Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 04-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
Toonpenguin

Parking Lots near otakon

So unfortunately the person who was going to be rooming with me at otakon decided to bail, and I can't afford the hotel by myself. So I still want to go but was thinking about driving down each day since renting a hotel isn't really an option now.

So for those who have gone before, what are some good parking lots near the convention center? how late do they stay open? and what time you I arrive to park at said parking lot to make sure I get a spot before it fills up?

thanks in advance
Toonpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
Sefam
Dumb Fairy

I'm probably traveling there from Canada with my own car if I manage to get one by then. I'd like to know the same thing. I have a hotel to stay, but since I'm not the one holding the room, no parking space for me.
Sefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
The Real KaotiK
Otakon Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonpenguin View Post
So unfortunately the person who was going to be rooming with me at otakon decided to bail, and I can't afford the hotel by myself. So I still want to go but was thinking about driving down each day since renting a hotel isn't really an option now.

So for those who have gone before, what are some good parking lots near the convention center? how late do they stay open? and what time you I arrive to park at said parking lot to make sure I get a spot before it fills up?

thanks in advance
You could always just room with someone else with available space;
Like myself or someone cheaper and equal short distance. xD

Parking I heard most places will charge 13-21 dollars a day to park, my friends say it's much cheaper to park at the BWI and take the light rail bus to the convention. It's about 11 dollars for parking and bus fare this way, or 3 dollars if you choose to park offsite and take the shuttle to the light rail. Hilton is usually lenient with con-goers or at least they were the last time I went, you can contact them via website and ask if they will allow you to park there while you attend the convention downtown.
The Real KaotiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Toonpenguin

haha no offense but I really don't trust people online unless I personally know time just how I roll.

And 13 to 21 dollars a day isnt too bad. And i didnt think about the Light rail which could be a good option but at the same time would probably require leaving at a certain time during the day and not having the luxury of staying later
Toonpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote