Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #181
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetalia-Chan View Post
Ok thank you. Please stay on point here.

Last edited by Shadowken : 09-11-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #182
DropsOfRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
That being said, to expand on Jia’s comments - the main issue is that many people who have shown no personal experience with the commissioner being reviewed are chiming in and adding 3rd party opinions to the discussion. This is not what the review forum is for. If you have nothing to do with the specific complaint at hand, please refrain from jumping into the thread just to “pile on” . . . for either side. That does not create a constructive method of resolution - it merely devolves the thread into he said/she said hearsay, unsolicited legal advice, and for lack of a better phrase . . . two teams.
Urp. I will take responsibility for being one of these people. My sincerest apologies, my initial intent was to help out, but I can see how my posts are contributing to making this thread a downward spiral. This shall be my final post in this thread.

Thank you, both to Jia Jem and Admin, for your administration here and on the boards in general.

EDIT - Sept 12:
I wanted to publicly clarify that I have not had any personal experience with Mykaios, and despite how helpful I or others may view my previous posts, I haven't been contributing in the sense of posting reviews in the review section.

Thanks to those who have found my posts helpful, and again, thanks to the administration team for keeping an eye on this thread and making sure it doesn't get out of hand. I truly hope that those who are involved with Mykaios get their money back and/or at least the materials from their costumes sent to them.

Last edited by DropsOfRain : 09-12-2013 at 08:18 AM.
DropsOfRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #183
Shadowken

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropsOfRain View Post
Urp. I will take responsibility for being one of these people. My sincerest apologies, my initial intent was to help out, but I can see how my posts are contributing to making this thread a downward spiral. This shall be my final post in this thread.

Thank you, both to Jia Jem and Admin, for your administration here and on the boards in general.
I'll join you on that and i apologize as well. I'll just be a spectator and disable the keyboard even when effected.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #184
Ketania

Just as a refresher, here's my original review on her. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...10#post4652110

Here are screen from various other people of complaints about her. http://imageshack.us/a/img4/1374/ms5z.png
It is not wrong to save caps, I save all the evidence I can.

Now in detail of it - I’m just clear pasting our conversations since almost the beginning of this – there’s no really other way I can be clearer with this than it.

Not to mention, THIS was my first cosplay AND convention, so I was excited and tried not to rush people. Along with her scarves she was also posting picture of her dyed hair and her new pony merchandise in OTHER thread with “perfectly good lighting” while she gave her other excuses...

Her emails are in quotes – mine are not... and make note of the bolded sections at the dates of these emails.

Quote:
Right, you'll pay the rest upon completion - before shipment. I'll get you a picture as soon as possible as I'm currently multitasking and catching up on etsy orders
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Were ya ever able to get a pic?

Quote:
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Not yet, I've been waiting for a non rainy day to get a good picture
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
When do you plan on shipping stuff anyways?

Quote:
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Monday at the latest, and I'll ship express if I have to.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Nope, it wouldn't cost extra as it is my fault that this is coming to you last minute. If and when you're ready to make that payment, please go right ahead and I'll get you a picture over the weekend (supposed to be some nice sunny days!) and of the package at the post office and give you the tracking number. I actually have a lot of pictures of stuff to take over the weekend and update with!

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Hey, i will be sending this out tomorrow and will give you pictures then. But I also wanted to email you because I wasn't sure if you were in the way of the hurricane so be safe! Pittsburgh, last I checked is getting a bunch more rain and wind (I really had no idea about the hurricane until Friday as I don't have tv or read news online).
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Just wondering if you had gotten round to shipping it or not...

Quote:
Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Nope, I swung by the post office yesterday and they were closed early. There wasn't a notice saying they'd be closed today. It does look...pretty terrible outside though. I'll have to wait for it to stop raining before walking out.
Here came my dead line of Halloween...

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I don't mean to be pushy, but I'm kind of getting tired of waiting. Is there any update at all? Anything? I mean, it's already Halloween and I haven't gotten anything. Not even a picture at the least.

Quote:
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I understand your frustration. It's not typical of me to not provide updates, but lately with the weather and commissions I have, I haven't been able to post much if any progress about anything, picture wise. I almost always try to get a photo of the finished product though before shipment (which'll be sent out net week btw once the weather clears up).

If I can't answer emails right away, I always try to make a post on my facebook page to let people know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth with everyone's money and so on.
I then was browsing her Etsy shop and saw her notice that she had shipped out her Etsy orders – that were for Halloween - though I had received nothing.

On Nov 1, 2012 4:14 AM
I was just looking at your Etsy shop and it says you sent out your orders that were for Halloween. Two months ago I told you my order was for Halloween, and again when I signed your contract and you said it was "no problem."; promising that you would meet my deadline.

How come you didn't send my order out then?

Quote:
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I sent out some orders not all of them I walk to the post office as well so I can only carry so much plus with the nonstop rain, yours (the package) would damage easier. The few orders I was able to send out fit in my messenger bag.
Jumping 2 weeks later – the day she said she would ship it “after the weather cleared up.” I emailed her again asking for an update...

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Anything yet? :/

Quote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Not yet, I recently had surgery (in which I can scan copies of paperwork and receipts if you want) and I still have the next week and a half to recover along with my follow up. My apologizes.
So fast to want to scan her receipts.. but not pictures of my order. I then asked if I could give her my texting number, seeing as how she said she could do that in her terms and agreements...

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM
If I gave you my texting number, do you think you could get me a quick picture of it? It does say you can do that in your terms..

Quote:
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Sure thing, much easier that way. I'm actually about a month behind on picture updates for everyone on my facebook page and forum thread, so I'll be focusing on those for the next couple of weeks.
Obviously, there was next to nothing.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Quick question, but what happened to that whole week where you said you were gonna ship out all the other orders that you missed for Halloween? Before your surgery?

See as she side-steps my question!

Quote:
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Honestly, I'm a bit behind, moreso on the picture updates end - but, I do have positive reviews for my commissions although not my reviews over all. I also have good ebay feedback as both seller and buyer. So, don't worry - it's been a rough couple of months though I don't ecpect you to understand or be forgiving but I should be all caught up soon.

Also, I am currently out of town (Thanksgiving at the bf's parent's house about five hours away)- since our last emails but I'll be back in town late Sunday night to text you then.
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Or you know what, instead of just giving me a picture how about you just...ship it? Since you've said its been done already for a month? :\

Quote:
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Well, I have to get a picture anyway, but yes I'll ship it out as well. But I figured you might want to see a picture to see if there's anything i should fix before hand as well.
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Ok. Seriously, are you gonna ship it or not? I'm getting fed up with waiting, and this is just about the 4th time you've promised to ship it. I've just landed in some financial problems lately and I'd like to know my money hasn't been wasted. I feel like I'm being scammed at this point. Either refund my money or send it so we can just get this over with. It's been done for a month now, so it shouldn't take this long just to go to the post and send it off.

Quote:
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I am in good standing on Etsy, ebay and cosplay.com so you can rest assured that your money hasn't just been taken. I will be shipping out several commissions this week, on the same day and start updating facebook and my thread with photos as well.

And while it has been done a month, keep in mind that I had surgery not too long ago and that my follow up is on December 5th - but the healing and pain process is done and over - thankfully. And believe me I understand your financial problems as I had to skip paying my rent in order to pay for my surgery which I even had to borrow money for. The money from commissions, I can't/don't touch until commissions are done and shipped.

I also want to replace the red bulb I originally put in so I've been scouring stores for different sources.

I will email and or text before I ship it out and when I ship it out - I normally have pictures of packages at the post office.
Don’t even touch the money until the commissions are done? Then why is she so determined to side-step refunds if that’s the case! And then there is suddenly something wrog with my item when it was all ready and set earlier.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Hey again. Just wondering how the search is going, and do you think it would be done anytime soon? Been waiting a while here after all.

Quote:
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I didn't find anything over the weekend. Apparently a red bulb is hard to find even with all of the Christmas ornaments and decorations!

I also received an image of a package I sent out recently (not sure if you saw) but the box was damaged (it also got bounced between two post offices for a week), luckily it was just a wig that wasn't heavily styled so it was fine. I would very much like to hold off sending anything like this out until after the holidays and so I can put proper insurance services on it and avoid it being lost or damaged.
Let me get this straight – you had a hard time finding a RED bulb during CHRISTMAS season – the season of white, greens and REDS? Not even that it has to be a Christmas-oriented item, but one can get a red sphere probably anywhere – even online!

Being the lenient person I unfortunately am, I brushed off that Halloween deadline because my actually convention was not scheduled until March...

NOTE: That there is A WHOLE 5 MONTH span in between my deadlines. More than enough time to do anything.

(CONTINUED TO NEXT POST)

Last edited by Ketania : 09-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Ketania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #185
Ketania

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Could I get a picture of it just as it is now? I mean, I don't think that's unreasonable considering how long I've been waiting.
And if it helps speed things up: http://www.neonhusky.com/JShop/product.php/133/28
Sorry. I'm just getting tired of waiting with nothing to show for it. :x

Also, I dont think it'd get lost or anything, I've ordered plenty of things before and they've arrived fine, besides you only are a few hours away so I doubt it would have a chance to get lost anyway. Especially if you shipped overnight.

I need it by March for my con. Considering it's practically been done for almost 3 months and I have no proof, I'd like something at least. It just seems that it keeps getting put off by something every month and its quite aggravating.

Quote:
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I'll get a picture as soon as possible (the weekend was my birthday so I haven't been around very much) and trust me, I understand your frustration, it's not my intention to make you upset at all.

And I'm really hesitant on the shipping. I usually go with the 2-3 day shipping and lately that's been taking at least a week to get to where it needs to go. And mail we've been expecting has been taking longer too, and I know at least one item is in limbo somewhere.

Plus with the recent damaged box having only been for a wig, I want to make sure I have your staff packed really, really well. I'll have to round of some styrofoam piece and packing foams and or reinforce the box as well so it's not easily crushable or bendable in any way.

The link was very helpful by the way, so I have it bookmarked and ready to order the new piece after Christmas (that way it's not sitting around while we aren't home, on the porch to be damaged or stolen).
Fast forwarding to Janurary...

Quote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Hey! It came in today! I'll spend the weekend attaching the bulb and make any last minute adjustments, get a pictures and send it out next week!
Between this period and the next email she had been continuously posting picture of her PONY SCARVES AND HATS practically every day – so where are my pictures?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Hey, I was wondering if you were able to ship it out, or if you were still planning on shipping it soon? Also, I'd like a pic of it tomorrow or so, since you seem able to be posting pictures alot recently, and I have been promised pictures "asap" plenty of times.
I'm tired of this situation dragging out with no results as I've stated many of times before.

Quote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I still plan on shipping it out. The only pictures I am posting are of scarves. That is my first priority above all else at the moment because those and all of the hats need to be done as soon as possible and there is a business partner and investor behind the scenes. I have a couple commissions that need done by Katuscon as well and my costume is at the absolute bottom of list of things to do. I've been pulling 16 hours days working on stuff with little sleep or food and dealing with a frozen kitchen. I am rushing as fast as I can to finish everything and spare some time to make a trip to the post office. And I have three weeks to finish everything and ship everything out including your commission.

It is in my contract that it is possible that deadlines are missed and that I wish to send out a top notch finished product rather than send something poorly done or flimsy.
Katsu-con and your con troubles honestly do not matter to me! It is well past the date and you’ve had plenty of time to do things. THOUGH, I did get her to print out a shipping label for me... (Obviously, it did nothing.)

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM
[Address redacted]

Also, I'd like a tracking number, or a picture/screenshot of said label just for, you know, my own validation. Sooner this is over, the better ya know. Also, considering you've had it for months past my deadline, and the last piece, the bulb, came in a week ago, it should honestly be "top-notch done" by now.

Quote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Well yes and no being that I do have other commissions to work on as well. I can't entirely stop and get even more behind on schedule. My surgery did put me behind schedule between Halloween and December and from there I've been working on that backlog. I've closed off a couple months this year in order to catch up with out any deadlines slowing me down and so I don't have commissions back to back so that nothing is rushed and everything is on time.

As for Katuscon I have approximately 135 scarves and 230 hats to make which I only have three weeks in order to do so. Because, my business partner took his sweet time with the paperwork and funding and didn't understand the fact that I have other deadlines to meet and as great as i am at my craft I am still only one person. I tried pushing and pushing for things to be done sooner, but now I've had to practically drop everything I'm doing in order to work on our inventory while all he does once in a while are the taxes and whatever paperwork. I still do all of the crafting, the commissions, any advertising, shipping, manning the artist alley tables, etc. It has been extremely frustrating and even more frustrating and stressful for my current commissions as I had evenly planned out ahead of time the time to work on and finish things and even shipment times. It is not something I wanted to come up in my schedule and at all costs tried avoiding.
Again with HER troubles...

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM
You do realize every time I seem to bring up my concerns with you, you just seem to ignore them? It's not very professional for someone who calls this their job. The service I've been receiving the past few months is ridiculous, and if I must, I will publicly warn others about it.

All the promises of pictures and shipping, and the excuses: You need a sunny day to get a picture? You obviously didn't for your other ones. I even tried to make it easier on you by giving you my texting number. "I'll get you a picture before shipment." How many times have you promised shipping by now? At least 4 off my head. It makes you sound like a con at this point thought I doubt you are one. "I'll get you a picture ASAP." Well, you obviously have the time now.

Sorry, but your con issues are not my problem, and if you had given me a picture all those months ago like I had asked, especially when you said that "taking pictures would be your priority for the next few weeks", we would not be here at this moment.

So once again I am asking you to either scan and send me the shipping label you claimed to have printed out just yesterday or a picture of my prop itself, since you seem so quick to post pictures of your scarves all this past week.

Quote:
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I don't mean to ignore you if it comes off that way. I try to be quick with my responses when I have the time to respond to emails, which isn't as frequent currently so my communication hasn't been up to speed as I would like. Hence why I have a facebook page - that is if people are actually following it. It's much easier to post there sometimes than respond to multiple emails, so I usually try to post a to do list or status updates on fabric and shipments and so on. Unless it's a tracking number then, I'll email those out.

Pictures - it is easy to take pictures of costumes since there is room for them. They go on a dress form in which there is a makeshift backdrop pinned to my wall. There isn't space to take pictures of props inside. And my surgery was most definitely not an illegitimate excuse - that put me out a month and behind schedule and it was unforeseen. And as said, I am still working on that backlog. And of course, packages were damaged in December. I was notified by one client and she sent me the picture of her received package - so I most definitely did not want to risk sending out anymore.
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Arielle
It leads me to ask where you are keeping my commission if there's no room to take a picture. Take one of it where ever it sits now. If its detachable like you say then just get a picture of the bulb and the head of the staff or part of it, I don't know. It doesn't have to be the whole entire thing. Hell, I don't even care if it's not the most glamorous picture ever. I just want proof that something of it exists.

Again, like I've been saying you have time for scarf pics, you’d have a minute to give my picture.

Here, I had the tracking label, just waiting for it to...update – watching the mail closely since she sent it through Priority. After not getting anything for a while, I went all to the trouble of calling USPS service myself with my issue, they then linked to the post office in Mykaios’s town only to tell me...THEY NEVER RECEIVED ANY KIND OF PACKAGE.

(continued in next post)

Last edited by Ketania : 09-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #186
GodKing_Jedi

Oh, Ketania, honey, truly I'm so sorry, and I can see very much the mirroring of my own experiences in yours....I'm just heartsick for you!....though I immediately noticed how, in her January 23rd E-mail, she told you something about how she was "working on other commissions" - because in that very same timeframe, she had told me that she was working solely and exclusively on Loki, and that she had entirely cleared her schedule accordingly. So. Both of us, evidently misled and worse.

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 09-11-2013 at 03:54 PM.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #187
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropsOfRain View Post

DropsOfRain, I just re-read the posts you made and you weren't out of line. It's because of what you and others like you have said that, I feel, there has been any acknowledgement at all of personal culpability on the part of the commissioner at fault; plainly put, it's because of you guys and what you've had to say that the pressure has been put on, such that anything has been done - or may yet be. Were it not for you, I worry that I would be made to feel like I truly have no recourse whatsoever....I really would feel alone, then, if not even rather helpless. And that, I will not stand for any longer. Your posts were entirely pertinent to the matter at hand - specifically, stating that:

"It's really not difficult to take a few minutes to post pictures of the current status of your customer's costumes.

It's really not difficult to make a list of what you owe your customers, be it costume in whatever state, or any amount of refund.

It's really not difficult to take some time out of your busy work and school schedule to package everything up.

It's really not difficult to make one phone call and arrange for your packages to be picked up at your house or workplace, or even ask a friend or family member to drop them off at a post office, if due to your work and school schedule you cannot make the trip down yourself. And it's really not that hard to obtain tracking numbers for those packages and send them to your customers, either.

It's really not that hard to give your customers the refund they have asked for.

It's actually astonishingly easier to do all of those things than to keep going trying to blame your customers, throwing the "Shame on you! I'm the victim here!" card. If not in the short term, than definitely in the long run when you will have to answer to legal action."

And also: "And before you say it, waiting to start sending out your packages 5 (or is it 4?) days from now, and a few at a time, is not good enough. This is stringing your customers along, forcing them to be powerless while you are in control. This is not what you should be doing, and is actually being self-destructive. You are not entitled to make these people wait on their goods and money after stringing them along for so long, some of them over a year. The only thing you should be doing is working to get them their goods ASAP. Not days from now, ASAP."

I would ask you to please not feel badly or that you somehow misstepped in posting what you did, because as the affected and aggrieved party - one of many - I can assure you that you did no such thing. And were it not for you, and others, saying what you are - I tremble to think of what would, or more to the point would clearly not, be happening otherwise. Because we've already seen that the commissioner in question proved not at all responsive nor willing with me directly, at all.
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #188
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

I am hoping and assuming this has been done, but I highly recommend that those affected screencap and save this thread. I realize that it can only be closed if OP requests it, but you never know when a third-party may come in and break a few rules that causes this thread to be deleted or closed. Having this thread on hand will greatly help you if you decide to pursue more action against her.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

(let it be known I am not giving unsolicited legal advice which Admin had stated not to do in his post, I am just stating an obvious fact)

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Ohayocon 2015

Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Goddess Purple Heart (Hyperdimention Neptunia)- 70%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 90%
Poison Ivy (Batman)- 0%
Ashe the Frost Archer (League of Legends)- 90%

Last edited by Amaya : 09-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #189
Ketania

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM
So... where's my package?

Quote:
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I have two other packages that I sent out that have gone missing and at least one package that was sent to me had been sent back to the sender twice (meanwhile I'm getting fabric and material orders that are also shipped USPS just fine). I had gone to the post office to inquire about them when I was sending out a couple scarves yesterday - to see if someone maybe placed them aside at the post office location or if they could look it up on their own system - but nothing came up.

I *have* to put insurance on everything that I send out now. I'm still hoping the packages show up.
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
So does this mean you sent out my package and it's lost, or you haven't yet, even though you made a label weeks ago? Which hasn't updated past Label Received?

If it got to the post office it should of said it was accepted or arrived there, then. I even just ordered a few things off amazon recently, and those came in just fine.
I mean it is possible to make a label and not send it out. If you knew things were getting lost, why risk sending out more stuff? All these months every time you planned on shipping my commission something else just seemed to get in it's way, and the one time you do ship it out, it just... gets lost. Then you've never even showed me one picture of it these past 6 months. As far as I'm concerned it hasn't existed besides the texts on this screen.

I'm sure you can see how I've been feeling scammed. I want a refund if I'm not getting my package at this point.

SENT. WITHOUT INSURANCE. Let me reiterate – BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER –

“I would very much like to hold off sending anything like this out until after the holidays and so I can put proper insurance services on it and avoid it being lost or damaged.”

REALLY. JUST REALLY.

Quote:
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I sent more stuff but I also insured the new stuff because of those missing packages. The post office doesn't scan printed labels when you drop off packages, they only scan them if you use the labels provided on site.
Amazon generally ships UPS, it's usually other sellers and companies who ship USPS. I don't have a problem with receiving items sent through UPS or FedEx either. But as mentioned, I've been having problems receiving USPS packages as well.
Just happened to...insure the new things...and not...my things...that you said you were going to insure...2 months before!

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Seriously. Refund me. You are just stealing my money at this point.

Quote:
On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I don't see why you'd say that when I have good feedback including on ebay and etsy.

You signed a contract and have read my guidelines that say "no refunds." I'm sorry you haven't gotten it but it was packaged and shipped. And, honestly I can't do much about the post office losing my packages, because yours isn't the only one lost and even I haven't received packages that I'm expecting.

What I CAN do is remake it and send it via UPS since it's a lot more reliable.

I am not the most perfect commissioner/person in the world and I know and admit that I have a few things to work on. I and others know that I have a couple things overdue from the fall and early winter due to my surgery that I have to finish and send out.

I don't expect everyone to be understanding or forgiving and I understand as I am indeed, running a business and that I should be upholding myself to a certain standard. I aim to please the best I can, whether there are a few road bumps or not. I intend to deliver high quality products and products in general.

I have even closed off full months (during busy times of the year for conventions as well) so that I can finally catch up and not take anymore commissions until then.
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM
So USPS says they never even received the package. So seriously, what's the deal here?

Quote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I've dropped off all of my packages. The last thing I sent out were scarves, but they were insured which might've made the difference.

And as I've said, I will be remaking it. I just got back in from having been out of town at Katsucon last night, so I'll be getting back to work on things this week.
I waited for this remake. My leniency kicked in and I think to myself- ‘Ok, she’s this determined to even remake it at this point? I’ll just wait it out...” WHY do I even bother trying to be so NICE!

Anyway, I told her my...trip was a week earlier than it actually was. I would have been back at the time her next excuse rolled around.

Quote:
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
It will be done around the time you get back. I have other commissions to send out at the same time so things will be shipped next week I'll get pics uploaded by then too.
I then LEFT for just about over a week and then CAME BACK hoping to have SOME mail waiting for me.

Quote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Nope, it will be the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I have to make several trips next week as well.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
It is still here, I haven't sent it. I have a backlog of pictures of all commissions to start getting up and my schedule is lighter this month so I can catch up on everything. I apologize that this has been frustrating, believe me I am beating myself over it. But I am constantly working on things and getting them ready.
On Apr 12, 2013 3:43 PM
Skip the pictures. Send it out. I'm tired of waiting, and I'm tired of your excuses. You've missed both my deadlines for something that should not of taken half this long at all.

Quote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Well at the moment I am unable to send anything out as my wallet was stolen so I had to cancel all of my cards and am waiting on replacements. I can prove that. The lights in my work room also don't work whichI also have a picture of so that disables me to work on anything. I'm waiting on the landlord to fix it.
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Take it outside and text me the picture.

I then lost my nerve and posted my initial review, here is her response.

(continued)

Last edited by Ketania : 09-11-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: formatting
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #190
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay

I would also like to make one last statement, with upmost respect to admins, that advising to file an internet crime report is not unsolicited legal advice. In all honesty many parties don't know that this is an option that can be done and is encouraged to help stop these kinds of things from happening. Drops of Rain has been very correct. But I will shut up now and give my support to Jedi privately. Here is the link one last time for those that need it: http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #191
Ketania

Quote:
So, I didn't respond for 4 days, usually not my turn around time on responses but not like that matters anyway seeing as your fed up. I've read your posts and replied to one and am still waiting on my debit cards. From there I can buy a proper light/lamp and from there I can begin to ship things out and take pictures again, and honestly this past weekend has been rainy, which is why I don't ever really take pictures outside.

And whether you believe me or not, January up to Kastucon was really out of my hands as the money towards all of my artist ally things weren't mine (neither is commission money but still), it was a very, very serious deadline of work to be done (not saying that my commission aren't because they are) and I had originally planned for Katuscon to be done and settled in advanced. I worked almost non-stop and on little sleep on these items, as I do on almost other things. But all in all, I really wanted the paperwork and funds to be in before the winter and for things to be ready for the holiday season and they weren't and by the time that was all done, I had to drop everything I was doing. I didn't even get to cosplay myself - if it makes you feel any better I haven't been able to make anything for myself at all as all of my commissions take precedence.

While, I am rather hurt by your posts but very understanding, I do hope that your grade will change upon receiving pictures and shipment of your commission. I know the tardiness can't be forgiven, but i do hope that my trying to keep up with communication and the quality of my work will somewhat make up for it. I don't ever want to come across as a bad commissioner or a scam artist, because I'm not and while your personal experience may not show that at the moment, I hope that you will see and understand soon. I do hope to constantly improve my services and to never miss anymore deadline in the future and be a lot more up to date on progress images and updates because I know I am not perfect in that area.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Your cards and lamp went out only recently, yes?

Then what happened in between after Katsucon and now? Or before Katsucon when "you only had 3 weeks to ship everything out?" Or hey, even before the holidays when I gave you my number to text over Thanksgiving? That week after the super storm? This even goes back to my original deadline, those 3 days you were shipping orders you couldn't do mine?

You've obviously had the time to be shipping things to other people, I've seen some FB posts, and all I get is 'next week, next week, next week' then you never deliver. Also, taking pictures of ponies merchandise and hair dye (yes I browse threads also) does not make you look any better to customers.

Like I have said months ago, just take it to another room, put it on the floor or on a wall or somewhere and take a picture. It's detachable right? So it wouldn't even take up that much room at all. You still have my number - you can still text it to me. You agreed it'd be easier. You obviously have lighting everywhere else.

Your current situation honestly does not excuse the past several months and you can't expect to believe you'll ship it out again after the numerous times you've said it before.

Quote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Cards and lamp was recent.
Before Katsucon, I mainly worked on the pony stuff. After Katsucon, I've beeen working on other commissions as not to get further behind and miss any deadlines. I had planned to be caught up this month and even head with progress and shipping things out but currently cannot do so because of the lights and cards. Thanksgiving, I was out of town. During and after the super storm and most of November was my surgery and me recovering.
And again, I'm still behind on shipping orders. I walk to the post office, so I usually carry the smaller things like wigs or costumes that I am able to fold in a carry-able box. The bigger things I either schedule a pick up for or carry one by one to the post office.

Anyway, the card and lighting issue should be over by the end of the week, and from there I can buy a new light and take pictures of everything start shipping things out again. I will have pictures sent by the end of the week.
And again, I hope that once this is all over and you have your commission I do hope that you are happy with it enough to change your review. And I hope that some day, you'll give me a chance at another commission to prove how well I can do things in terms of updates, pictures and turn around times.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM
>During and after the super storm and most of November was my surgery and me recovering.

"I'll get you progress pictures mid-October; I need a sunny day to take a picture; I'll ship it out this weekend; I'll ship it out this Monday, express if I have to; the weather is still bad so I'll wait until it clears up to walk out; I'll ship it next week when the weather clears up."

>Thanksgiving, I was out of town.

"I'll send you a text with a pic and ship it out Monday after I get back."

>Before Katsucon, I mainly worked on the pony stuff.

"I have three weeks to ship out commissions - including yours.; The bulb came in, I'll be shipping it next week."

Then you send it without insurance even though you said you would in December, and knowing you were still missing mail and such.

>After Katsucon...

March 7 - "It will be done around the time you get back. I have other commissions to send out at the same time so things will be shipped next week."
March 20 - "Nope, it will be the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I have to make several trips next week as well."
April 2 - "I have a backlog of pictures of all commissions to start getting up..."

Makes you sound like already took pictures. By which I said if you're able to sit there and make forum and Facebook posts, then just upload those pictures already, hm?

>I walk to the post office, so I usually carry the smaller things like wigs or costumes that I am able to fold in a carry-able box. The bigger things I either schedule a pick up for or carry one by one to the post office.

When you gave me the label, I measured the box on my floor, it isn't that big. If you were backed up so much on shipping , you should of made the effort to schedule or carry them all out.

You can see the pattern here. The cards and lights now still don't excuse any of it - be it in the past or not.

As for another commission with you? Unfortunately, not after all this. Not after this experience. That money I gave you was the last of mine I could afford. And my wallet is not fit for how expensive cosplaying is.

If I don't have anything by the end of the week like you oh-so say once again, then you are truly just a scam.

She didn’t reply to any of that.

Quote:
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Just letting you know that I'll be getting lights and light bulbs tomorrow, so the latest pictures should be out is Monday.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Will be emailing you and posting pictures up within 24 hours. Staff should be shipped by the end of the week.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I'm working on getting as many pictures as I can. I just sat down for dinner. I'm off to a slow start but they will be up. I know I said I'd post them up today, but I've been out all day. I won't be going anywhere tomorrow, so they will most definitely be up by tomorrow evening.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I don't foresee anything coming up and do have plans on going to the post office. I'll even get a picture of me at the post office for you -_-;
SUDDENLY. FINALLY. She posted a picture of the commission in construction. I told her there were some off thing about it and she offered to remake it a third time. At this point I honestly stopped caring. I had no deadlines, no conventions, she wants to remake it? Then fine. I would have wanted a refund though, but seeing as how it got me nowhere before...

She promised a Sketch back in April and 3 month plus pass with nothing. I begged her for a refund because I was in a very bad financial situation, couldn’t even afford food for a while, and I would of course love some money rather than a staff I cannot use.

But no – she denied me.

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Please just refund me. I am in a financial crisis right now and can barely afford food let alone pay my bills. I would rather have some spare cash than a prop I have no use for. I have no deadlines. I have no conventions.

Furthermore, you are most likely busy with other's commission who actually need theirs, your classes and whatever else you may be doing - and considering this is the staff's third remake, it would be a great stress reliever (to us both I might add) to just refund me.

Honestly, I do not care about receiving my commission at this point. I worry more about my bills and eating over a prop with no use. My situation is just stressing on me. I would like a refund because of the above reasons. I will gladly take down my review if you can just give me my money back.

Please reply.
I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

She replied to me with that she pretty much survived off commission money. At the time. That is clearly not the case now that she has a job and the money to pay for school. She STILL denies any refunds.

Then we’re here with Shadowken’s first thread, which just resurfaced everything.

@Amaya - I actually have been capping these threads. Every page. I can send them to anyone if they want it.
About filing for a report. I would honestly LOVE to, but if it goes to court and such I do not have funding or am in a good enough situation to be dealing with all those things. The others have done their parts, that should really be enough to get it through Mykaios's head.

Last edited by Ketania : 09-11-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: formatting
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #192
GodKing_Jedi

....I would also like to add that none of the advice has been "unsolicited", as well, since I stated in my original post that I had filed an Internet crime report of my own - following Soul Siren's lead - and I also mentioend as much for others who were in the same proverbial boat and felt it necessary to take such steps, being of course as they too were driven to them. I also stated in my original post that I would be pursuing other options, those of course being specifically legal in nature, and I will indeed be doing so. Nothing said therein was "unsolicited", it was but simply statement of fact. (just to assuage any concerns the admins might have, so that they need worry no longer - again I thank them for their understanding in this matter)

Additional "update": still no pictures presented to me in any way, shape or form. This, despite the "list" posted earlier today, in which it was claimed that Loki was "completed" apart from the supposed painting and attaching of the armour pieces. I reiterate my statement of earlier that I do not want that done, and it is my demand that the cosplay be packaged up and sent to me immediately, without any further delays. This should not take weeks, and it certainly should not take the over month-and-a-half which was claimed. DropsOfRain has already made statements, to that end, which I quoted above as well. I want it sent to me now, and I want my refund. This is the only course of action which will alleviate anything further on my part.
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #193
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I would like this thread to be able to remain open as a grounds for those involved to get what they paid for. I spoke with OP and allowed her to make the thread, on the grounds that everyone keeps a levelhead and tries their best to remain composed, even if it may be difficult considering the amount of time that has passed for some of you, especially. I personally hope that everyone who has paid for something either gets a refund or what they paid for, which is why I allowed this thread to be posted after I closed the original one for getting out of control. I will keep an eye on this thread as I have the past couple of days to make sure that it doesn't get that way again.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #194
GodKing_Jedi

I am posting again to reiterate: according to her own supposed "list", posted this very morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
October 31th:
-*Asuka + Winry - completed. <=Wolf
-*Female Ezio/assassin + boa plushie - completed, event deadline.
-*Loki - armor needs painted and attached, otherwise completed, event deadline (Thor movie). <=GodKingJedi
-*Shadow Lugia hoodie - need to install led lights for eyes, otherwise completed.
I never specified anywhere that the Thor 2 movie premiere was my deadline for her and hence for the cosplay. I NEVER said that to her, not once. To reiterate, the only mention I made of such a date was with regards to me saying that I now found myself having to make other arrangements, for that date - because Mykaios had left me with no choice whatsoever! But I never told her any such date, dand she certainly never consulted on it with me, and I certainly would never have even remotely agreed to it. Particularly since any such actual "deadline" (if we even trust such things anymore, and I don't, I literally cannot afford to) would in plain fact be for New York Comic Con now, instead, that being of course October 10-13.

If I were going to say anything at all, it would of course be that I want and demand ALL materials, the cosplay as it is in whatever state it may be in, in advance of that date. October 10th. NOT AFTER. And certainly not "October 31st", because again, I never said anything of the sort to her - so she pulled said date completely out of nowhere, which is beyond galling.

Again I reiterate my demand, as the customer, that the cosplay as it stands right now, and all materials for it, are to be shipped. Right now. Not next week or the week after, and certainly not in over a month and a half's (!!!) time....now. As noted in DropsOfRain's post, this can absolutely be done - there is no reason whatsoever that it cannot be. Simply package it all up, and send it. DONE. I do NOT want her finishing "painting the armour and attaching it" - I don't care about that! - I just want it. NOW. Though of course, if it's so "otherwise completed" - again, PICTORIAL PROOF. Now. Not at all difficult.

Only the above being fulfilled will, at this point, prevent further escalation of these matters. This is simply a statement of fact, albeit a truly unfortunate one.
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #195
HoudinisGirl

Hi everyone,

You all know that my issue with Mykaios has been resolved- and what's more, the amazing commissioner who offered to make MLP scarves for my step-daughters has already sent the first progress photos. So that is a good ending for me.

However, I was concerned after reading the warnings about legal advice in this thread. I took the liberty of calling my lawyer, Tony Behrens, who also happens to be my dad, and asking if there was cause for anyone involved in this thread to be concerned. He stated that suggesting someone file an internet crime report, and suggesting methods for obtaining a refund do not constitute "legal advice."

He said the biggest reason why making those suggestions is not illegal is because no one in this thread is charging fees for their input- but he also pointed out that people say things like, "Well, you should file a police report about that," and "You can't let them get away with that! Go talk to your bank!" all the time. It's the same thing and no one who has posted up to this point should be worried about getting in trouble for offering alleged "legal advice."
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote