Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 07-31-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Sirenescence
Not fat, I'm fluffy

Commissioner will not respond to my emails

Hello. This is my second commission ever and my first full costume commission. I posted an ad for a Princess Leia Senatorial Gown made to Rebel Legion standards in the Marketplace late May, my current commissioner responded to it (I don't want to put her name just in case this is resolved.) She said she was new to commissions and she really wanted to make this costume for me, she explained that she would keep me updated throughout the whole process including when she purchased materials and she would send me photos of each finished section of the costume. We agreed on $110 for the full costume which included a movie accurate gown and belt and she said it would be done the first week of July. I sent the first half of my payment early June as well as my fabric (I had about 8 yards of Jet Set Poly already purchased for the costume.) A couple weeks go by and I don't hear from her, I wasn't too concerned about it and I gave her her space but I eventually caved and messaged her. She said she was sorry but she had a bit of "summer cold" and had put her projects on hold and that she would start working on the costume next week. She said she purchased mock-up fabric and she would send me pictures of the mock-up to see if I liked it. I told her it was fine and that I was excited to see the mock-up. Weeks go by, its July now and she hasn't sent anything since that last message. I finally message her both by email and PM here on Cosplay.com asking for an update and about five days later she messages me back with three pictures of a rough draft of the top of the dress cut out of the final fabric (instead of making a mock-up like we originally discussed) she told me the dress would be completed by next Friday. Next Friday rolls around and nothing. I finally messaged her last week expressing my worry about the costume, that I needed to stay in the loop with things and she has to start messaging me consistently. Almost another week goes by and nothing (and she's been online here on Cosplay.com) Yesterday I finally told her that if I didn't hear anything in 48 hours I would have to ask for a refund. Still nothing. I don't know what to do, I want to give her a chance maybe she had something personal going on or a family emergency. But its past my deadline, I had told her in the very beginning I wanted the costume done by August. The 1st of August is tomorrow and I haven't seen anything of the costume completed. Even if I receive a refund I can't get my time back. I'm so disappointed and I hope that in the end this does work out.
Sirenescence is offline   Reply With Quote