Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
firewingpegasus
...Henge!

Talking guy's face look girly

does anyone have any tips for a guy on how to make the face look any girlier? I really don't know what I could do because I don't like my nose but I think I have a pretty decent face for crossplaying I just need to see... any help? I'll post a picture later on if anyone wants me to (of my face). I guess some makeup could do but I really don't know, I would like to make my chink look a little thinner

Last edited by firewingpegasus : 04-06-2004 at 12:30 PM.
firewingpegasus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
dustbunny
Thats no ordinary rabbit.

makup would do the trick...hair is also a big thing. to bad you don't have a pic yet that would make this a lot easier.

Mad Moxxi [Borderlands]

Facebook page~
http://www.facebook.com/DBCosplay

......../) /)............
........( . .).............
........c(")(")...........
dustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
ericaqt

I once saw a website for just this topic, it showed tips on makeup for all face types showing how to use makeup using shadowing look and where to put it to make a guys face look like a girl's. Sorry I don't have the url but I'll try looking
ericaqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
ericaqt

Here are some sites that I found that may be usefull

http://www.tgcosmetics.com/tips/tips.htm (scroll down)
http://www.steffiemor.com/makeup.html
http://members.aol.com/Diane1962/tipsmup.html
http://www.geocities.com/rachelrehm/makeup.html
http://www.austranny.com/gguide/
http://www.crossdressingpicturegallery.com/index.php

I could have found more but that should be some good pointers. Many of the results I found were advertisements for makeup artists, and makeup tip kits. these are some of the free ones. If you want to find more, here are the keywords I used

crossdresser +"makeup tips"

True, crossdressing and crossplaying is different but obviously the tips apply to both and there are more sites aimed at crossdressers than crossplayers. I didn't fully read any of these pages so I can't say if it's GOOD advice... just don't use too much makeup and wind up looking slutty, you're supposed to make it look like you aren't wearing makeup...

---

If you're doing your eyebrows, I read a newspaper article about how to find where the arch should be yo do this, look in the mirror and imagine a straight line going from the middle of the bottom/under your nose to the center of your your eyeball (assuming your looking straight) and extending in a straight line to your eyeball, that's where the arch of your eyebrow should be. And don't make them too thin because te article said that makes you look older
Unread 04-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
firewingpegasus
...Henge!

well, I just posted my picture on my profile if anyone wants to see it now, maybe that'll help more... thanks for the links, though, but I'm kind of confused about what you meant by the eyebrow, lol... can you explain it in another way? (sorry). It's neat because I was going to ask on how to do that too thanks.
note- I don't really like showing my pictures but I guess I really have to this time so I did, I think I don't look good at all, but it's the best one I could find. Oh, and in my first post, I meant to say "chin" not "chink" lol, thanks again, I need all the help I can get, hope you can give me straight out tips on what to do.
Unread 04-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #6
Cat Scratch
Half Queen Of Hades

Don't take this the wrong way Firewingpegasus but you already have features that work for a girl. I'm not calling you girly but your facial structure is condusive to looking so. Your lips and eyes are great. I would sujest thining your nose a little with highlights and shadows and then using a little blush to give you the higher cheekbones common to most girls. Then get this stuff called eyebrow wax (you'll need makeup sealent too). Basicly it's this wax feamale immpersonaters use to hide their eye brows so they can draw more feminin ones one. Most stores that have theatrical make up carrie it. Other than those things I can't really think of any thing else.
Unread 04-07-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
firewingpegasus
...Henge!

Wink thanks

no offense taken at all that just made my life easier then. yay! I'll try what you said and then see what comes out... maybe i'll post a pic of when i'm done and dressed up
Unread 04-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #8
ericaqt

If you still want that info... I found the article I was talking about because I scanned it to my computer when I read it. The file size of the whole image of the article is too large so I typed up the article and uploaded just the pics in the article. I also made a crappy picture showing what I mean, look at it while reading what I wrote and hopefully you'll understand. (I can draw better but that was just a quick pic showing what I meant about the lines) By the way, I guess I didn't read the arch locating tip from the article... maybe I saw it on a tv show or something...

---

Avoid urge to pluck brows too much, expert says
By Allison Kaplan
Knight Ridder Newspapers

We've become a nation over-tweezed. It's a beauty epidemic.
"Women take off more and more, and before you know it, they have thin eyebrows that age them," warns Damone Roberts, the Beverly Hills eyebrow guru who tamed Madonna's swooping arches into softer curves. "Marlene Dietrich looked 40 when she was 20 because her brows were so thin."
Roberts opened the country's first brows-only salon in Beverly Hills. He's on a mission to reshape the world's wayward brows -- one celebrity at a time. He makes house calls to Heather Locklear, Kevin Costner and Sela Ward.
"This is the last untapped market in the industry," says Roberts, who charges a brow-raising $60 for a 15-minute wax.
"It's what manicures and pedicures were 20 years ago. With good eyebrows, you look made up without makeup."
He offers these rules:
- Never tweeze eyebrows more than an inch apart. "Too much space makes the eyes appear a lot smaller."
- Color in what's missing -- particularly near the nose, with a matching eyeliner pencil. You can also fill in with eye shadow, which tends to look more like hair. (Apply with the side of an angled brush rather than the point for a softer look.) A brow gel will seal in the color.
- Highlight the arch with a white or silver-tinted shadow.
- Consider your face shape. Avoid round brows on a round face. Instead, raise the arch to add length. For a square face, try to soften the arch. Heart shaped faces require a more straight line. Ovals, he says, are perfect.
- Don't try to copy another's brows -- even on a picture-perfect face. "Julia Roberts' brows may work for her but that doesn't mean the shape will work for you."
- Tinting makes a huge difference. "Blond brows can erase you. Darker brows emphasize your features." (Tinting can also cost more than waxing. The color lasts about a month.)
Roberts recommends that everyone get their brows shaped by a professional -- at least for the first time. After that, you should be able to maintain the look.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Brow Arch Pic.gif (4.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Article Pics.jpg (74.6 KB, 45 views)
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #9
Lady
Sexy vonSexpants

I agree - you should do pretty well crossplaying! You might want to wear false eyelashes - they tend to add instant femininity to any face. Plus some lipstick and blush, of course, and you should have a pretty good start.

My biggest advice would be to just get some makeup and spend some time on weekends playing around with it. See what works best for you. The more practice, the better and faster you'll become, and the more confident*nods* Also, if you have female friends where you live, ask them to give you a 'makeover' and watch what they do when they put the makeup on you.

Best of luck! Please post pics so we can see the results!

-Lady
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #10
firewingpegasus
...Henge!

Smile

thanks a lot, you're all great! I hope it didn't take you that long to type that up, that was big help (for the eyebrows)! Thank you.
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
Kokuu
Armed and Dangerous

Aside from makeup and the eyebrows- smile! Girls are generally a lot more expressive then guys, and their facial features are typically more exaggerated. You see a lot more girls smiling (and when you smile, show teeth) for no apparent reason while guys well tend to be expressionless. So flash those pearly whites!
Kokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2004, 12:56 AM   #12
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

If you really want to style your eyebrows professionally.... go to a salon that offers waxing and have them do it. It may cost a little, but at least you have a little confidence that they have been doing this for a little while and that they will sculpt your brow to however you want it. Besides, you can always tell them that you're in experimental theater and getting ready for a role... or bring a girlfriend or whatever and make it seems like you're doing it as a bet.
Unread 04-09-2004, 12:19 AM   #13
Chino-San
Pwetty Pwetty Crossplayer

Yes I do agree the eyebrows make a really big difference when it comes to appearance. When I got my eye brows plucked for the first time it made a huge difference I did look like a girl for once. Also curling your eye lashes also wearing lip gloss and maybe some blush to make your cheeks be a bit noticable also it gives the adorable blushing look. I say the most important part is to take off all noticable facial hair. Basically I am telling ya to shave lol. But I am sure I am restating what everyone else is saying. Here is an example of one of my crossplay costumes.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=50 0&page=1
Unread 04-09-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
HyperrrMouse

I think all i can say, cause everyone else has said great comments, is that the true art to applying make-up, is to make it look like you aren't wearing any. (this goes against some of my black lipstick usage but this is beside the point). Make-up is to be used to create an illusion. I hate to say it, but the biggest give-away for me that someone is crossdressing or crossplaying is that they have caked on way too much make-up, and this is visible at 20 yards at least. Avoid "six inch powder, six in base."

subtle, just keep thinking in implications and you'll do great. You have a lovely face structure, you'll be fine ^^
Unread 04-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #15
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokuu
Aside from makeup and the eyebrows- smile! Girls are generally a lot more expressive then guys, and their facial features are typically more exaggerated. You see a lot more girls smiling (and when you smile, show teeth) for no apparent reason while guys well tend to be expressionless. So flash those pearly whites!
Man, ya beat me to it! I was going to say that. If someone smiles, it instantly makes them prettier! Even if you're emotionless or indifferent at the time, a small, wistful little smile or smirk adds some character and makes you look less like a guy. Also, whatever facial expression you're wearing tends to carry over into how you actually feel. So love how you're dressed, smile about it, and you'll feel even better and have more reason to smile! Instant feedback loop to gratification.

If you're gonna be Hotaru, then still smile, but a sad little smile if you want to be in character. She's the type who might smile bitterly, but at least there's SOME emotion.

Tenshi

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote