Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Being a random character from Sword Art Online

I've had this idea bouncing around my head for a while, and I do want some honest opinions. Some of the conventions I've been to have had a fair number of SAO cosplayers, namely Kirito and Asuna. I know, they are the main characters of the show, but what about the unsung heroes? Like random SAO player #476? Personally, I think there is some major potential with doing a cosplay of one of the other faces of the anime, and I do like the simplicity of the outfits, even if they could max out their look due to the limits of the floor.

Would I like to get recognized? Sure, but it's not what I'm looking for. I've done other cosplays that people never recognized (I'm talking about my Animal Crossing cosplays), but I still had fun doing them. What do you think, is it a good idea?
striker0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Yujin

I don't think it's a bad idea, especially with the mindset of cosplay who you want to be/bring more love to. Yes you will definitely be either completely unrecognizable or have people ask who you are/mix you up with other characters but I say go for it.
Otakon '09, '13, '14
Katsucon '11, '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
Yoakehalo

I think it's an awesome idea. I was going to do the same thing with my daughter. My drawing skills are iffy at best and so I'm crafting an armor for her and she's going to be one of the Knights of the Blood.
Yoakehalo is offline   Reply With Quote