Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #46
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.
 
Mykaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,227
***This is a mass email being sent to all current and delayed commissions. It has been sent to everyone individually and posted on my facebook page.***


I am sending this to inform everyone, if you don’t already know, that due to circumstances out of my control, I am currently behind on commissions (which include shipments, updates and pictures). I want to make sure that everyone is on the same page and I am *hoping* that you’ll work with me as I catch up. I am not looking for anyone’s sympathy or pity, I’m just asking everyone to understand. The following is a schedule of what things I have to do and what needs to be done. It includes upcoming commissions, and for those of you who have deadlines for January and beyond, this should not affect you in any way, and should for some reason I cannot meet your deadline, I will notify you about two months in advanced, and send any remain materials and whatever progress I have either over to you, or the new commissioner. I encourage those with said 2014 deadlines to speak with another commissioner *just in case* to see what their availability is like and if they would be able to hold a slot for you. I don’t want to miss anymore deadlines or have any more delays come up and spare both of us that stress. However, if you are able to for some reason, extend a deadline; please do not hesitate to discuss that with me.

Now, here is what I want to do. It will not take 6 months or a year and will in fact take less, but it also won’t take one day or one week. I do have classes every weekday and a 30 hour work week.

Within the next seven days (today is September 9th), these commissions will be shipped:
-Journey Red variant
-Donnel from Fire Emblem

By the 25th, this will have been shipped, if not delivered:
-Alexander Anderson from Hellsing
-Shadow Lugia Gijinka

October 15th,:
-Duke Devlin jewelry *this is an upcoming deadline*
-Arya Stark season 3 *this is an upcoming deadline*
-Sakura-hime
-Aoba
-Yukari vocaloid

October 25th:
-Hyuuga Hinata hoodie
-Seras Victoria blood
-Seras Victoria OVA


October 31th:
-Asuka + Winry
-Female Ezio/assassin + boa plushie
-Loki
-Shadow Lugia hoodie

Please note, that this is what I know and am going to stick to. It may very well be more than that and it won’t be any less (also not everything is listed), but I really don’t want to give hard dates and make promises I can’t keep. Please do not argue with me about deadlines, or who/what should be sent out/finished first as I’m trying to keep it oldest to newest. I understand that deadlines have been missed, I understand that there have been delays and I understand that I have to somewhat put things into a well-known and established order. I understand that some of you are no longer patient and are extremely frustrated. And for those of you who remain patient and understanding, I cannot be thankful enough. I want to solve everything as peacefully and calmly and if at all possible, a little stress free.

I will always be able to answer emails and questions, if you have any and by all means you’re all free to contact me. But, please do not expect me to answer immediately, and do not send me hundreds of messages a day. I encourage everyone to follow my facebook page as well, if you already aren’t, because there will be times where I won’t be able to send emails and updates are always posted there.

I hope we can reach an understanding and that everyone will have faith in me in getting through this.

**I forgot to include that I am no longer taking commissions, until I have completed everything/got caught up, if that.

Last edited by Mykaios : 09-09-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #47
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay
 
Spooky~bo~Peep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
Here is where I add my two-cents. MYKAIOS. You have been outed for STRONG-ARM tactics, failure to live up to your OWN self-protecting contract. Broken SEVERAL promises to God_king Jedi. I personally have had to listen to my friend crying on the phone because you dilly dallyed your way around getting Loki to her on time for DragonCon. If you have enough time to go to your own conventions, Post on facebook etc you have time to send her quick pictures so she can send you the rest of what you are (in my opinion ridiculously) asking for. I have seen your completed commissions and the Sesshoumaru and Drizzt I had to do a double take at.
Look, if you are such a nice person like you say you are you CAN terminate the contract. Give her her money back and just put an end to this. OR send her the parts and pieces she has already paid for and be DONE with it.
Spooky~bo~Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #48
Wolfmeisterrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
I feel like my cosplay doesn't even exist or isn't even started except for the hair clips if I have to wait until october 31st for you to ship it out ..I have paid the balance off completely. A nd its been about a year..and its been shipped out before but somehow got "returned". don't understand why If its completed must I wait almost 2month for a ship out makes me think it doesn't exist.
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #49
Skyefrost
Not Always Right
 
Skyefrost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
.
You realized that you didn't answer what everyone was saying right? You need to give pictures because we need PROOF that it even existed. Please don't bs about it's being hard to do, I think it been said enough by multiple people that it's easy to do.

What you are doing is essentially extending a deadline for a costume that is supposedly "Done". You said Loki was done, why would you wait til Oct 31 just to ship it? Why don't you admit that the "finished" work is not finished? Because right now you look like S-C-A-M-M-E-R, you already lied about a lot of things and not providing pictures. Why should anyone believe you now?

Take everyone's advice and lighten the load by giving the people their materials. And Provide pictures of cosplays that are "finished".

Last edited by Skyefrost : 09-10-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #50
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner
 
Ayase Shin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 371
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfmeisterrr View Post
I feel like my cosplay doesn't even exist or isn't even started except for the hair clips if I have to wait until october 31st for you to ship it out ..I have paid the balance off completely. A nd its been about a year..and its been shipped out before but somehow got "returned". don't understand why If its completed must I wait almost 2month for a ship out makes me think it doesn't exist.
that's because it doesn't, she LIED! and continues to lie to people... this is sooo frustrating and I cant see why she doesn't do the right thing.
im sorry but if you "sent' a package out and it returned to you, the FIRST thing i would do is go and send it out again immediately!!! not put it aside or in storage i mean seriously. That PROVES it doesn't and NEVER existed.there is absolutely no reason why if you actually HAVE an item why it can not be shipped and that whole, "i work, I have school, i haven't gotten to it yet." mentality just screams unprofessional and honestly she just plain doesn't care.

again - i told myself i wouldn't post again but i just cant NOT, this hurts everyone here in the community and if you cant conduct business then you just shouldn't do it.
__________________
Cosplay / Prop Commissioner

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #51
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay
 
Spooky~bo~Peep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
Mykaios doesn't have a legal leg to stand on anymore. I spoke with and showed everything to a family member who is a legal aide, I discussed it with a guy who also does commissions and many other people. They are right up there with you Ayase and Skye. I didn't want to post anything either but yes this DOES hurt the cosplay community. It's going to make others scared of hiring commissioners etc. I also get up in arms when I hear my friends crying and upset. And the fact Wolf even PAID OFF theirs!
I ordered a custom made saddle for my horse and it only cost me $700. Hand made, real leather etc. There was a delay and I called the guy. The saddle makers had never dealt with a horse with such angles before and had to carve a new tree from scratch. BUT he OFFERED to TERMINATE and REFUND my money because it was taking so long. So that right there is an example of GOOD business.
Mykaios is out of excuses and needs to man up before she gets a summons to small claims court. With $900 on the line this is no longer a trivial matter.
Spooky~bo~Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #52
Wolfmeisterrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayase Shin View Post
that's because it doesn't, she LIED! and continues to lie to people... this is sooo frustrating and I cant see why she doesn't do the right thing.
im sorry but if you "sent' a package out and it returned to you, the FIRST thing i would do is go and send it out again immediately!!! not put it aside or in storage i mean seriously. That PROVES it doesn't and NEVER existed.there is absolutely no reason why if you actually HAVE an item why it can not be shipped and that whole, "i work, I have school, i haven't gotten to it yet." mentality just screams unprofessional and honestly she just plain doesn't care.

again - i told myself i wouldn't post again but i just cant NOT, this hurts everyone here in the community and if you cant conduct business then you just shouldn't do it.
Yes I am starting to see that now. Looking back at my old emails. Actually it has been a month over a year since I made my first payment for a cosplay that was supposed to be done EARLY May 2013. I commissioned this item in August 2012. I paid in full way before my con start BTW. So really there isn't any excuse to not give it to me. Only pic I got were pics of the hairclips that is it.
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #53
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!
 
Endrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 282
At this point she needs to just work the people that have paid in full. That take off the work load to an extreme since I'm sure those numbers are very few.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #54
GodKing_Jedi
Registered User
 
GodKing_Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyefrost View Post
You realized that you didn't answer what everyone was saying right? You need to give pictures because we need PROOF that it even existed. Please don't bs about it's being hard to do, I think it been said enough by multiple people that it's easy to do.

What you are doing is essentially extending a deadline for a costume that is supposedly "Done". You said Loki was done, why would you wait til Oct 31 just to ship it? Why don't you admit that the "finished" work is not finished? Because right now you look like S-C-A-M-M-E-R, you already lied about a lot of things and not providing pictures. Why should anyone believe you now?

Take everyone's advice and lighten the load by giving the people their materials. And Provide pictures of cosplays that are "finished".
*sick at heart* Yeah, at this point I just - I want it over with, I want this entire debacle done and finished and behind me, and that in turn means only but I want the materials and the supplies and the cosplay itself in whatever state of completion it (quite clearly isn't, and never has been) may be in! Quite obviously this is something she can do for others - she's fully capable of it, witness her statement which I have quoted and bolded, as follows:

and send any remain materials and whatever progress I have either over to you, or the new commissioner.

So it's something she very much can do - sending the materials and whatever progress has been made on the cosplay, etc., etc. - sending that back to the person. It's simply that out of rank stubbornness, galling intransigence, breathtaking hubris or plain and simple cruelty, she's deliberately refusing to do so for me. Even though I have not just repeatedly asked her, but I have begged, literally begged and implored her to do it!

I know I shouldn't have dared get my hopes up in any remotest way, shape or form that somehow I would have anything at all in time for New York Comic Con....my head told me that, all the while, "don't dare hope that at least you might have ruddy well something to show for it, even if it's just all the materials and whatever the heck" and then maybe I could somehow cobble something together for it....I told myself not to dare, in that regard, and yet I realized last night that to some extent - nonetheless, I must have. Because it crsuhed me anew, her saying that suddenly, now, the date on mine was *October 31st* (and what does that even mean, anyway? October 31st for it to be finished when it supposedly was before and ready to go accordingly - or for it to be sent out? Or for it to finally arrive to me? Or for her to finally post these supposed and elusive pictures of it? I don't believe it, and I can't trust her. But her ongoing lies and dissembling are....well. At this point do I even have to say it? Utterly sickening, and then some!

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 09-10-2013 at 10:54 AM.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #55
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay
 
Spooky~bo~Peep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
Well at this point she has two choices. A) give you the refund and/or costume parts that are supposedly finished and therefore end up being the nice person she claims to be. Or B) She gets a summons to a small claims court and lose everything. Two internet crimes reports have already been fully filed so she's already getting in deep deep trouble.
Spooky~bo~Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #56
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden
 
Soul_Siren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 132
It would be a beautiful thing if Mykaios would keep to her shipment schedule she put forward on this thread, as well as make things right for all involved. Since I wrote one of those Internet crime reports, I would love nothing more than to just get my cosplay, which Mykaois claims is already finished. That is all I've wanted all along, without the drama and anxiety this whole situation has created. I'd be delighted to get the cosplay, as I have seen that she is capable of very good cosplay work. It would be great to add to the crime report that the commissioner has rectified her wrongdoings and move on with my life.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #57
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay
 
Spooky~bo~Peep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx Since she claims she has no idea what Internet Crime Reporting is about.
Spooky~bo~Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #58
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden
 
Soul_Siren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky~bo~Peep View Post
http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx Since she claims she has no idea what Internet Crime Reporting is about.
Thanks for this.

I would also like to add that filing a crime report is by no means a joke and is to be taken very seriously. It is best left as a last resort when all else has failed.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #59
Throatriptron
Tsundere
 
Throatriptron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 180
Kind of following this thread because until last night, I had no idea about all of this. I am also commissioning something from her and my date is coming up in October (Hinata jacket on the list). I'm hoping everyone gets their stuff.

I'm hoping I get my stuff.

I do have faith she'll follow through, but it's not blind faith- I'll have a costume waiting in the wings just in case! I'm lucky enough to have this option, even if I'm not particularly fond of the idea.

Best of luck to the commissioner and her customers. This is a pretty messy situation!
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #60
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay
 
Spooky~bo~Peep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
Indeed. She is now committing white-collar crimes and will be dealt with by the FBI if she doesn't straighten up. Causing someone emotional distress also can lead to poor health in that person so she is not only causing financial damages to you guys but physical and psychological ones as well. So she now has the option of manning up and proving herself NOT to be a sociopath and scammer. OR she is a sociopath and scammer and will end up being arrested for white-collar crimes. Her little contract is Null and VOID now that she didn't post any pics as stated would happen in the contract. She is no longer protected and it is only a matter of time.
Spooky~bo~Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.