Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 08-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Muff1n

Nature/faun costume help?

I'm really sorry if this isn't the thread to post in? i just now found this website and joined in hope of getting some help for my costume
This is a drawing i did trying to get the idea down fully, I know it doesn't have a lot of detail >.< and i'm sorry.
I ordered the wig already and i'm just having trouble with the rest of it lol i bought fake fur for the legs but don't know how to make it >.>; the Skirt i wanted to look like leaves but i couldnt find fabric like that at the store and someone suggested i should sew or glue big plastic leaves together for the top skirt but i don't want the costume to look really fake
For the Ram horns i am gonna try one of the ideas posted in this thread http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=253658
hopefully that will work uhh the bottom skirt i don't know if i should do a basic green or a pattern green? The top i wanted to do a underbust corset or a vest but not sure what to make it out of.
again I'm really sorry if this is the wrong thread i'm always bad at this
please post suggestions of things i should add or change to the costume too

Had a Nature demon spirit ram thing in mind xD
Please and Thank you
Muff1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
SingSimple

I don't think I'm skilled enough to advise you about the other stuff, but for the fur on the legs, simple legwarmers tutorial should work: http://video.about.com/sewing/How-to...eg-Warmers.htm
SingSimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
LadyStarlea
Dreamer

well for the leaf skirt I would ether buy a camo fabric for it like Mossy Oak Shadowleaf Camo in Cotton Twill Fabric or another camo with natural looking leaves in it like this green leaf camo pattern. That last one is a waterproof fabric so not sure if it is what you are looking for and it is sold in 1 yard increments, seems they have 8 available right now. You can ether cut out each leaf or use the straight up fabric depending on the look you want. There is also loads of fleece leaf pattern materials but do not think you want to use fleece. Hope this helps and if you are going with a pattern on the top skirt I would go a solid green on the main bottom one. Good luck and post pics this looks like a very fun cosplay.
LadyStarlea is offline   Reply With Quote