Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #31
Skyefrost
Not Always Right
 
Skyefrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 411
which is what I said, in my first post. I'm glad that everyone agreed. Yes, she should just send over what she have done and the materials.

As for the other cosplay that she's in the middle of doing, She should post picture to show she's working on them. Why? She broke that trust by lying, (fake tracking number etc.) AND NO fake tracking numbers.
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #32
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.
 
Mykaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyefrost View Post
which is what I said, in my first post. I'm glad that everyone agreed. Yes, she should just send over what she have done and the materials.

As for the other cosplay that she's in the middle of doing, She should post picture to show she's working on them. Why? She broke that trust by lying, (fake tracking number etc.) AND NO fake tracking numbers.
When it came to tracking numbers, for the most part, I provided either a picture of the receipt or a screenshot of the receipt and or label. However, in regards to FedEx, I really had no idea that they would be invalid if not shipped by the end of the given ship date. There have definitely been occurrences where tracking numbers do not update at all or aren't even in the system and I believe almost everyone has experienced this outside of the topic at hand.

I will be sending out my emails once I get home from work. It will take some time to type up and gather my thoughts, that, and I don't get home until close to midnight. I will also be posting that email here and on my facebook page, so that we're all on the same page and that those involved (and only those involved) can work with me to take a step forward and get things done peacefully (and hopefully, really come to an understanding on things).

Last edited by Mykaios : 09-09-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
GodKing_Jedi
Registered User
 
GodKing_Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyefrost View Post
which is what I said, in my first post. I'm glad that everyone agreed. Yes, she should just send over what she have done and the materials.

As for the other cosplay that she's in the middle of doing, She should post picture to show she's working on them. Why? She broke that trust by lying, (fake tracking number etc.) AND NO fake tracking numbers.
Skyefrost - oh, I know, totally, and heck, I was requesting that way back in like May, too! BEYOND unacceptable, unforgiveable, reprehensible etc., at this point!
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate
 
Cyanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 269
EDIT: (A few of the previous posts were not there when I started writing this.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayase Shin View Post
I completely agree, you claim you bought materials for all of your commissions, so send those materials to your customers, DO NOT start on them, just give these people something so this can end. Since you wont give refunds or any other means of compensation for these commissions.
I also think this is best course of action. You need to lighten your load. You're drowning.

If you are overwhelmed, haven't started on my commission yet, and don't need this kind of pressure (You know the situation regarding my commission and where I plan to wear it. There is no "next event" I can save it for.), please send me whatever you have so I can send it to someone else. NOT because I don't trust you...in fact I am impressed by the fact that you didn't run away from all this. Also I owe you for a lot of your writings. You have been a great resource for me. But you are suffocating under the pressure and I really, truly, want to help lighten your load, with no hard feelings between us, while there is still time to do it. But you have to swallow your pride and let a few people go while there is still time to do it.
__________________
Plays With String knitting/crochet commissions
DeviantArt - Tumblr

Next conventions: Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta
Currently working on (commission): "Companion Cube" [custom] Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove), Spidermom ver. 3 (Homestuck)

Last edited by Cyanna : 09-09-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Cyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #35
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!
 
Endrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyefrost View Post
which is what I said, in my first post. I'm glad that everyone agreed..
Actually it was in your second post >> not to be splitting hairs though that's logical person in my thinking.


Anyways, I wish you luck Mykaios in getting everything in order. Take the work load off of yourself and only finish the costumes that people have paid in full for. At this point saying that they're finished and they're really not is heart breaking and to be expecting something to come in that doesn't. Hoping you can actually get materials out and finish the costumes of people that have paid in full. I would also talk to the people that have paid in full about an absolute due date. That way the have a general idea of when things will be happening instead of "I will email you when they are available."
__________________
"Do you hate me, Ragna? "

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #36
aariok
Registered User
 
aariok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
I am going to interject here because while I am in no way affected by this commissioner, I am truly APPALED by the fact that one is unable to give proof of progress done, especially when it is stated in the contract that it will be done. Even if she was working on 15 different projects at the same time, she should be taking progress pics of each one. Even if that amount of pictures is staggering (which I doubt, I will give personal examples shortly) there is no reason they can't be uploaded while working on said projects.
I recently went to Salt Lake Comic Con. My friend rented a nice camera from her school with 16 Gigabytes of memory. She took well over 700 High quality photos. (I have to point out that they are high quality, because if they were lower quality 16 gig could hold a LOT more than 700.) Upon returning home, we uploaded them onto my computer. Now, while my comp is a built gaming computer, it is seriously outdated at this point by roughly six years. It took a little over 1 hour to upload those 700 photos onto my computer. Work on the commissions could have easily been done during that time. With a click of a button, one could have then uploaded all those to facebook/wherever, then gone back to work while they uploaded to there.
So, when I see that something as simple as a photo proving progress on someone elses cosplay "Can not" be posted, I am appalled and outraged. If you ask me, the customer has every legal right to obtain the IP address of this person, discover their name, address/whatever else and take them to court, on top of filing criminal reports.
You have done the right thing and have taken the moral high road in posting this review. Allowing future prospective clients to be well informed is one of the best things you can do at this point. Thank you.
aariok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #37
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast
 
dagmarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,287
Seriously...how hard is it to grab your camera, walk up to the fucking costume, take a picture or two and send it? You make excuse after excuse yet wouldn't even do something that would take even the most minuscule amount of time to do that might prove that you were at ALL on the up and up. It doesn't matter what you say, the business practices you've exhibited here should have you rightfully blacklisted by any costumers. There is absolutely, positively no excuse. I've dealt with someone like you before, but the difference is, she put it off and did not even a half-assed job on the costume in one night, but still GOT IT TO ME.
__________________
'I am a beautiful animal!

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #38
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
After waiting for five months, giving her five hundred dollars and making me look like a fool in front of the cosplay community and moving away from the topic and fact that we gave money in the thousands total from many customers still without costumes, i'd rather just get a refund and be done with her instead of being like others whom waited a full year to never getting a costume. That's all i can say.

Last edited by Shadowken : 09-09-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #39
GodKing_Jedi
Registered User
 
GodKing_Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Of course, there are also very much the folks like me who, as I specified in my review – while it is indeed so that I have not paid the entirety of my cosplay amount – well more than half of it, however, like over $1000 into her for it, and I am not kidding – well, I’m guessing it’s very little wonder just now that I’d be feeling mightily and extremely leery about hanging over just a single cent more until there is solid and concrete, verifiable proof that the cosplay is actually physically, tangibly real. All the money I’m already in on it thus far and I obviously, as stated, have absolutely nothing to show for it – because she hasn’t shown me – therefore, I quite simply, literally cannot afford to trust her with even but single cent more, until that proof is had, and presented accordingly. Surely I am not wrong or out of bounds in feeling so? Particularly with the amount of $$ we’re talking about!
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #40
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast
 
dagmarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,287
I have to ask, do you understand that refusal to send pictures makes the person you've been making excuse after excuse to start to think that maybe you haven't done a damn THING to their costume and just refuse to admit it? Might want to consider that.
__________________
'I am a beautiful animal!

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #41
Ketania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
I have to ask, do you understand that refusal to send pictures makes the person you've been making excuse after excuse to start to think that maybe you haven't done a damn THING to their costume and just refuse to admit it? Might want to consider that.
Including the fact that during the earlier parts of this year, she was SO FAST to post plenty of picture of her hair and her pony merchandise / scarves. Yet when asked "where are my pictures of my commission?" All I got was " I have no time for it"

I'm not really gonna say much else. I'm just sick and tired of repeating myself over the past. entire. year. Everyone else in this thread is right on what Mykaios should be doing, but she obviously won't listen. I've been saying those things to her already.
Ketania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #42
Shadowken
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
I have to ask, do you understand that refusal to send pictures makes the person you've been making excuse after excuse to start to think that maybe you haven't done a damn THING to their costume and just refuse to admit it? Might want to consider that.
Indeed dagmarus. Not getting actual pictures or a tracking number when she said things were done and sent is what made me freak out in the other thread. I have big anxiety attacks and I've told her about it many times early on in the talks and how it could effect the palpitations in my heart. She knows my condition and health yet my condition was used against me as harassment when it was more on the side of my anxiety taking over.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #43
GodKing_Jedi
Registered User
 
GodKing_Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
I have to ask, do you understand that refusal to send pictures makes the person you've been making excuse after excuse to start to think that maybe you haven't done a damn THING to their costume and just refuse to admit it? Might want to consider that.
Dagmarus - thank you so much! Truly, and sincerely! I mean, thatís it precisely, isnít it Ė and when the only thing thatís ever seen fit to be shown me was that one measly fabric swatch pic Ė back in April, and itís now September, so a full five months have elapsed past even that point in itself Ė that does indeed, as you rightly say, unfortunately make me only ever more distinctly suspicious that, in point of fact, nothing has been done to the cosplay. Absolutely nothing. (over $1000 and all those purchased materials in for it, and still, nothing, which is a notion galling and angering beyond compare)

If ever I had been amiss in that assessment, Iíd of course have loved nothing more than to see actual proof, but never did, and so the lack of it same is really, if I may say, rather damning or indicting. As was the lack of the commissionerís clarifying response to such concerns when I broached them to her directly, and on more than one occasion, actually.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #44
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner
 
Ayase Shin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 373
i truly feel for everyone involved in this,
Shadowken I do feel you are in the right to comment on your experience and she should not have put you through this trauma, i can understand your undertaking.
(I suffer from anemia and anxiety so medically I understand this stress and what it does to you.)

I think we all know what "NEEDS" to be done but I have a feeling she will not do what is needed and will continue to give excuses, posts about how she will do the work "sometime".
I think this needs to END, give the materials to the customers, send off what you have completed (if any at all) and stop commissioning!

As a commissioner I hate to post this but I can not stand by and watch as this ruins and gives a really bad rep for other commissioners out here in the cosplay community.
this is not how it works and id hate to see people stop cosplaying because of this...
__________________
Cosplay / Prop Commissioner

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #45
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!
 
Endrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 282
Well I suppose we'll see what she emails to people tonight. I do agree with the materials but if someone has paid in full (I'm sure some) she needs to give them a product because you just can't give the materials and call that even. Especially if it's past the PayPal date.
__________________
"Do you hate me, Ragna? "

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.