RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

ChaosFox Commissions - Buyer Beware

Name of Commissioner ChaosFox Costumes
Website/C.com gallery http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...php?uid=300256
Character commissioned and series/video game Neo (RWBY) jacket and wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item N/A
Timeline N/A (See below)
Describe your Experience. I emailed ChaosFox Costuming on February 26 asking her to make Neo (RWBY)'s jacket and wig, with the caveat that I needed it no later than April 3. I told her up front that I needed it by then for a con and would look elsewhere if it was unfeasible for her to make this deadline. She assured me it could be done and I paid her half the commission cost up front.

March 27 rolls around and I have not heard from her. I email her and she assures me all is well and she will overnight it if need be. April 2nd comes, and she tells me it will not be done in time. I tell her that I need it definitely by June 1, for another con. This gives her 2 months to work on this commission.

I email her a week before hand, she promises me that it'll be ready. The con I'm going to (A-kon) is the 5-7 of June. On the third of June, she tells me she'll overnight it to me at the hotel I"m staying at for the con. It wasn't until the fourth of June that she eventually tells me she won't have it done. The only positive thing I can say is that she did offer me my money back, but this is after two photoshoots I missed with this character because she couldn't stick to deadlines.

Final Grade: F
-Neo Politan (RWBY)
RobinDragonryde is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
ChaosFoxCostuming

Hi, I refunded you in full as I did not want to sent you something that I thought was not to par so I decided upon a refund instead of sending you out what I had done or was planning to finish was just not up to my standards as a commissioner. I'm sorry that you felt that the transaction went bad and felt the need to leave this review.

As of right now commissions are fully closed until further notice as I have a bit to much work on hand as of right now and anything that I have previously is still being worked on so if anyone has questions feel free to pm me as I do not come on here very often actually just mostly check my email thank you.
ChaosFoxCostuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

I did say in my original review that you refunded me the money. However, you had three months to work on that commission, that you promised you'd have ready for two separate deadlines. I felt it best to inform people that you have little respect for deadlines, lest they come to you for a time-sensitive project in the future.
-Neo Politan (RWBY)
Unread 06-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
ChaosFoxCostuming

I'm sorry that you feel as though my lack of communication and being able to deliver of this commission means that I have no respect for deadlines. I assure that is not the case just a lot was going on and that is why I have chosen to temporarily close off commissions until things are settled down. If anyone has received messages from me that was from before I had chosen to make this decision as it was a recent one and I hope that people can be understanding of this if anyone has anything they'd like to discuss with me please email me at chaosfoxcostuming@gmail.com thank you for your time and understanding of the situation.

I also do not feel it is needed to argue in a public forum I just wanted to make sure that it was being known that i was willing to refund you over the situation.
ChaosFoxCostuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2015, 01:38 AM   #5
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I believe that giving you an explanation and a refund says a lot about her. I wouldn't be so hasty to post such negative remarks like that, especially when she communicated with you.
Things come up and its hard to manage them sometimes, its life and I don't think you should write her off just like that and this in no way shows her, "little respect for deadlines, lest they come to you for a time-sensitive project in the future."
you do realize that it no way shows little respect! IN ANYTHING she is showing you with her explanation and refund that she wasn't trying to hurt you in any way. I hope in the future you can recognize when someone is being up front with you, so you don't feel wronged in the future.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #6
sylphkeeper
Sylphkeeper

Regardless of an explanation(after the fact) or a refund, the fact remains that the commissioner did not complete the cosplay to meet 2 different deadlines. The deadline for a costume is as much a part of a commission as the finished product itself, and failing to adhere to a specific and very reasonable deadline is a serious issue. She paid for a professional service - a costume by a specific date, and that was not delivered. I understand that life gets in the way and things come up, but in that case she should have informed the customer as soon as an issue arose, not the day before the con. As also stated, 2 different deadlines were missed. If issues arose before the first deadline, that's problematic enough, but I know that those deadlines were nearly 2 months apart, and if the issues were severe enough to keep her from finishing the project 2 months after the initial deadline, that would have been severe enough to realize far in advance. It's not issues arising that's the problem, it's a lack of communication of those issues. If a refund had been issued even 2 weeks before the con I'm sure a last minute commission could have been arranged with someone else, but as it stands she was prevented from wearing this cosplay to 2 different conventions because of this and missed out on a lot of opportunities. If an issue came up that close to the con and prevented the completion of a project that was already overdue by 2 months, that sounds like a time management issue. A commissioner is providing a paid service, just like any other profession, and failing to complete the service that was promised and paid for warrants "feeling wronged". She was wronged. She paid for a service and did not receive it. Yes, it's good that the commissioner responded and gave her a refund, but that does not absolve the fact that she did not meet two different and very reasonable deadlines, nor did she let her know that the deadline would not be met in a reasonable amount of time.
sylphkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

Basically what sylphkeeper said. While she did give me my money back in the end, the fact remains that she missed two deadlines for cons that I had made specific plans to cosplay that character at. I had events lined up requiring the use of that costume that had to be cancelled at the last minute. If I ordered a banner for a parade I was in, and the banner wasn't finished in time and I had to drop out of the parade because of it, would a simple, "Whoops stuff happens here's your money back" make up for the lack of parade participation? No. I fail to see how this is any different.
-Neo Politan (RWBY)