. I'm also quite blunt as well. So, sorry if I offend you and I didn't know it. For future reference.

I like video games, comics, manga, anime, cartoons, sci-fi, fantasy, rpg, board games, mysteries, comedies, horrors ( always wanted to be Tar Man from Return of The Living Dead.) Can't wait to meet some new friends and cosplayers to help me out and have fun while I'm here.
Live long & prosper,
James
James_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
TheTrueInuzuka
Inuzuka Cosplay Head

Hey there James! The name's Kiba, welcome! Exciting to hear about the Tar Man display! Haha, I'm a bit of a horror fan. My boyfriend and I are supposed to be doing Leatherface and Freddy Kreuger.

"It's not the body that matters or the costume you make, it's the confidence you show."
TheTrueInuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote