Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 08-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
secretxagent

Tenleid Cosplay - Scammer

I first reached out to commission Tenleid cosplay in mid September to make a Storm and Wildcat cosplay along with style a Wildcat and Sindel wig. We agreed upon a price and I paid for everything upfront via paypal. In addition to that I mailed her two pairs of shoes from payless.com and wigs from arda-wigs.com directly. At first I received my Sindel wig and it was gorgeous so I didn't have any cause for alarm even though my due date was coming up quickly. My due date for everything was February 10th a little under a week before Katsucon, although she first said I could have Storm done before Christmas. Either way Tenleid failed to meet both her scheduled time and mine. I set a new due date for late May-early June so I could attend AnimeNext, another deadline she failed to meet. At first she claimed to have mailed everything but was unable to provide a tracking number. Several weeks passed and I e-mailed her yet again asking where my package was and she said she would mail it out with a tracking #. This time I did receive the bodysuit in late April with some fit issues and minor flaws but I was just so happy to get something I overlooked it. The package only came with the bodysuit and did not include the cape, gloves, belt, shoes, and emblem. After going through her facebook and instagram page I confronted her over the fact she was able to make over 3 new costumes for herself in the timespan she was supposed to make mine. She apologized refunded me the total amount for Wildcat and promised to refund half the payment for Storm and complete the rest. After I e-mailed her yet again about the whereabout of the other items for Storm, my partial refund for Storm, the shoes + wigs I sent her, and the fit of my bodysuit she stopped responding to my e-mails. However, she is still active on social media making new cosplays for herself and attending plenty of conventions. I've accepted the fact that I probably will not get any of what she owes me but I would like to prevent someone else from dealing with the headache I've had to.

Attached below are a few of the e-mails between us....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...80edae761b bb

Last edited by secretxagent : 08-17-2014 at 02:32 PM.
secretxagent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2014, 04:17 AM   #2
Feysera
I'd rather be Lois Lane.

Man, and I was considering her for my future superheroine cosplays too. :C Thanks for the heads up!
Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
DragonGirl007
Dragon Lover

Get thee to Paypal immediately and see if you can get some kind of refund... if you paid through them that is. If you paid via PayPal there is a 45 day period in which you can request an entire refund of whatever you paid to commission her. Or if she has at least some of your cosplay done, make her send you whatever she has done no matter what condition its in so at least you have something that you can work with yourself.

Cosplay for Youmacon 2014
Walter Girl (Steam Powered Giraffe)
Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck It Ralph, Normal Outfit)
DragonGirl007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGirl007 View Post
Get thee to Paypal immediately and see if you can get some kind of refund... if you paid through them that is. If you paid via PayPal there is a 45 day period in which you can request an entire refund of whatever you paid to commission her. Or if she has at least some of your cosplay done, make her send you whatever she has done no matter what condition its in so at least you have something that you can work with yourself.
The OP said they paid in September. Their PayPal claim window has long passed.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
secretxagent

Update: All of my e-mails have gone unanswered still and any posts on her social media pages are answered with her blocking me and deleting my posts.
Unread 09-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
DragonGirl007
Dragon Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretxagent View Post
Update: All of my e-mails have gone unanswered still and any posts on her social media pages are answered with her blocking me and deleting my posts.
Welp. All I can say is that you got scammed 'bro. Hopefully you can make something of the situation. See if she can send you whatever she made of your cosplay and work with it yourself?

Unread 09-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
secretxagent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGirl007 View Post
Welp. All I can say is that you got scammed 'bro. Hopefully you can make something of the situation. See if she can send you whatever she made of your cosplay and work with it yourself?
Oh, I know I've been scammed, I knew for months. I'd just like my stuff which she apparently has no intention of sending back.
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
DragonGirl007
Dragon Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretxagent View Post
Oh, I know I've been scammed, I knew for months. I'd just like my stuff which she apparently has no intention of sending back.
The only other thing I can think of, though it may seem a bit harsh is to get authorities involved Essentially what this commissioner has done is rob you of both money and a usable cosplay. You may need to take this one to court depending on how much you paid. How much was the commission out of curiosity?