Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #286
Kuroku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloof View Post
You're not the only one. I got mine too, but maybe because it was a wig.
Out of curiosity, if you don't mind, when did you get it? Was it before or after she started taking up too many commissions?
Kuroku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #287
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

It was after she started taking too many commissions. My commission was a couple of months late and it missed my convention.

Camp Anime - September 2013
Connecticon - July 2014

My dA: http://owlity.deviantart.com/
Aloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #288
Kuroku

That's good that you got your wig. Did she send you any info on the tracking number during the time?
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #289
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Siren View Post
I have been absent from commenting due to the subject of Mykaios being depressing and disappointing, but I think an update is in order.

My Sakura cosplay commission did not make her new list (with thanks to those posting screenshots!), which is supposed to be a finished commission, according to Mykaios. Where did my commission disappear to, I wonder.

I escalated my complaint against her to The Better Business Bureau as well. At this point, the more people who know about her antics the better. She has yet to prove me wrong, that is for certain.
Thank you, Soul_Siren, for mentioning the escalation of your complaint against her to the BBB - I will be doing that myself, as well, today!

Also, oh, look at that - so the premiere of "Thor 2" came and went, and still no costume, nor any word whatsoever from her, and me still with absolutely nothing to show for it. And now, suddenly, she's yet again shifting the proverbial goalposts, altering the timeframe completely of her own accord and without any consultation nor consideration whatsoever, and talking about how she'll get stuff out to people "by the holidays". Oh, that's rich, indeed! This? Is my completely not surprised face that yet again she lied, deceived, scammed and betrayed.

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 11-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #290
Shadowken

How much longer is this going to go on? I've given up on my costume and pretty much will just watch the thread to see if anyone gets any kind of refund or costume. I remember telling someone if it was even possible i'd sacrifice my own costume just so everyone here gets what they paid for or at least a refund. Heck even with my work schedule (And if i had the skill) i'd make everyone's costumes myself fast and with quality free of charge including shipping (Because i have no life or friends to talk to/hang around with haha!) But i do hope everyone here who's not received anything from her gets something that will suffice to them.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #291
HoudinisGirl

I will be filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and IC3 (which is a subsidiary of the FBI). I hope that anyone who has not received their commissions from Mykaios will do the same.

Here is a link to IC3's complaint form: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
And the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-6

Perhaps when she's facing criminal charges, she'll finally realize that she can't take advantage of people this way.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #292
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudinisGirl View Post
I will be filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and IC3 (which is a subsidiary of the FBI). I hope that anyone who has not received their commissions from Mykaios will do the same.

Here is a link to IC3's complaint form: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
And the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-6

Perhaps when she's facing criminal charges, she'll finally realize that she can't take advantage of people this way.
Thank you for the link to the FTC site - I just filled out and submitted my complaint to them!
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #293
Kuroku

Ack, scratch my reply, Aloof, I just read your review experience.

It still doesn't give Mykaios anymore positive cred on my view, and I kinda question why you gave her a B despite the fact that it missed the deadline by more than just a few days and stuff, but I'm not gonna front that or anything.

Definitely looks like she's still doing run arounds and not communicating for proper customer service. She's probably gonna requote old words such as she "can't put a definite deadline, but it'll be done" despite the fact that she made that "list".

Seriously hoping everything gets resolved with you guys. This has gone far enough. Good luck.
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #294
GodKing_Jedi

And I have just successfully filled out and submitted my own complaint against her, filed with the BBB as well; thank you very much, Soul_Siren, for that suggestion!
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #295
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

I am happy to help, especially those of us stuck in this sticky situation. It should have never come to this, and my disappointment in Mykaios permitting the situation to come to this point cannot be described!
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #296
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroku View Post
That's good that you got your wig. Did she send you any info on the tracking number during the time?
Actually, none whatsoever. She just told me she was shipping it out, and then within a few days, I got it.

Edit: I gave her a B instead of an A because it was late, but the quality of the wig was superior, which I why I stuck with a B-rating.

Camp Anime - September 2013
Connecticon - July 2014

My dA: http://owlity.deviantart.com/
Aloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #297
Kuroku

Ok, thanks for telling us. So even when she does ship something out, no tracking number is given. She would tell someone that she's shipping it out, which is given.

Based on other experiences, if she did ship it out at all, when giving out useless tracking numbers, it has the possibility of getting lost because she never puts insurance even though she knew she should based on the first times she sent products out.

During that time she'll re-do it, if it was ever done at all, according to her story. (Very BIG if.)

She said that she wouldn't be putting in deadlines because this and that. But then she made a list.

Based on the old so-called list, which she deleted from facebook, she was going to ship out various cosplays on various weeks including Loki on Oct. 31 at the premiere of the Thor movie (deadline decided WITHOUT consent of Godking Jedi).

She still hadn't posted any pictures of the products as asked of those who were supposed to have their items by the deadlines she had set herself.

She makes excuses as though taking pictures is a huge process even though this is the digital age where it only takes a click and connection to a computer to upload. She uploads pictures of items unrelated to her supposedly "finished" products.

She ignores attempts to compromise by getting whatever's in progress shipped. She refuses to give refunds despite the delays that is even more than a year and despite the fact that she doesn't give heed to customer's requests.

She calls said customers hypocrites in terms of customer service. When knowing that said customers would file claims, she claims to sue said customers back for libel when items would arrive to customers when it isn't libel, but free speech. She turns every situation to be about herself and her problems.

She continues to try to take on customers even when she stated herself that new commissions are closed so she could catch up. These new customers aren't even "friends and family".

She deletes posts and made a new list, attempting to sweep everything under the rug. Based on these experiences it is practically unclear whether or not anyone will have anything by this time.

She gets upset whenever someone calls her a scammer even though nothing she did was as promised and her word that things will be shipped gets lower and lower. Still no pictures. She gets personal when someone voices sympathy for the customers who still didn't receive their items. (Ayase-shin) And she guilt trips customers to excuse her actions. (Houdinisgirl, lycoris, etc.)

And that seems to be it, save for other things as well.
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #298
HoudinisGirl

You covered everything quite well in summarizing her behavior.

I got my scarves from another wonderful commissioner so as not to disappoint my step-daughters. It's the principle of the situation that is keeping me active in this thread- I don't take kindly to being scammed and then criticized for being upset about it. Thank God for cosplay.com forums, which enabled all of us to see that our situations are not unique and that Mykaios' scamming is not a one-time or a one-customer thing.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #299
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Does she have a Facebook anymore? I went searching for it today an couldn't find it, even did a google search for it and the only thing that popped up was this thread.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #300
Ketania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrea View Post
Does she have a Facebook anymore? I went searching for it today an couldn't find it, even did a google search for it and the only thing that popped up was this thread.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
https://www.facebook.com/mykaios.cosplay
Ketania is offline   Reply With Quote