Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
HoudinisGirl

I should also add that I am deeply, deeply disappointed on a personal level, not just a professional level. I wanted those MLP scarves for my two step-daughters. Their mother is a total flake and makes astronomical promises that she does not deliver on- trips to Disneyland and Disney World, new clothes, new shoes, new toys, a new house. I am the only mother figure they have that they can count on, and I go out of my way to make sure I deliver everything that I promise.

Now I have to tell them that they're not getting their scarves after all, after I got them all excited and let them pick out which scarves they wanted.

You can tell me to be patient, and accuse me of being selfish because I expect a "professional" to follow through on paid, promised services. That doesn't change the fact that my kids are going to be bitterly disappointed over this. That is unforgivable. I'm an adult and I can deal with it. They shouldn't have to.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyefrost View Post
Dude, you think that she wanted to make you feel bad? She's at her limit and did not want to do this. From this, she's one of the last that wanted to make you feel bad. So why guilt trip her on her feelings? You said so yourself that you don't have time to answer emails because you're catching up.
  • One, Pictures you keep telling everyone that you cannot upload and never tell the reason. (uploading pictures are very quick, just snap and upload then go back to your commission)
    And as multiple people had pointed out in the previous thread, just take a crappy picture.
  • Second, Did you not read what she wrote? HOW can she trust you? For all she knows, Loki is not even finished and it "sound" like a scam. (not if it is)
  • "I can't send the cosplay before the pictures?" that's sounds like an excuse saying I haven't finished it.
  • Does the cosplay even exist?

Why would they want to wait for you to finish when they don't trust you?

They want someone else that they can trust!

We only have your word that the cosplay existed (loki) and now it's not good enough anymore. You keep breaking multiple promises and expect everyone to keep believing you? Boy who cried wolf moral in mind.

I know you said you have pride in your work and all that but that's not important anymore. It's really isn't, when obviously you cannot finish it in a timely manner. At this point, even if the cosplay was perfect in every way it would still be a horrible experience.

It's stressing everyone out and you, give everyone a break.

What I think you should do is to give everyone their unfinished cosplays, (and the materials needed to finish it.) They deserve to not waste their time waiting for a cosplay that might be not even finished in the next two years. The more you delay on the cosplay the more stress they go through. It would be beneficial to you as well so you can work on school and work.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, Skyefrost, and HoudinisGirl, Aqua's Rhapsody, Ayase_Shin - truly, thank all of you so very, very sincerely much for your support through all this, and knowing that there are indeed others out there who can clearly see the utterly eggregious nature of what I've been through....what I'm so clearly having to deal with, as you can also see plainly and unfortunately from the tenor of said commissioner's reply in this thread, but I am equally thankful to see that people are seeing it for what it is, plainly put.

And indeed you are right, Skyefrost, also in that I absolutely did not want it to come to this - I did not want to be driven, utterly driven to this - to where I literally had no choice but to make this review post and to lay things out explicitly, exactingly and precisely as they have occurred. In no way do I view this as the ideal, and never for an instant would I have thought to find myself in such a position - but then, it is in no way, shape or form my own fault, I feel, that I do.

I am the customer, and I paid for the completion and delivery of my cosplay in a timely fashion and adherent to the signed-contract deadline. That did not happen - constantly, and repeatedly, and I will no longer tolerate dissembling and trifling, meagre and lacklustre excuses ad nauseam. For months and months - and now literally the past full year, because it has indeed been such since first I engaged in contact with her with regards to this commission - I have been patient and willing and attempted to be as understanding as is humanly possible.

I have pushed back my own plans and sidelined my own desires time and time again. I will not do so, and I will not suffer such crushing, bitter disappointment any longer. I have simply reacted and taken actions accordingly, because again - granted no choice in the matter. If the commissioner in question also did not wish matters to reach this nadir, then she should have fulfilled the contract and done everything which in her power lay to make this right. She has not, which I feel says much right there.

Also, Aqua's_Rhapsody, I completely understand how your friends who have also been affected by this commission - how those people would feel, being honestly worried - afraid, in truth, that should they speak up they won't get anything at all....even though such behaviour on the part of the commissioner would only demonstrate extreme pettiness, for starters. I share their concern - it's a fear and frustration I too have harboured, very much so, because again....what else am I left to think here, right? What else can any of us think? At the same time, though, I had truly endured all that I could, and it was so far past the point of all toleration that when it became clear to me with her most recent statements - including a post stating similarly on her FB - being that she didn't know when she'd have pictures up, and she wouldn't be sending out cosplays until the pictures themselves were (but goodness only knows when/if that would ever be!) - I felt that it was a true breaking point, to be honest. Just - enough, in every sense!
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

No one has read a single thing I posted and this goes for the previous thread/s as well... People may be following the threads and posts, but honestly it doesn't matter what I say or do. Even if I were to magically catch up in an instant, it still wouldn't change the fact that those such as Soul_Siren has filed an internet crime report (which can be removed and I'm not sure how it would effect my personal record and deal with things like applying to med schools) especially since she has actually seen proof of her commission, although not pictures of completed work.

Pictures are not a quick and easy process for me and I can't emphasize that enough. I get that people want to see pictures, I understand even why people don't want to see pictures as this point. But then to go around and say that they refuse to pay for the rest of their commission, because they have yet to see any pictures, while I have been trying to get them up as fast as I can (pictures for all and any of my commissions) and have not requested any remaining payments until I am able to get these pictures, sorted, somewhat edited and emailed or posted is another.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I'm sorry but like its been said take your phone click the picture and post it!
DONT EDIT them or anything. You should never have to edit your pictures anyway if its work in progress
just post them!
Its the only way people are going to take you seriously. Go to a library if you don't have a computer or whatever just do it so we can see you are serious.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

I've been observing this for a while. My apologies if I seem harsh in some respects, but I really feel I can't stay silent anymore.

Mykaios, STOP IT. Seriously. Stop with the victim complex. Every time you post, it can be boiled down to 'Poor me, I'm doing my best to catch up. All of these people complaining are just meanies, you don't know what it's like, blah blah blah...'. ENOUGH. When people are posting on here publicly calling you out, there is something wrong. When people post on here about you lying to them (seriously, what else do you call giving fake tracking numbers?), about you stringing them along for months on end, about you making promises you don't follow through on, then there's a serious problem.

Look, people can and do understand real life happens. My parents run their own business, and I'm sure that the times Mom has had to be away (in the hospital, hurrying back to the Midwest when my grandfather was dying, etc.) people understood because they were informed about it. Had you been upfront and told people something to the effect of, 'I'm very sorry, but due to circumstances beyond my control I'm way behind on commissions', people might understand. Maybe you could have offered to send them the materials so they could have found a commissioner to finish their costumes so as to head off any disappointment. Instead, you've continued to hide, to deny, and to outright lie to people; then when you're called on it, you fall back on the guilt trips and victim complex. Seriously, in what universe is that acceptable?

I'm sorry, but this is supposed to be a FUN hobby. This is supposed to be something people enjoy. When I read about Godking_Jedi, Houdinis_Girl, and the others, it just makes me angry. You are taking advantage of their goodwill, and throwing it back in their faces when they call you on it. You're taking part of their fun away with your lies and your false promises, and that's unacceptable.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayase Shin View Post
I'm sorry but like its been said take your phone click the picture and post it!
DONT EDIT them or anything. You should never have to edit your pictures anyway if its work in progress
just post them!
Its the only way people are going to take you seriously. Go to a library if you don't have a computer or whatever just do it so we can see you are serious.
Thank you, Ayase! (I can snap a simple cellphone pic and upload it to my comp, or even post it directly from my phone, literally within seconds - after these many months upon interminable months, I feel there to be no excuse whatsoever for anything less than that) So very sincerely glad someone said it, or certainly further reiterated it, in any case. I've been asking, entreating and imploring for any in-progress pics since March, and since March had been continually, repeatdly promised them - "tomorrow" or "the next day" or "by the weekend", etc., etc., ad nauseam, and yet surprise surprise, they never showed. Never anything other than one measly "fabric swatch" pic and, as very tellingly remarked upon by others, no proof whatsoever that the cosplay had even been worked on at all, this whole time. (despite the "promises" made, DragonCon-wise, whcih clearly were never going to be followed through on) Given such demonstrated behaviour, I unfortunately rather doubt that it has been. You can well imagine what reaction that elicits from me....!
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #22
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Sabyne View Post
Had you been upfront and told people something to the effect of, 'I'm very sorry, but due to circumstances beyond my control I'm way behind on commissions', people might understand.
That is part of the point though. I HAVE been upfront about every single set back I have and I HAVE said that I have gotten behind and because of that I no longer take commissions. I have denied any of this or anything else and I have, many times, admitted and accepted such.

I don't know which to prioritize at this point. I can't miss school or work in order to work on my commissions but I don't know if I should be working on my current and upcoming commissions or delayed ones. I don't want to further upset people, or upset more people and miss more deadlines and get further behind, and I just want to be able to catch up on what I need to catch up. I don't know if either route would be understood.

Last edited by Mykaios : 09-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
littlemissnerdy

IMO, the people who have been waiting the longest should have their stuff taken care of first. I would suggest, if you haven't, sending an email to EVERYONE (BCC of course) explaining everything and the order in which things will get done. Not exact costumes but more along the lines of dates. Be sure to explain you're not taking anything else on either. I know you've said it here but I'm not sure everyone reads or follows every post.
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
That is part of the point though. I HAVE been upfront about every single set back I have and I HAVE said that I have gotten behind and because of that I no longer take commissions. I have denied any of this or anything else and I have, many times, admitted and accepted such.

I don't know which to prioritize at this point. I have upcoming deadlines (though not many), and I don't want to get further behind and miss more deadlines, if I have to focus on my delayed commissions, because then I'll just end up missing all of my deadlines... I'm not sure if that'd be understood either.

Please read what I said. Without proof, how the heck should THEY trust you? We only have your word that they exist. And your word is not enough anymore. you broken that trust.

Picture is snap and upload. All of us are tech savvy and know it doesn't take a long time . And if you don't have a computer, your college have one.
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #25
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissnerdy View Post
IMO, the people who have been waiting the longest should have their stuff taken care of first. I would suggest, if you haven't, sending an email to EVERYONE (BCC of course) explaining everything and the order in which things will get done. Not exact costumes but more along the lines of dates. Be sure to explain you're not taking anything else on either. I know you've said it here but I'm not sure everyone reads or follows every post.

This sounds like good advice considering what I've been from GodKing Jedi's post with what else you have taken on. At this point you need to explain that you have past deadlines that need to be taken care of first. I don't think having the people who have been on your list for a year now are willing to wait much longer. Hopefully you will have some understanding costumers that realize that you have gotten in over your head.

I would suggest if they want that you send their materials to them if they rather not wait. I know from previous posts it says that you must complete it but I think you need to look at removing some work load from yourself. I'm sure some of your costumers would be willing to pay the shipping for their material. Now if the customer has paid in full they will have to wait for their costume since you have no money to return to them. It's time to look at breaking the contract you're so focused on keeping not only for your customers well being but for yourself. It will take some stress off of you lower your work load and make some customers happy.

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru

Last edited by Endrea : 09-09-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #26
Wolfmeisterrr

Perhaps sending the commissions that are "finished " is a good way to start...that way you can focus on the other commissions. And the people who have been waiting for them can have less stress on them. I do agree with the fact people who have been waiting the longest should receive theirs first
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissnerdy View Post
That is the best bet. Come up with a list and contact all of your customers. For orders that you haven't even started, send refunds if they do not want to wait. If you have only purchased the materials and cannot refund that money, then mail them the materials if they do not want to wait and let them give it to another commissioner or do what they see fit. This way, you can cut down the number of requests that you have left. Based on what is being said, I do not believe for a second that most of the costumes are almost complete, so you have nothing to lose if a costume has only been slightly worked on and you send it out not charging the labor that wasn't done on the costume. If this is not the case and most of the costumes are complete, you have to MAKE time to take good progress photos, or no one will believe you.

If you've barely started on a costume but they haven't paid you any labor, I wouldn't ask them for any money if you've only put a few hours into the costume before sending it out if their due date has long passed. It is a compromise. Only hang on to costumes that are at least a quarter of the way finished if the customer still wants to stick with you. Do whatever you can to make these people the least angry as possible. It is the only way to resolve this train wreck. This isn't me trying to be mean, this is me trying to help you and all of your customers out, because you've made it clear that you don't know what to do anymore.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrea View Post
I would suggest if they want that you send their materials to them if they rather not wait. I know from previous posts it says that you must complete it but I think you need to look at removing some work load from yourself. I'm sure some of your costumers would be willing to pay the shipping for their material. Now if the customer has paid in full they will have to wait for their costume since you have no money to return to them. It's time to look at breaking the contract you're so focused on keeping not only for your customers well being but for yourself. It will take some stress off of you lower your work load and make some customers happy.
I completely agree, you claim you bought materials for all of your commissions, so send those materials to your customers, DO NOT start on them, just give these people something so this can end. Since you wont give refunds or any other means of compensation for these commissions.

I hope this gets resolved and she does the right thing. Stop and send out whatever you have done and im sure people can find other commissioners to complete these lost costumes...
I truly am sorry Soul_Siren and GodKing_Jedi and anyone else who has been affected by this commissioner.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/

Last edited by Ayase Shin : 09-09-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #29
littlemissnerdy

I agree with sending the materials to the customers. I honestly think that would go a long way instead of making people wait even longer for something.
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

I agree as well. It's not a perfect solution, but it would go a long way towards solving the issues that have come up.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote